ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Vigilantes in Enfield (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/900632-vigilantes-in-enfield.html)

rickya 10 August 2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10178754)
There is nothing in that post that is intended to cause divisions unless of course you are looking for a reason. The point I was making was 3 different groups of people trying to protect their community, so why is one being stereotypically lambasted.

If you are looking a the media's apparent biases, false claims & publicity stirring then this could turn into a never ending discussion, the media will always do what they do. :(

But most of the general public in the UK would all feel proud of these vigilantes saving their neighbourhood no matter if they originally belonged to the local pub, football club, temple, EDL, etc etc

Shaid 10 August 2011 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by foxarm (Post 10178754)
There is nothing in that post that is intended to cause divisions unless of course you are looking for a reason. The point I was making was 3 different groups of people trying to protect their community, so why is one being stereotypically lambasted.

It could be due to the fact that a small number of the Enfield lot were chanting edl (note - no caps used intentionally). This small number has managed to tarnish the bigger number.

rickya 10 August 2011 11:19 AM

Off course I'm not condoning racist chants while protecting the community!! lol :D

kingofturds 10 August 2011 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 10178761)
If you are looking a the media's apparent biases, false claims & publicity stirring then this could turn into a never ending discussion, the media will always do what they do. :(

But most of the general public in the UK would all feel proud of these vigilantes saving their neighbourhood no matter if they originally belonged to the local pub, football club, temple, EDL, etc etc

I only hope all sides of the community can put their differences aside in Birmingham and stand up to these scumbags.

The Zohan 10 August 2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178762)
This small number has managed to tarnish the bigger number.

same can be said of the scumbags doing the damage!:)

hopefully the communities will put differences aside and stand together united against the scum causing problems. It is ironically black and white - you are either for your community and the good of it or trying to destroy it

The Zohan 10 August 2011 11:41 AM

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/fed-residen...062625198.html

f1_fan 10 August 2011 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by The Zohan (Post 10178805)

Love the way the media stir it up... they can't wait to mention the EDL.... maybe we should get rid of the media!

Shaid 10 August 2011 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178822)
Love the way the media stir it up... they can't wait to mention the EDL.... maybe we should get rid of the media!

They did not mention the eld in a bad light at all. This is all they said; 'Groups of people also congregated in Eltham, southeast London, where it was clear the English Defence League were involved in organising the gathering.' Nothing wrong there...

JTaylor 10 August 2011 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178762)
It could be due to the fact that a small number of the Enfield lot were chanting edl (note - no caps used intentionally). This small number has managed to tarnish the bigger number.

So what?

GlesgaKiss 10 August 2011 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10178704)
Forgive me but I read the Daily Mail, and you know what, this is pretty good, ok its a hateful rag but even they occasionally must get something right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ed-youths.html

That is a good article.

mrmadcap 10 August 2011 12:02 PM

I noticed that the first CCTV pictures released featured whites, and then when the PM was talking outside number 10, behind him stood a black police constable.

It's all just spin, they must think we are stupid.

Shaid 10 August 2011 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178838)
So what?

So what? What?

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by mrmadcap (Post 10178842)
I noticed that the first CCTV pictures released featured whites, and then when the PM was talking outside number 10, behind him stood a black police constable.

It's all just spin, they must think we are stupid.

What's your point?

JTaylor 10 August 2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178848)
So what? What?

So what that they were chanting EDL? They were defending England, not destroying it. I thought you wanted to see everyone come together? :)

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178860)
So what that they were chanting EDL? They were defending England, not destroying it. I thought you wanted to see everyone come together? :)

I think they would only be defending white England though!

JTaylor 10 August 2011 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178867)
I think they would only be defending white England though!

That's because you're grossly mis-informed.

f1_fan 10 August 2011 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178879)
That's because you're grossly mis-informed.

As opposed to deluded!

mrmadcap 10 August 2011 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10178851)
What's your point?

My point is they will try to delude us all to secure the multicultural dream while the major cities burn.

Chip 10 August 2011 01:16 PM

Multiculturalism will never work in this country.

Shaid 10 August 2011 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10178860)

Someone made a point how the three different groups of people trying to protect their community and asked why one is being stereotypically lambasted. It is a genuine question. The answer is that said group has a small number of people who decide to chant edl (which let's face it are scum too) so therefore they managed to tarnish thier group and bring its credibility into disrepute.

JTaylor 10 August 2011 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178971)
Someone made a point how the three different groups of people trying to protect their community and asked why one is being stereotypically lambasted. It is a genuine question. The answer is that said group has a small number of people who decide to chant edl (which let's face it are scum too) so therefore they managed to tarnish thier group and bring its credibility into disrepute.

No, I'm sorry my friend, but the Turks were applauded for protecting their kebab shops as were the Sikhs for protecting their temples. These are ethnic, partisan groups and I applaud them for being pro-active and you need to extend that courtesy to the EDL who worked with the police to help chase down the filthy under-class; black, white and brown. I clearly understand your grievance with the EDL, but think and feel that right now we need to be distinguishing between right and wrong; fundamental morality. I find some of the opportunist politiking odious, if I'm honest.

