ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   £161m (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/896808-161m.html)

joz8968 15 July 2011 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10133730)
...I'd still go to work, but just not give a sh!t so I can p!ss off the management until they sack me. It's not like I'll need a reference again!

lol yeah.

See how far you can push the company with outrageous terms, etc. Would be hilarious and stuff. I'd defo do that too! :thumb:

stilover 15 July 2011 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by jonc (Post 10133730)
I'd still go to work, but just not give a sh!t so I can p!ss off the management until they sack me. It's not like I'll need a reference again!

TBH this is what I would do.

Take a few days off sick, while I sorted out everything with Camelot.

Go back to work, then hand in my resignation at the end of that month. Work my months notice, and state I'd been offered another job somewhere. This way it doesn't let it be know you've just won the lottery.

Moley 15 July 2011 05:24 PM

They look like Peter Griffin and Harold Bishop!!!

zs_phil 15 July 2011 05:49 PM

Heres what i would do ,go public saying id won pay someone £1 million to have their picture taken as the winners and pay in instalments if they ever told the truth about not winning they wouldnt get a penny more and screw them over financially cause i had the power to do so like in the movie changing lanes giving defaults and ccjs to them :D

Maybe thats not the real winners

stilover 15 July 2011 05:51 PM

The only advantage of going public from a mans point of view. Is just imagine all the good looking women who would suddenly want to have sex with you.

tony de wonderful 15 July 2011 05:58 PM

Very unwise going public.

LeeMac 15 July 2011 06:00 PM

Well, they wont starve.

And the money will be handy as well.

Not jealous

J4CKO 15 July 2011 06:03 PM

Good luck to them, seem a nice couple and as far as I am aware being fat is no barrier to winning.

stilover 15 July 2011 06:40 PM

The only thing that slightly annoys me with this couple that have won £161m. And in fact others that win Millions, is when they state they won't move. They won't buy a new car.

So what's the point in playing? The whole point is to change your life forever. have the nice house, car etc.

If all you want is a few hundred Thousand to be comfortable, play the scratchcards.

davyboy 15 July 2011 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by LeeMac (Post 10137647)
Well, they wont starve

I don't think there is much danger of that!

joz8968 15 July 2011 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 10137715)
The only thing that slightly annoys me with this couple that have won £161m. And in fact others that win Millions, is when they state they won't move. They won't buy a new car.

So what's the point in playing? The whole point is to change your life forever. have the nice house, car etc.

If all you want is a few hundred Thousand to be comfortable, play the scratchcards.

But that's the beauty - it's an indiscriminate lottery. Anyone can play; anyone can win; no 'agenda' required to enter/be able to win it.

I sure hope you're not hinting that others, with more 'grander' plans, are somehow more worthy for the win? Bit prejudicial that, don't you think? :wonder: Your comments smack a bit of slight sour grapes. :(

[Classic illustration: that (Michael?) Carroll bloke anyone...]

CREWJ 15 July 2011 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 10137507)
+1 !!! An orange LM, no less. :luvlove: :cool:

:freak3: :Suspiciou :(

-1 !!!

:nono:

Some of us really enjoy our jobs :luxhello:

joz8968 15 July 2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by CREWJ (Post 10137748)
Some of us really enjoy our jobs :luxhello:

*a bit jealous* :razz:

I don't actually HATE my job us such. Has a easy, relaxed regime. So long as work is done on time, then no hassle from anyone - no over zealous bosses, etc. Pays well enough, but... sometimes... the work is very (mentally/logistically) hard. A real ballache, if you will. I don't do work pressure. ;)

jameswrx 15 July 2011 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 10137715)

Does my nut in too. Why play it if you aren't going to enjoy it :sleep:

Just saw them on the news, the bloke said something about maybe changing the car, maybe not. At least the woman piped up and said "well, I'll be changing the car" to which he raised his eyebrows.

And one of the first things they're going to buy? Another ticket! :cuckoo:

Mind you, by the look of them I'm sure they'll need most of it to keep up their current lifestyle. Deep fried mars bars can't be cheap!

Bitter, moi?

I'd just love to see someone do one of these press conferences for once and say something along the lines of...

"I've been dreaming of this day since I 1st started playing x years ago. Over many years of crying into my overdraft I've dreamt up my perfect house with indoor pool, cinema, multi car garage complete with the finest super cars. I'll be learning to fly helicopters and I'll have a holiday home in ibiza. I'll be paying off my families mortgages and getting the best medical care for my arthritic father. Then in the 2nd week I'll get thinking what else to do :D

Nope, never happens. Usual bollox..

