ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Am i been scammed here? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/915387-am-i-been-scammed-here.html)

L.J.F 01 December 2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10359316)
Am i been scammed here?

About a month ago i agreed to buy an Impreza V4 STi engine, VF34 turbo and everything else under the bonnet from a guy who is an active user on here.

I paid a deposit of £100 through paypal and the remainder £1100 by transfer into his wifes bank account once everything was ready to be sent out to me. He even sent me pics of the engine and all the gubbins whilst it was still in the donor car. He initially stated he sent out a pallet to my chosen garage using parcel2go.com. I chased for a tracking number which he failed to provide and eventually stated the pallet has come back to his house.

He then told me he has cancelled work appointments and will personally deliver the pallet to my chosen garage. He failed to do that too stating personal reasons as to why he could not do so. He had to abandon his Impreza Gravel in Birmingham (he's from up north) and catch a train back home as he was over the limit.

Roll on the weekend where he sent me text messages as to how he is getting on a train from up north and on the way to Birmingham to pick up his car and give me my engine (which is in the boot of the Impreza Gravel). Lo and behold he failed to turn up, failed to respond to my messages and failed to communicate. He also never answered my question as to what his address is.

So i found out where he lived and drove up on Sunday. I kept things civil and told him i want my engine. He insisted it is in Birmingham, showed me the location on Google maps and gave me the key to his Impreza Gravel. I drove back, searched far and wide but there is no car. He has failed to answer any of my calls or reply to any messages. I called withholding my number. He answered! He cut me off when he heard my voice so now i was convinced that i've been had for £1200. He then made contact again stating the car is there and he will transfer my money back and it was his hands free kti that cut me off or something along those lines. Last Wednesday he said he made an online transfer. Upto now i still have no money. He now claims he is waiting for the bank.

In the meantime i contacted his local police who were interested in the finer details, also some other forum members have been made aware and are really not happy about it (looking after fellow members type thing). Now i want to keep this as civilised as possible however it irks me as communication is very slow and often me being the person instigating it.

So then SNers, give more benefit of doubt or go legal?

What a p1ss taking kunt! pay him another visit mate, you seem like a decent enough person and should not let anyone mess you around like this!

Also next time make sure you are covered before you pay a sum like that to somebody you have never met.

TelBoy 01 December 2011 03:08 PM

And then LJF read the rest of the thread....

L.J.F 01 December 2011 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10359709)
And then LJF read the rest of the thread....

:oops::shtf::facepalm:

Post now edited:lol1:

Myles 01 December 2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Einstein RA (Post 10359696)
The guy is full of ****! Sonic that is. All this solar panel bollox and 40k comission baloney, the guy is a regular Walter Mitty. He has had ample chance to come and state his side of things.

I think Walter Mitty is a bit harsh. I would like to think you would take it as red if I told you that I am a powerfully built MD of a Weapons Company, regularly going to African States to sell my wares to any despot that will pay me enough.
And I drive an Impreza on my days off.

Shaid 01 December 2011 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 10359705)
What a p1ss taking kunt! pay him another visit mate, you seem like a decent enough person and should not let anyone mess you around like this!

Also next time make sure you are covered before you pay a sum like that to somebody you have never met.

Stupid of me for being so trusting in the first place. One way or another I will be getting paid.

However on the bright side another SN user sold me a while car for £900 so I pinched the engine and gubbins out of that to use in my single turbo conversion Legacy.

sonicvr6 01 December 2011 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10359652)
Thanks for the heads up.

He apparently transferred monies back to me last Wednesday evening but I have received nothing yet. Although he did state he is waiting for a call back from his bank.

yes as i had already messaed you 2day to ask if it is in your bank yet but no response from your self just this thread i sent the refund that you asked for wednesday even went into the bank to fined out, anyway i have just text you and will forward the conformation email from the bank you you when i get home

TelBoy 01 December 2011 04:21 PM

And don't mess anyone else around like that, sonic, there's a good chap :)

Shaid 01 December 2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by sonicvr6 (Post 10359813)
yes as i had already messaed you 2day to ask if it is in your bank yet but no response from your self just this thread i sent the refund that you asked for wednesday even went into the bank to fined out, anyway i have just text you and will forward the conformation email from the bank you you when i get home

Yes, you mentioned it in the Clarkson thread.

As I said in my SMS I share my office with Santander an online transfer with them takes four days. I'll look out for said confirmation email and as I've said time and time again once i've received my money it will be forgiven and forgotten.

sonicvr6 01 December 2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by TelBoy (Post 10359818)
And don't mess anyone else around like that, sonic, there's a good chap :)

if you notice after this deal stared to go sour i've been posting on all for sales thread's i will not post you must collect

sonicvr6 01 December 2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10359819)
Yes, you mentioned it in the Clarkson thread.

As I said in my SMS I share my office with Santander an online transfer with them takes four days. I'll look out for said confirmation email and as I've said time and time again once i've received my money it will be forgiven and forgotten.

believe me i want nothing less right now i would of liked a text this morning to say still not revised anyway i will get that over to you and fined out what the fcuk is going on at this point

Shaid 01 December 2011 04:28 PM

Okay, fair enough

LegacyAdam 01 December 2011 05:07 PM

I've known Shaid for many years and he has been keeping me up to speed with his car problems (I was with him at the Nurburgring when his engine went pop). This issue with buying the STI engine has been on-going for weeks and I think Shaid has been far too relaxed and generous about it. Shaid has given Sonic every chance to resolve these issues in private and has only posted here as a last resort.