Shaid 10 August 2011 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10179008)
No, I'm sorry my friend, but the Turks were applauded for protecting their kebab shops as were the Sikhs for protecting their temples. These are ethnic, partisan groups and I applaud them for being pro-active and you need to extend that courtesy to the EDL who worked with the police to help chase down the filthy under-class; black, white and brown. I clearly understand your grievance with the EDL, but think and feel that right now we need to be distinguishing between right and wrong; fundamental morality. I find some of the opportunist politiking odious, if I'm honest.

Please don't tarnish the Enfield vigilantes with the edl label. As you are aware there were only a small number of edl chanters. Granted said chanters assisted in chasing the rioting scum away so pat on the back to the edl for that. Although i do agree we should leave feelings towards edl, Muslims, etc, for another thread. Therefore please don't feel offended when someone does not feel sorry for how the edl did not get their recognition as the group consisted of a minority edl not majority. I feel bad that the majority did not get their recognition as no self respecting press wants to be the one that gives credit to the edl. Well done for cocking that one up edl :freak3:

Leslie 10 August 2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10178704)
Forgive me but I read the Daily Mail, and you know what, this is pretty good, ok its a hateful rag but even they occasionally must get something right.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...ed-youths.html

That is a good article J4CKO and I agree with that you say.

A good few years ago, parents were concerned that their children understood the need for good discipline and that they should not show them up by bad behaviour. For that reason they would ensure that the children were brought up properly to understand discipline and also that they should have consideration for others.

That seems in so many cases to have gone by the board, and we have so many selfish feckless parents who can't be bothered with their children and allow them to populate the streets and roam around with gangs all night. It is hardly surprising that we have the problems we are seeing now. Children have to be guided in the right direction from square one or they will most likely go the wrong way, as much as anything following bad parents' example of gross irresponsibility.

To concentrate the parents' minds in these present times, I think that one way to make them spend the time that they should do in educating their children is to make them pay for the cost of repair and compensation to those whom their children vandalise or injure etc. up to the age of majority.

Its only fair when you think about it.

Les

JTaylor 10 August 2011 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10179038)
Please don't tarnish the Enfield vigilantes with the edl label. As you are aware there were only a small number of edl chanters. Granted said chanters assisted in chasing the rioting scum away so pat on the back to the edl for that. Although i do agree we should leave feelings towards edl, Muslims, etc, for another thread. Therefore please don't feel offended when someone does not feel sorry for how the edl did not get their recognition as the group consisted of a minority edl not majority. I feel bad that the majority did not get their recognition as no self respecting press wants to be the one that gives credit to the edl. Well done for cocking that one up edl :freak3:

What's your source, Shaid? How can I be confident that what you're saying is correct? The EDL are well organised, have a large membership and regularly mobilise 1000+ lads. How do you know the chanters were the only ones who were EDL - is it possible that some of them simply chose not to chant?

Shaid 10 August 2011 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by JTaylor (Post 10179108)
What's your source, Shaid? How can I be confident that what you're saying is correct? The EDL are well organised, have a large membership and regularly mobilise 1000+ lads. How do you know the chanters were the only ones who were EDL - is it possible that some of them simply chose not to chant?

I heard it on 5 live as it was happening. That is unless 5 live have got some sort of anti-edl agenda.

JTaylor 10 August 2011 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10179184)
I heard it on 5 live as it was happening. That is unless 5 live have got some sort of anti-edl agenda.

Heard what? Link?

Shaid 10 August 2011 03:29 PM

It was on the radio last night http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/ see if you can find last night program. IIRC they said there were a small number of guys chanting edl. Although it could have been a large edl crowd however i extremely doubt it. They didn't cause any damage.

The Zohan 10 August 2011 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10179202)
It was on the radio last night http://www.bbc.co.uk/5live/ see if you can find last night program. IIRC they said there were a small number of guys chanting edl. Although it could have been a large edl crowd however i extremely doubt it. They didn't cause any damage.

Enfield Defence League?

JTaylor 10 August 2011 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10178827)
They did not mention the eld in a bad light at all. This is all they said; 'Groups of people also congregated in Eltham, southeast London, where it was clear the English Defence League were involved in organising the gathering.' Nothing wrong there...

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 10179202)

Well, your first quote provides a reasonably persuasive statement suggesting that the EDL were key organisers and yet you've then gone on to "extremely doubt" a large EDL crowd despite them having all of the apparatus to put it together. The reason: you understandably despise the EDL and don't wish for them to be credited with being on the right side of this situation and have used propaganda statements to that effect.

Anyway, you seem like a decent sort, and I'm playing devil's advocate, just thought I'd highlight that we all have our prejudices.

kgt 10 August 2011 04:13 PM

Youve got to wonder how long it will be before a group of "protectors/defenders" meet face to face with a group of "rioters/looters". Will the former be supported by the establishment for their efforts to defeat or prevent mayhem being inflicted by the latter ?

On a side note I was disgusted to log on to Sky News website this morning to see the words "Riots Gallery" on a button across the screen. Talk about sensationalization. And just as everyone was getting tired of the News International story this all kicks off, how fortunate for them.