ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   AV Question - Onkyo or Yamaha? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/897815-av-question-onkyo-or-yamaha.html)

EddScott 22 July 2011 12:24 PM

Had never considered a Pioneer offering. I do like Pioneer products.

Pioneer, Yamaha or Onkyo. Going to have to find somewhere in Swansea for a test I think.

Hanley 22 July 2011 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10148199)
Your comment had no relevance to the thread, just another chance for you to try and show off, so I suggest that it's you that needs to get a life. FFS!

I don't really see what your problem is with his post.

Wouldn't we all buy the best if we could afford it??
If he can afford Naim then good for him, I probably could but I doubt the wife would sign it off. Besides I'd rather spend my money on Apple products :luvlove: :luvlove:

Slight over reaction I think!!

:)

Littleted 22 July 2011 02:03 PM

Edd go listen to some setups m8 but the things id looks for are theses, but please make note that the speakers they show you may be awsome and not yours, they may have a REL/ some imba sub that makes it sound mega, im one for not really hearing bass but feeling it through my body.

As many HDMi 1.4a sockets possible for 3d and Ethernet passthru
Internet Radio maybe
Upscaling to 1080P if needed
Lots of Optical pref Fibre for the games consoles :)
Ethernet if it can stream i know some can now
maybe even USB, mine does usb and become my PCs sound card overkill but a cool feature.
7.1 or 7.2.
But as i said before the more speakers you add the more of an arse it can be 7.2 being even bigger arse, so the Pioneer MCACC is really and truely worth it in its self, and the newer pioneer have DNLA AIRPLAy from Apple and lots of other stuff.

Saying that when i was a lad Yamaha was the undisputed Champ in the Highend but that day was a while ago and ive stopped geeking over nakamechi and Meridian units long ago hehe.

Let me know what you buy m8 happy to advise on Speakers Wires Tvs Women Pile Cream

Jamz3k 22 July 2011 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by Hanley (Post 10148550)
I don't really see what your problem is with his post.

Wouldn't we all buy the best if we could afford it??
If he can afford Naim then good for him, I probably could but I doubt the wife would sign it off. Besides I'd rather spend my money on Apple products :luvlove: :luvlove:

Slight over reaction I think!!

:)

You have to admit it was a willy waving post.

To be honest, I didn't think Naim even made home cinema receivers.

Daryl 22 July 2011 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10148698)
You have to admit it was a willy waving post.

This.

Actually, I'm sure f1 is a great bloke :D, but his post definitely had no relevance to the OP's question. I get fed up with so many threads going off at a tangent because of daft posts, so decided to make my feelings known!

Anyway, back to the original subject, how about this? It's last year's model, but is a cut above the others you are looking at.

f1_fan 22 July 2011 09:05 PM

Actually I posted for two reasons.

One to just hint there is more to home cinema than just Onkyo, Denon and Yamaha as this thread was beginning to make it sound like there wasn't. At the end of the day Onkyo and the likes are effectively budget systems good though they maybe for their price point.

Secondly I knew as soon as I mentioned it Daryl would pipe up and sure enough I was right. For some reason Daryl has an issue with people who have high end audio and/or video systems.

I can post up some of his gems illustrating this from an earlier thread if you like including the post where he refused to believe I owned any Naim kit if I didn't post a picture of it. :cuckoo: Not sure why, but then not sure why many people behave the way they do on here.

As for willy waving my Naim kit is all pretty old now and there are people on here with way better systems than mine so why would I be willy waving!! Additionally, for instance, we don't all have a go at Trout because he is lucky enough to own a rather tasty Porsche so why get funny about people spending money on a few bits of relatively pricey electronics.

Oh and the surround processor is a Naim AV2 btw :thumb:

Jamz3k 22 July 2011 09:26 PM

Trout doesn't mention he has a Porsche GT3 RS when people are asking which hot hatch to buy as that would be pointless......;)

f1_fan 22 July 2011 09:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10149385)
Trout doesn't mention he has a Porsche GT3 RS when people are asking which hot hatch to buy as that would be pointless......;)

But then a) people already know about a Porsche GT3 b) You cant get a secondhand Porsche GT3 for the price of a hot hatch and c) Daryl doesn't have an issue with expensive car owners ;) :D

Jamz3k 22 July 2011 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10149392)
But then a) people already know about a Porsche GT3 b) You cant get a secondhand Porsche GT3 for the price of a hot hatch and c) Daryl doesn't have an issue with expensive car owners ;) :D

the more you explain, the more it just looks like willy waving!:lol1:

I'd willy wave if i had Naim kit too, its very nice.....i'll just have to stick with my vanilla Marantz Ki gear!:thumb:

Daryl 22 July 2011 11:21 PM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10149351)
Actually I posted for two reasons...

I knew as soon as I mentioned it Daryl would pipe up and sure enough I was right.

Blimey, you must think about me a lot! :luvlove:

f1_fan 22 July 2011 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10149627)
Blimey, you must think about me a lot! :luvlove:

But I don't think a lot of you ;) :D

f1_fan 22 July 2011 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10149499)
the more you explain, the more it just looks like willy waving!:lol1:

Well that is your problem quite frankly! :thumb:

Daryl 23 July 2011 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by f1_fan (Post 10149642)
But I don't think a lot of you ;) :D

Ooh you are awful... but I like you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVpS4...eature=related

wrx sti ppp 23 July 2011 09:04 AM

i have both an Onkyo in one room and a Yamaha in another...not the same models been mentioned here...tbh, i much prefer my Yamaha.