ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   10k What's That Get Me ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/892558-10k-whats-that-get-me.html)

mickp 12 June 2011 06:23 PM

Good looking car.

Hope you get sorted Martin.

stuart69 12 June 2011 06:25 PM

i dont post on lads Shurm;)

iam in the chorley area:thumb:

The price would have to be right for me to even consider:)

like i said on the spec c thread,would be no easy task finding another!

DJ_Jon 12 June 2011 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by shurm (Post 10086404)
Suspected head gaskets mate I was that gutted I didn't even look at it once I got tipped off.

Told me it was perfect and advertised it as so :mad:

Really??? I was fine when I sold it. Dang! It's a beautiful car, I'n actually gutted that it's got issues even though I don't own it anymore.

shurm 12 June 2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by mickp (Post 10087086)
Good looking car.

Hope you get sorted Martin.

Cheers Mick, its so frustrating after being so close to having another :brickwall

Got fed up waiting for you whilst saving up :lol1:

The Pink Ninja 12 June 2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by shurm (Post 10086810)
Good price that I'm looking for a white one (or waiting lol) or maybe just a JDM STI.

Seen the pics on Lads looks really well.

If you see anything PM me.

Lol, I was looking for a white JDM too but only found one and it was a bit beyond what i wanted to spend, but then i saw this, turned out to be everything i was looking for with it being a JDM and a whole lot more besides as the thought of a Spec-C hadn`t even crossed my mind, As far as i can work out theres only been 5 of them in red in the UK and after what happened with my last motor it all turned out alright in the end.:D

Will keep my eyes out for you mate:thumb:

mickp 12 June 2011 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by shurm (Post 10087157)
Cheers Mick, its so frustrating after being so close to having another :brickwall

Got fed up waiting for you whilst saving up :lol1:

Give me a shout following your next one :lol1: I am rewarding my car after the Flag Market trophies by keeping it a few more months ;)

Defo something new for me at the start of 2012 :thumb:

scotty_b 12 June 2011 08:50 PM

Good luck with the hunt!! Sure there will be a couple out there to tempt your money from your pocket!!

Fleetwood 15 June 2011 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by shurm (Post 10087016)
Thats why I said I was after a late UK blob or JDM car. Wasn't really expecting a Hawkeye and I've owned a Forester STI before now that needed head gaskets so perhaps I'm a little suspicious :Suspiciou of the 2.5 engine.

Can spend more for the right car though, just trying to stick to a budget.

Hi Shurm, I still have my FSTI.
I remember that it took a fair bit diagnostics to discover the head gasket problem in your forester. Would be useful to know what tipped you off in the end?

Al

rickya 15 June 2011 02:14 PM

Ver9 JDM Sti is within your budget :)

shurm 15 June 2011 03:57 PM

Do you know where there is one then ? :thumb:

CREWJ 15 June 2011 04:02 PM

I've been looking for a similar deal but would really like a hawk. It's hard to find a good one without spending like £15k.

shurm 15 June 2011 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Fleetwood (Post 10091221)
Hi Shurm, I still have my FSTI.
I remember that it took a fair bit diagnostics to discover the head gasket problem in your forester. Would be useful to know what tipped you off in the end?

Al

Hi mate hope your still enjoying it. Easiest way is to go to a garage and pass a gas analyser over the expansion tank to see if it picks up any hydrocarbons (after reading up on here) I work at a Peugeot Dealer and asked them to do this all the lads were like :wonder: :lol1:

I really didn't want it to be that so did all the usual first thermostat, radiator etc so it got pretty costly and then it still needed the heads doing. Sold it shortly after in hindsight should have kept it since it was sorted and mint :cry:.

It was fine to drive short journeys ie to work everyday however when I went anywhere decent NBO, Chatsworth etc it overheated and I had to drive with the blowers on full heat to get the temp down my face was always this colour :o :lol1:.