I will repeat here what I have already told Shaid in private... You have all the correspondence on file, you have his name and address. Phone your solicitor first thing in the morning.

The time for polite conversation passed some time ago IMO.

whiteRA 01 December 2011 06:18 PM

There are others out there too!!

Unfortunately as mentioned above, Shaid is not the only person to have been messed around by Sonic.

On 6th November I paid £30 via paypal for the steering wheel advertised by Sonic.
Now almost 4 weeks later after numerous promises and excuses I still have no steering wheel and no refund.

I appreciate that this is only a tiny amount compared to what Shaid has paid, but the principle remains the same.

After reading this thread today, I have politely PM'd him once more encouraging him to refund the money to my account so that the matter can be cleared up once and for all.

Rak

the hamster 01 December 2011 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 10359429)
I also think you have to bring in the legal fellows, but think you should not have named him yet.

Les

Yes he should, for the protection of others on this forum. I wouldnt be happy if I knew someone had a problem with a seller/trader on here but held off telling me and I ended up in the same position.

This is a BIG community and this sort of thing should not be tolerated. He's been more than patient, especially when £1200 out of pocket. I'd be asking a few friends to collect my £1200, not going down the legal softy softy route thats for sure.

Gear Head 01 December 2011 06:26 PM

Sonic, this is stupid. Honour your commitments or piss off.

Puff The Magic Wagon! 01 December 2011 06:41 PM

Ok gents - for the moment, both sides are talking to each other. Lets leave them to sort it out and not all stick our twopenny's worth in and turn it into a flame war.

So, I'm going to close this thread.

Thanks

Puff

Shaid 04 December 2011 11:47 PM

Thanks Mods,

Other than a pm stating that his bank have told him i have the money (which i have not) followed by three exclamation marks and yet once again failing to send the email confirming he made transfer and to top it off with i have still not recieved a response to a pm i sent asking him;

'Are you 100% sure you typed my bank account details in correct?'

I am left with no other choice than to do what everyone had been telling me from the first sign.

I have filled a court claim against him for all the monies he's owed me and i have also reported him to plod. Plod have been out, seen me, taken details and will be in touch with his local plod. They are so far treating it as fraud. I will see what the outcome is once plod get back in touch with me.

I wish to thank everyone for their support, offers to get the money, etc, it really is genuinly appreciated especially considering i've only known some of you by net or the odd meet but overall it goes to show that in the motoring community such a thing will not be tolerated even if it does happen to someone you do not know whatsoever.

To those that do know me, i appreciate the extra help you have offered but i must go about this the correct and legal way.

Terminator X 04 December 2011 11:52 PM

I can't beleive that the turd is still posting away merrily on this site :razz:

TX.

MicaDan 04 December 2011 11:55 PM

Why hasn't he sorted it yet? He's obviously not short of a few quid...

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...v5-1999-a.html

Post number 22!

jayallen 05 December 2011 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 10364997)
I can't beleive that the turd is still posting away merrily on this site :razz:

TX.

Ditto!!

Originally Posted by MicaDan (Post 10365005)

Post number 22!

Just bought Ksport brakes by the looks of it too!

Shaid 05 December 2011 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by MicaDan (Post 10365005)

Post number 22!

I have PM'd damotypeR who SonicVR6 replied to in post 18 about coming to a 'deal'!

the hamster 05 December 2011 09:30 AM

I reckon this should be in the general section to warn others, its a bit out of the way in the non related and there could be others fall for the same thing.

Leslie 05 December 2011 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by the hamster (Post 10359966)
Yes he should, for the protection of others on this forum. I wouldnt be happy if I knew someone had a problem with a seller/trader on here but held off telling me and I ended up in the same position.

This is a BIG community and this sort of thing should not be tolerated. He's been more than patient, especially when £1200 out of pocket. I'd be asking a few friends to collect my £1200, not going down the legal softy softy route thats for sure.

Best not to name anyone until some positive or legal conclusion has been arrived at in case it was not the fault of the person in question.

Les

Shaid 05 December 2011 12:34 PM

Understood Leslie... hopefully i won't ever need to go down this route again.

Gear Head 05 December 2011 01:16 PM

Surely his account should at the very least be suspended pending further investigation. By the sounds of it, he is using this site to rip people off, so for the protection of others, I feel that this should be made a 'sticky' in the general and for sale section.

Would the mods not agree with this? :wonder:

f1_fan 05 December 2011 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 10365484)
Surely his account should at the very least be suspended pending further investigation. By the sounds of it, he is using this site to rip people off, so for the protection of others, I feel that this should be made a 'sticky' in the general and for sale section.

Seconded, this is bloody ridiculous :brickwall

TH3_5T1G 05 December 2011 03:08 PM

It is now by the looks of it :) (account suspended pending investigation that is)

chocolate_o_brian 05 December 2011 03:38 PM

As I've mentioned before I've met Luke in person and done business with him (bought wheels) and he didn't seem to be the scamming type. Was I just s lucky one then or what :wonder:

Either way I hope this is sorted amicably :)

Ant 05 December 2011 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10365689)
As I've mentioned before I've met Luke in person and done business with him (bought wheels) and he didn't seem to be the scamming type. Was I just s lucky one then or what :wonder:

He might of taken a shine to you.

MicaDan 05 December 2011 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 10365689)

I've spoken to Luke quite a few times on here and he seemed ok, however Shaid's first post doesn't exactly give Sonic the benefit of the doubt. Sending him here there and everywhere looking for a Gravel Express that isn't there, deliveries not turning up, phones being switched off, PM's ignored, but yet he's still buying (or offering to buy) stuff on here :wonder:.