"we don't need a new house, we're happy where we are. We might change the car (kia sedona) and we'll have a nice holiday (2 weeks in tenerife spent in the english bars and breakfast restaurants). We're going to stay in our jobs on minimum wage (just to make everyone at work hate us even more) and we're going to spend most of it buying more lottery tickets and scratch cards in the hope we can win even more money to do nothing with.

stilover 15 July 2011 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 10137740)
But that's the beauty - it's an indiscriminate lottery. Anyone can play; anyone can win; no 'agenda' required to enter/be able to win it.

I sure hope you're not hinting that others, with more 'grander' plans, are somehow more worthy for the win? Bit prejudicial that, don't you think? :wonder: Your comments smack a bit of slight sour grapes. :(

[Classic illustration: that (Michael?) Carroll bloke anyone...]

No sour grapes at all. Just why play to win Millions if you don't do anything with it once you do win it?

Good luck to them. Just hope "going public" doesn't see them having to go into hiding due to criminal gangs wanting a piece.

Pink_Floyd 15 July 2011 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX (Post 10137584)
They look like Peter Griffin and Harold Bishop!!!

PLEASE!!!

Peter Griffin and Harold Bishop are much better looking :D

joz8968 15 July 2011 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by stilover (Post 10137808)
No sour grapes at all. Just why play to win Millions if you don't do anything with it once you do win it?

Good luck to them. Just hope "going public" doesn't see them having to go into hiding due to criminal gangs wanting a piece.

Despite my post, I do actually agree with you though. ;)

It is infuriating. The 'waste'! :mad: If they don't 'want' it, then I'll have it thank you very much! :(

rabbos 15 July 2011 07:47 PM

Jesus, they're already morbidly obese, and now they can afford to build a his n hers cream cake factory.

DYK 15 July 2011 07:59 PM

It may not have sunk in yet,its a lot of money and what one says and one does is 2 different things.I wouldn't think of them as being idiots for not splashing out on a fancy house or cars.

Each to their own...

legb4rsk 15 July 2011 08:06 PM

Well you're all wrong! It was me that won it originally but they said,

'Sorry we don't have £161 million to give you all in one go.
Would it be ok if we paid you £16 million a year for 16 years?'

I said,
'If your going to f*ck me about I'll have me £2 back!!!' :)

Hanley 15 July 2011 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 10137867)

I said,

So you won 256 million :D :D

joz8968 15 July 2011 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by legb4rsk (Post 10137867)

I said,

Funny. :lol1:

But...

...FAIL!

joz8968 15 July 2011 08:29 PM

They can live off the interest of the interest!

Spawny gets!

legb4rsk 15 July 2011 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 10137894)
Funny. :lol1:

But...

...FAIL!

Maths was never my strong suit.....would I have been better off taking their offer?:cry:

joz8968 15 July 2011 08:47 PM

Hanley's already pointed out the sum - £256M!!!

So an extra 95M!!! Or 59% more!

legb4rsk 15 July 2011 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by joz8968 (Post 10137939)
Hanley's already pointed out the sum - £256M!!!

So an extra 95M!!! Or 59% more!

That's that then.Good job I got me 2 quid back.:luxhello:

scoobynutta555 15 July 2011 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by DYK (Post 10137855)
It may not have sunk in yet,its a lot of money and what one says and one does is 2 different things.I wouldn't think of them as being idiots for not splashing out on a fancy house or cars.

Each to their own...

I'd tag them as idiots. Going to buy a ticket next week and 'may' change the car FFS. Going public itself is enough of a reason to be an idiot.:nono:

Long time no see BTW ;)

SiPie 16 July 2011 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555 (Post 10138046)
I'd tag them as idiots. Going public itself is enough of a reason to be an idiot.:nono:

So so true, but guess Camelot must offer some incentive (as if you'd need it!) to go public and in their shocked euphoric state, the winners agree to it....

TonyBurns 16 July 2011 02:06 AM

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for them, totally life changing, but what idiots for going public, they are just asking for trouble with the Chav scum and their begging letters :mad:

Tony

jods 16 July 2011 02:20 AM

There is a theory out there that the people in the photo are paid decoys - Name and location carefully chosen to be sure that no-one meets those criteria.

That's what I'd do.

So - Look for slim, healthy people in Cornwall who suddenly spunk up a shedload of cash on cars / houses etc

:)