Anyway thats why I'm not having a 2.5 I'm sure there's plenty of good ones I just know I wont get one :lol1:

donmojo 15 June 2011 04:42 PM

What do you think about this lads?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...51lg?logcode=p

Start with a good base and add this with the extra money

http://www.powerstation.org.uk/subaru_tuning.asp

shurm 15 June 2011 05:19 PM

Cheers good links them :thumb:

daz1968 15 June 2011 08:15 PM

that one on autotrader has an sti 8 steering wheel for some reason and I don't like the front bumper splitter, but both can be put right, although might be worth asking why the steering wheel was changed as unusual unless the airbag has been deployed.

bigsinky 15 June 2011 08:31 PM

or you could have a look at this for £8K. miles more fun an probably just as economical. :D

shurm 16 June 2011 01:51 AM

Good fun but just doesn't sound the same does it ? Something about a Subaru they seem to have character and not just another bland car.

donmojo 16 June 2011 08:33 AM

I actually like the bumper and splitter that's what attracted me the steering wheel I can pick up for about £130 with airbag really simple. The JDM blobeyes are the best shape in my opinion:king:. If the guy is willing to drop the price a little bit can you lend me the money:norty:

rickya 16 June 2011 02:49 PM

This one is interesting, though a TD06-20G would be laggy on a 2 litre & does defeat the purpose of a JDM. I wouldn't convert a twin scroll to single scroll! Also why hasn't it been mapped??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2930824.htm

CREWJ 16 June 2011 02:56 PM

I do like that in matt black

shurm 16 June 2011 03:03 PM

CAT D & 7 Previous Owners :eek:

donmojo 16 June 2011 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by rickya (Post 10093087)
This one is interesting, though a TD06-20G would be laggy on a 2 litre & does defeat the purpose of a JDM. I wouldn't convert a twin scroll to single scroll! Also why hasn't it been mapped??

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2930824.htm

I Smell bullsh** too many owner and doesn't sound right.

rickya 16 June 2011 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by shurm (Post 10093108)
CAT D & 7 Previous Owners :eek:

:brickwall I hate shi&ters like that, should have left it as a CatD :(

stevie1982 17 June 2011 07:49 AM

if you are considering a blob then i would take a look at this one from a member on here

https://www.scoobynet.com/subaru-444...-sti-05-a.html

leaves you change too, leave it in the back or ad a grand or so to the remaining budget and get the block forged and turn up the boost !!!! at a later date slap on a larger turbo and a few little tweaks and i am sure you would end up with a 500+ beast ;-)

good luck

shurm 17 June 2011 03:10 PM

That looked ok, says sold though :)

scotty_b 17 June 2011 05:27 PM

That one above looked lovely!! If I never had one so would have looked at that. Although fingers crossed from this weekend mine is gone too as you put the thought of another car in my mind when you mes!! ha ha. Sad day as lots of people seem to be leaving the scooby scene BUT thankfully just as many are joining the folds!!

Keep looking nice, honest motors out there!!

mikescooby 17 June 2011 06:26 PM

i know where there is a blob sti black for sale running 400bhp and been well looked after with loads of money spent on it, wish i could have it though

mikescooby 17 June 2011 06:33 PM

[IMG]http://dc368.4shared.com/img/6A6Lx3C...2636/jason.jpg[/IMG]

here you go, not sure wether he is on here, worth a look and a nice spec list and spent loads last year

weazel litchfield type 17 June 2011 08:27 PM

If you are interested im selling my version 8 litchfield type 25 mk1, 45,000 miles on the clock with 1 previous owner, running 440 bhp, i have over 8.5k of tuning reciepts from scooby clinic over the last year and half, your more than welcome to phone them up and ask them about the car, they no it well, i always take the 8 hour round trip to let them work on my car as they no scoobs inside out and would only trust them, if your interested, email me on anthonyworkman153@hotmail.com i can send you photos, i will send you my number after email so we can talk on phone, im looking for 12k tho

shurm 18 June 2011 07:57 AM

Sounds brilliant but I don't really want a too modified car a Type 25 alone would be enough. I've had 3 STIs before I know they can be a money pit :lol1: so I'm trying to stay sensible 'ish' with my budget.

Ideally I'm after as late as possible Blobeye 55/06 but registered before end of March (23rd) then lower tax :thumb:

More standard the better with under 40k if possible.

Would rather have a mint standard car than a modded one needing bodywork etc, condition is important.

JDM STI/Spec C I would also like and I know I might have to go older to get one.

Cheers for the ideas, I've even paid up in anticipation of being on here a while :thumb: