ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   New 2011 320R ordered today (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/893294-new-2011-320r-ordered-today.html)

lordharding 18 June 2011 07:23 AM

It will look nice in the red

gussy 18 June 2011 08:44 AM

Tony havent been on for a while and just seen the thread good luck with your new purchase but that statement ......this car wouln't be going on track I think is a bit premature knowing you.......I will give it 6 months before you get the itch :)

jameswrx 18 June 2011 09:19 AM

Ay concerns about going to the 2.5 after having a jdm 2.0? I know you'll have warranty but I think I'd have bought another jdm, that way when you decide to track it you have to worry.

shurm 18 June 2011 10:52 AM

Nice car lucky boy :thumb:

Rheid 18 June 2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by juggers (Post 10095706)
Why would they do that when the JDM cars which they get come with quick racks?

The main reason (and contrary to popular belief) is that you cannot disable the VDC. The 3 modes you can select merely alter the point at which the VDC activates so even in it's least intrusive mode it is still active. Not too much of an issue for a road car unless in really extreme circumstances but for a rally car on gravel it's downright dangerous!

That's the basics of it but as I don't want to thread jack, for any interested parties I will shortly be updating my journel on the hatch forum with further info and where I've got to in the search for a fix.

Cheers, Neil.

STI Glenn 18 June 2011 11:35 AM

Nice one Tony ,get a big spoiler looks lush on the red car

wrx287 18 June 2011 01:11 PM

Very nice Tony:thumb: I give it 6 months till it ends up on track:D

T5NYW 18 June 2011 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by jaygsi (Post 10095700)
Love saloons. How come red and white are free all over colours are £425 ouch

others are metallic

Originally Posted by rob84 (Post 10095554)
Nice choice of car, But the quick rack it's not as simple as swapping it as it plays havoc with the on board electronics. AFAIK Prodrive are the only ones to sort this with some pectel units

I'd have thought they would only need to re-calibrate the steering racks encoder in the ECU??

edited because just read Neil Rhieds Post :cool:

Tony

sim618 18 June 2011 01:34 PM

like it! what are the performance figures on those babys?

M444GY 18 June 2011 01:35 PM

:thumb: nice choice tony , i do like these

T5NYW 18 June 2011 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by gussy (Post 10095782)
but that statement ......this car wouln't be going on track I think is a bit premature knowing you.......I will give it 6 months before you get the itch :)

Nope this car may not even have the T5NYW plate on it ;) that maybe fitted later to something I can play with :cool:

Originally Posted by jameswrx (Post 10095818)
Ay concerns about going to the 2.5 after having a jdm 2.0? I know you'll have warranty but I think I'd have bought another jdm, that way when you decide to track it you have to worry.

James
yes I'm going to miss my Type 20 the 2.0ltr is nearly is nearly indestructable, it's in the for sale section ;)
http://www.sidtech.co.uk/iu/T5NYW2606935796.JPG

the hatch 2.5ltr has had it's problems most believe a contributing factor being poor programming with the Brand new wide band ECUs with Vari quad cam timming, FBW trottle and 3 programs.

Mike wood has programed the new 320R's ECU so well happy on that front and it probalby never be tracked so wont be ever be too stressed.

my main worry will be the £440 tax a year :brickwallnow I'm unemployed :p

Originally Posted by S204 Glenn (Post 10095989)
Nice one Tony ,get a big spoiler looks lush on the red car

Glen Not going to say never but i do like it without :thumb:

Tony

Suberman 19 June 2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW (Post 10095204)

Yes I will just a quick rack and steering mod needed

Tony

Congrats on your purchse Tony! :thumb: But as Rob84 said, the quick rack won't work with the factory electronics as i've found out the hard way by swapping out the factory rack for a JDM 13:1 when the car was 6 months old and messing up with roll connector and VDC. The problem was well like what Rob84 said. :o

Suberman 19 June 2011 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW (Post 10095204)

Yes I will just a quick rack and steering mod needed

Tony

Congrats on your purchse Tony! :thumb: But as Rob84 said, the quick rack won't work with the factory electronics as i've found out the hard way by swapping out the factory rack for a JDM 13:1 when the car was 6 months old and messing up with roll connector and VDC. The problem was well like what Rob84 said. :o

matth76 19 June 2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by T5NYW (Post 10096123)
the hatch 2.5ltr has had it's problems most believe a contributing factor being poor programming with the Brand new wide band ECUs with Vari quad cam timming, FBW trottle and 3 programs.

Mike wood has programed the new 320R's ECU so well happy on that front and it probalby never be tracked so wont be ever be too stressed.

my main worry will be the £440 tax a year :brickwallnow I'm unemployed :p

Very nice. I saw one in a showroom when I bought my hawkeye a few months back. Looks amazing in photos but even nicer in the flesh :)

I don't know much about them other than standard they come with 300bhp (thats what the dealer said), so assume your 320R is a special edition with 320 bhp?

