ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Trader Announcements (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/)
-   -   F & R brembo sti performance discs and kevlar sport pads £250 (https://www.scoobynet.com/trader-announcements-363/904513-f-and-r-brembo-sti-performance-discs-and-kevlar-sport-pads-250-a.html)

Godspeed Brakes 17 October 2011 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10286983)
On a road car????

The feedback so far from people using them on the road is that they behave very well , nothing like a full on race pad , are quiet and easy going on discs , but are also awesome on the track

see here for one of them

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=388655

dazdavies 17 October 2011 02:11 PM

Cold bite on them is supposed to be non existant. This was from EBC's own press release I believe.

If you wish to drive your car to the track and race it, you CANNOT use Orangestuff. It is not European street legal or safe and likely never will be ECE R 90 street legal .Even in countries where there is no such consideration of ECE R 90 (a European brake safety regulation) Orange grade is NOT designed for highway style driving and is more designed to scrub off speed on track use. Orange is a TRACK ONLY MATERIAL.

Godspeed Brakes 17 October 2011 02:27 PM

Well from my customers feedback cold bite is very good.
You need to do some homework on Reg 90 instead of joining all the scare mongerers Daz , Reg 90 only applies to cars from 1999 onwards and only applies if you have the standard factory fitted calipers on , once you change the calipers , as Stu (53WRX) has done as he has fitted the STi brembo calipers , then REG 90 doesn't apply and you can fit whatever pad you want.

There will always be some ' my mate said this , and I've heard this ' comments , but the feedback from people actually using them is very good

dazdavies 17 October 2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Godney (Post 10287161)
Well from my customers feedback cold bite is very good.
You need to do some homework on Reg 90 instead of joining all the scare mongerers Daz , Reg 90 only applies to cars from 1999 onwards and only applies if you have the standard factory fitted calipers on , once you change the calipers , as Stu (53WRX) has done as he has fitted the STi brembo calipers , then REG 90 doesn't apply and you can fit whatever pad you want.

There will always be some ' my mate said this , and I've heard this ' comments , but the feedback from people actually using them is very good

Steady on Ian thats a tad strong don't you think?

I was merely quoting from EBC's own press release plus the first hand feedback from Paul Doyle when we were sharing a garage with him at the final round of Time Attack at Snetterton. He agreed they are a good Track pad, but he said he didn't think they'd be suitable for road for the reasons I've mentioned.
I also think he prefered the NDX blues out of the two.

Not quite the case of chinese whispers you're implying.

53 17 October 2011 03:02 PM

I have blues in my main track car, so if they prove to be road unfriendly I will simply swap them out for the blues and put the oranges in the main track car :) No biggy :)

dazdavies 17 October 2011 03:21 PM

Best of both worlds :D

53 17 October 2011 03:32 PM

:thumb: be nice to have painted hubs too rather than the rusty ones I have atm :D tart-tastic :D

Godspeed Brakes 17 October 2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by dazdavies (Post 10287186)
Steady on Ian thats a tad strong don't you think?

I was merely quoting from EBC's own press release plus the first hand feedback from Paul Doyle when we were sharing a garage with him at the final round of Time Attack at Snetterton. He agreed they are a good Track pad, but he said he didn't think they'd be suitable for road for the reasons I've mentioned.
I also think he prefered the NDX blues out of the two.

Not quite the case of chinese whispers you're implying.

Sorry wasn't meant to come across strong , left out the :luvlove: smiley lol

As above though , he didn't THINK they would be suitable , we have feedback from people who KNOW they are :thumb:

Stu
Your grooved front and rear discs with the painted centres , and orangestuff pads were sent out as planned today and will be with you tomorrow , looking forward to your feedback on them

Cheers Ian

BigEnds 18 October 2011 01:44 PM

Received the rear discs and pads. Many thanks look awesome and speedy delivery! :-)

Godspeed Brakes 19 October 2011 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by BigEnds (Post 10288548)
Received the rear discs and pads. Many thanks look awesome and speedy delivery! :-)

Your welcome mate :thumb:

duncatr 22 October 2011 06:58 PM

Everything arrived this week Ian. Many thanks.

Wife said the delivery driver changed colour trying to lift it all. LOL

wrxsti280 24 October 2011 10:12 PM

What price for just a set of fronts discs to fit a my94 sti wagon with the gold brembos fitted??

And out of interest, if I wanted to fit the rear gold brembos, what's involved? Straight swap or need a bracket to do it?

Cheers

Godspeed Brakes 25 October 2011 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by wrxsti280 (Post 10298266)
What price for just a set of fronts discs to fit a my94 sti wagon with the gold brembos fitted??

And out of interest, if I wanted to fit the rear gold brembos, what's involved? Straight swap or need a bracket to do it?

Cheers

Hi
I can supply you our grooved front 326mm discs to suit the sti brembo's for £99.50 a pair , the fronts will fit straight on.

The rears are more involved to fit , you would need the mounting bracket kit for the calipers to bolt in place , and you would either need the thicker handbrake shoes , or the discs with the inserts fitted in them to reduce the handbrake size down

Fitting kit and handbrake shoes here
http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~god...?id_product=91

Fitting kit alone here
http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~god...?id_product=90

And discs fitted with inserts to use a standard handbrake here
http://www.godspeedbrakes.co.uk/~god...id_product=125

Hope this helps

Cheers Ian
01656 723060

wrxsti280 25 October 2011 09:04 AM

Thanks Ian, I,ll be in touch

andy8301 28 October 2011 11:03 PM

Ordered these yesterday afternoon and guess what arrived at dinnertime. Top product from a top bloke cheers Ian.

white noise 29 October 2011 02:45 AM

Hi Ian,
Looking to upgrade my brakes discs and pads(front to start with) on my sti v5 wagon
Brembo/ksport/or others im currently on 18" p1 alloys, so bigger than oem callipers not a problem.

What prices and makes can u supply ?
Regards
Neil

P15UL T 02 November 2011 08:08 PM

Hi Ian, can you clarify that these discs suitable for the 2008 hatchback wrx STI ? would be looking for fronts, rears and fast street pads all round ?

thanks for any info

Paul

Godspeed Brakes 02 November 2011 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by P15UL T (Post 10311968)
Hi Ian, can you clarify that these discs suitable for the 2008 hatchback wrx STI ? would be looking for fronts, rears and fast street pads all round ?

thanks for any info

Paul

Hi Paul
We can supply you front discs and pads , and rear pads for the STi hatch , but as yet no one does rear discs for them , they have a different offset from the earlier sti's.
We have managed in the past to get some delivery miles discs taken off brand new cars being built into rally cars , so I can put some feelers out to see if there any available , if not then its dealer only for them , if this is the only option we could get you some and groove them.
Cheers Ian

P15UL T 02 November 2011 09:07 PM

Thanks for the reply Ian , can't believe I have a 3 year old car that companies don't do rear dics for lol. If you could pm some prices for the pads and front discs and also price for the rear oem discs with the grooves being put into them to match the fronts

Thank you
Paul

Kevin_STI 03 November 2011 01:32 PM

Hi can you supply just rear discs for a 54 STi, if so how much?

Godspeed Brakes 03 November 2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin_STI (Post 10312993)
Hi can you supply just rear discs for a 54 STi, if so how much?

Hi
Yes we can , they are £120 a pair plus £12.50 P&P
Cheers Ian