ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   post moved (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/911807-post-moved.html)

drive 07 November 2011 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10319527)
Mark, that is the trouble with the Wales Forum at the moment - lot of snidey posts and digs at other members. I don't come on here or post even half as much as I used to and prefer to go to other Scoobynet forums as I can't be bothered with all the cr@p that gets posted in this forum.

Certain other members on here don't even know the meaning of manners, you help them and they can't even be bothered to post a simple 'Thank you', so from now on I think I will let other members flounder even if I can or could be in a position to help.

Don't get me wrong some may have considered me to have posted a few digs in my time but I would imagine 99.99% were in jest, but the atmosphere on here at the moment is not condusive to keeping me posting or even interested.

Ty I hope that wasn't a dig fella,I did apologize further up in the post,also asking you how much could you get me a battery for fella??
Or is that what you meant,by " letting other members flounder " ??

drive 07 November 2011 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by mp24 (Post 10314456)
Ask a mate who's a paying member to post it up for you :norty::D

Done cheers fella,that's the main reason I put the original post in the wales section,as I didn't want to have to drive over the bridge,to have to pick up the said items.

Cannon Fodder 07 November 2011 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by drive (Post 10319610)
Ty I hope that wasn't a dig fella,I did apologize further up in the post,also asking you how much could you get me a battery for fella??
Or is that what you meant,by " can't be bothered to help " ??

No it definitely without a shadow of a doubt was not aimed at you, if you get me the battery type number then I can get a battery for you.

(for the moderators I do not make a profit out of getting batteries for members on here as the invoices are all made out by a third party supplier and I just collect the payment)

STI Glenn 07 November 2011 11:32 AM

I tell what boys i was once in the rs owners club ,they where has bitchy as hell . Looks like this forum is going down the same road unfortuatly

drive 07 November 2011 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder (Post 10319622)
No it definitely without a shadow of a doubt was not aimed at you, if you get me the battery type number then I can get a battery for you.

(for the moderators I do not make a profit out of getting batteries for members on here as the invoices are all made out by a third party supplier and I just collect the payment)

Cheers Ty ask Dylan,as I have no idea what type it is,it's for a 96 classic wrx impreza though.:)

Kieran_Burns 07 November 2011 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by mp24 (Post 10314456)
Ask a mate who's a paying member to post it up for you :norty::D

This is also against the rules and any posts found will also be removed - sorry but thems the rules that everyone has to abide by

DYL 4N 07 November 2011 05:02 PM

What if we don't want to grow up. It adds a bit of spice to this section.

I used to post on here and get all sorts of silly replies.

I only ment it as a bit of banter if it offends then so what.

The Sheep Worrier 07 November 2011 08:59 PM

https://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0085.gif https://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0028.gif https://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0081.gif

Group hug anyone??

https://serve.mysmiley.net/love/love0082.gif

drive 10 November 2011 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 10319850)
This is also against the rules and any posts found will also be removed - sorry but thems the rules that everyone has to abide by

i haven't and wouldn't do this,but i have asked on another subaru website and,they have been very helpful,and they didn't want money for their help either,if someone has something i want,and i have money for said item,then why not be allowed to exchange the pair,we are all adults after all.

mp24 11 November 2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by drive (Post 10325362)
i haven't and wouldn't do this,but i have asked on another subaru website and,they have been very helpful,and they didn't want money for their help either,if someone has something i want,and i have money for said item,then why not be allowed to exchange the pair,we are all adults after all.

It all comes down to people wanting to make money off us ..
I used to pay for sidc membership and thought that was a waste of money as well ;)

drive 11 November 2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by mp24 (Post 10326937)
It all comes down to people wanting to make money off us ..
I used to pay for sidc membership and thought that was a waste of money as well ;)

its up to the individual to look at the item,and the condition of it,and put a value on it,and banter with them about the price,at the end of the day if i don't get a pair of heads then my car wont run....

i agree fella,why cant friends just help each other out,if they are able to without there being an added price,of membership on top....

Kieran_Burns 11 November 2011 01:46 PM

The membership fee for selling / wanted Ads was added due to multiple requests from members wanting some protection from scammers.

If we have a payment from someone, we have a paper trail that can help in legal proceedings.

Besides, it isn't exactly breaking the bank to pay the fee.

drive 11 November 2011 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 10327059)
The membership fee for selling / wanted Ads was added due to multiple requests from members wanting some protection from scammers.

If we have a payment from someone, we have a paper trail that can help in legal proceedings.

Besides, it isn't exactly breaking the bank to pay the fee.

well i deal in cash so there would not be a paper trail.
as stated before,im on the sick and get £49.00 a week
if it is'nt exactly breaking the bank,can you lend me the money then????

ceri

"Taylor" 11 November 2011 04:55 PM

If you can afford to rebuild your engine Ceri, i'm sure you can afford to join up as a full member on here. Its only fair as thats what the rest of us have had to do. It doesn't cost a lot compared to Subaru ownership and i'm sure the local paper would charge you to place a wanted ad and that wouldn't reach half of the relevant people that you would on here. Come on, fair is fair fella. :thumb:

drive 11 November 2011 05:22 PM

I can't afford it fella,but I'm lucky enough to have a brother who can afford it,he has kindly loaned me the money,untill I get my insurance payout,from the car accident that put me out of work,when that comes through,I will pay him back,and pay for membership but untill that comes through,I'm not in a position financially to pay for the membership,and don't say ask him for some more,as he has leant me enough already,as we all know how much an engine rebuild costs,also he works in jordan,so it's not like he's around the corner.

Ceri