Are you sure the tax is 440 and not higher? My hawkeye is £254 for six months. Never asked what the annual cost was but assumed it to be about £470-500, as I know they have yet again increased it. It is rediculous especially as they do nothing to fix potholes and the road surface, or worse yet, leave that loose gravel stuff and use our cars to flatten it all down instead of using proper tarmac and steam rollers like they used to, which lasts.

I bet the wait is going to kill you lol. Any modifications planned other than the suspension? Exhaust?

T5NYW 20 June 2011 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by matth76 (Post 10097846)
Very nice. I saw one in a showroom when I bought my hawkeye a few months back. Looks amazing in photos but even nicer in the flesh :)

I don't know much about them other than standard they come with 300bhp (thats what the dealer said), so assume your 320R is a special edition with 320 bhp?

Are you sure the tax is 440 and not higher? My hawkeye is £254 for six months. Never asked what the annual cost was but assumed it to be about £470-500,
I bet the wait is going to kill you lol. Any modifications planned other than the suspension? Exhaust?

Yes modded after 23 mile. LOL Anew suspension

Littleted 20 June 2011 02:49 PM

Gratz on the purchase m8, im 8k in on mine and its great

Littleted 20 June 2011 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by matth76 (Post 10097846)

Are you sure the tax is 440 and not higher? My hawkeye is £254 for six months. Never asked what the annual cost was but assumed it to be about £470-500, as I know they have yet again increased it. It is rediculous especially as they do nothing to fix potholes and the road surface, or worse yet, leave that loose gravel stuff and use our cars to flatten it all down instead of using proper tarmac and steam rollers like they used to, which lasts.

the 320R is a cosworth remap, and the marketing drive subaru do with the STI, i missed this opp :( im fighting it though

The stage 2 coming soon i unknown but i hazard a guess at 340 350

BIG FUD 20 June 2011 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Don Clark (Post 10095495)
The STi lip spoiler is AFAIK still an import item and costs a fortune. However with the new Pro-R setup Subaru UK are supposed to be getting more involved with STi so more items may start to come in via the dealers.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/donald.clark/sideview1.JPG

A nice choice of car Tony.

The low level spoiler seems to finish off the boot nicely.........

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/donald.clark/H&Sfitted.JPG

That just looks pure nasty i like it alot ...

Red aint bad either tony..

Terminator X 20 June 2011 11:44 PM

You mad Tony? Engines are foobared aren't they :confused:

TX.

T5NYW 21 June 2011 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by BIG FUD (Post 10099009)
That just looks pure nasty i like it alot ...

Red aint bad either tony..

Black does look mean :thumb::thumb:

Originally Posted by Terminator X (Post 10099899)
You mad Tony? Engines are foobared aren't they :confused:

TX.

it is the 320R ;) so map much better IMHO and Tme will tell as this car will only be my shopping and holiday Car ;)

It will be like my other old UK cars, only Dealer fitted parts that will retain the 3 year Warranty :D

I will really miss the quick rack and 8Krpm though

Tony

Antony@indigo-gt 21 June 2011 05:32 PM

I had a look at one of these at Knockhill, really liked it. Looked very good :)

Littleted 21 June 2011 06:11 PM

http://subaru.co.uk/news/subaru-smas...andard-wrx-sti

prob been pasted before but looking good

does anyone have a graph thingy of the 300 vs the 320R or the stats increase, i know the 0-62 drops to 4.8 but what about torque n LB/FT

urban 22 June 2011 08:49 AM

That car Higgins was driving is not a 320R spec though.
It was remapped by Alan Jeffery, so probably around 350bhp with similar torque

Littleted 22 June 2011 09:14 AM

ooo Naughty it says diff on that post

Id ask Alan to comment but i bet he was sworn to secracy

But if not Alan, did it feel a lot diff once youd tinkered ?

urban 22 June 2011 10:06 AM

I know -Subaru are trying to make out that its a bog standard 305ps car.
But in reality, its remapped to run race fuel, full rally spec exhaust, rally suspension etc
And I'd say Alan was made to sign an NDA
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...tempt-car.html

Ryan@Indigo-GT 22 June 2011 10:42 AM

These are great looking cars, it looks good in the red!

Littleted 22 June 2011 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10101707)
I know -Subaru are trying to make out that its a bog standard 305ps car.
But in reality, its remapped to run race fuel, full rally spec exhaust, rally suspension etc
And I'd say Alan was made to sign an NDA
https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...tempt-car.html

I agree

Would Alans cousins Auties Dog like to comment ?

dunx 22 June 2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10101623)
That car Higgins was driving is not a 320R spec though.
It was remapped by Alan Jeffery, so probably around 350bhp with similar torque

ENGINEMAPPER :brickwall

dunx

urban 22 June 2011 01:16 PM

OK - Fair enough

Regardless though, it was remapped

T5NYW 22 June 2011 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ryan@Indigo-GT (Post 10101781)
These are great looking cars, it looks good in the red!

Thanks. I just wanted to be different as most others have home to plasma blue. I've had four blue scoobs ;)