ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Lighting and Other Electrical (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/)
-   -   Why have I got no hot air??!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/lighting-and-other-electrical-14/912222-why-have-i-got-no-hot-air.html)

Mistermann 29 November 2011 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Rickvpw (Post 10356166)
Thanks for the advice mate but can't see it being a huge issue for me ;)

Whilst the engine is out and apart it is receiving ACL race bearings, forge pistons, forge rods, ARP head bolts, cosworth head gaskets, liners pined, bores honed, TGV deletes and a few other choice bits and bobs :)

Lol - silver lining and all that! Gonna be a bit of beast by the looks of things. Apart from the dent in the wallet I suspect this is the best outcome all round!

Rickvpw 30 November 2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10356480)
LOL, that's roughly what I did to my brand new 2.5 short engine, bought cheap off ebay.

Defo the way to go mate, at least now I have piece of mind that I have a strong reliable engine.

The hawkeye had two common engine weak spots, one being the head gasket and the other being the choclate pistons. So basically cured to downsides to what seems like a almost perfect car :)

Originally Posted by Mistermann (Post 10356527)
Lol - silver lining and all that! Gonna be a bit of beast by the looks of things. Apart from the dent in the wallet I suspect this is the best outcome all round!

Indeed mate, silver linning. But you are correct on the downsides, huge dent in wallet and the desire for more power will only see that dent getting bigger lol

alcazar 30 November 2011 09:59 PM

Plus it takes AGES before that awful feeling of distrust in the car starts to fade.

Rickvpw 30 November 2011 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10358839)
Plus it takes AGES before that awful feeling of distrust in the car starts to fade.

Could not agree more mate, I knew if I didn’t spend a little of my hard earned cash now I would be constantly paranoid that it will come back to haunt me at a later date. Plus the distrust in the cars reliability would mean I couldn’t enjoy her to her full potential.

alcazar 01 December 2011 09:55 AM

I'm still paranoid two years on.
Every noise, every dip in any gauge, I'm constantly checking, checking..........

Rickvpw 01 December 2011 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10356145)
Well, all I can say is that you are very philosophical.

DO remember that Imprezas often destroy their bottom ends AFTER a headgasket change, so while the engine is out, good idea to swap the big end bearings out for new ones.

Originally Posted by alcazar (Post 10359278)
I'm still paranoid two years on.
Every noise, every dip in any gauge, I'm constantly checking, checking..........

That's possibly the best way to be mate, aslong as your not so paranoid that it stop's you enjoying your car to the full! :)