ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Slut Walk (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/892307-slut-walk.html)

hodgy0_2 10 June 2011 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10084515)
The only person responsible for any form of abuse is the the abusor.

is all that needs saying on the subject

andythejock01wrx 11 June 2011 12:06 AM

+2

Lee247 11 June 2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Adrian F (Post 10084362)

maybe people should have a higher opinon of men in general

The media seems to get its rocks off on this subject, and always in favour of the wimmins. It's pathetic.
Most men will admire a sexy dressed wimmins but most would only admire. Nothing more. :thumb:

Bubba po 11 June 2011 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lee247 (Post 10084662)
The media seems to get its rocks off on this subject, and always in favour of the wimmins. It's pathetic.
Most men will admire a sexy dressed wimmins but most would only admire. Nothing more. :thumb:

Time for a "Diet Coke" break. :)

WIll Appeal Account 11 June 2011 12:36 AM

***Edited by webteam***

Very clever.

Using secondary accounts to circumvent bans will only mean the initial ban will get extended instead.

Myles 11 June 2011 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10084045)
So blame the victim?

Your opinion is frankly disgusting.

Tony, you said in another thread that soldiers should not be regarded as victims, as they were not pressganged into what they do. Much the same as women that dress and act as sluts should not be regarded as victims because they are not pressganged into their attire and actions? I'm just spitballing here, which way do you want to go on it?

Myles 11 June 2011 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by urban (Post 10083772)
I would have thought that if you're a straight guy, then you wouldn't be hanging around a batty boys club anyway :wonder:

Unless of course, you like a bit of "dicky up the chuffer" :D

Ha ha, perhaps an unfortunate choice of example by me, but hopefully I can still convince you I am not batting for the other side? I suppose I should have said if I dont want the sh1t kicked out of me I wouldn't wear a Celtic shirt in the middle of Ibrox.

tony de wonderful 11 June 2011 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10084735)
Tony, you said in another thread that soldiers should not be regarded as victims, as they were not pressganged into what they do. Much the same as women that dress and act as sluts should not be regarded as victims because they are not pressganged into their attire and actions? I'm just spitballing here, which way do you want to go on it?

You are still saying that a women dressing in a certain way is provoking rape.

bigsinky 11 June 2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10084019)
Sluts get bucked a lot, slut feels like a slut for being a slut, slut cries rape because she realises she's got the reputation of being a slut and wants some pitty. Seen it happen quite a few times and I'm only a wee pup!

"wee" being the operative word here. And i am not talking about how tall you are ;)

Jamz3k 11 June 2011 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 10084828)
"wee" being the operative word here. And i am not talking about how tall you are ;)

That's why I prefer midgets and other circus occupiers!

Leslie 11 June 2011 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10083941)
I agree to a certain extent, however I know that there are just as many men out there who are just as 'influenced' by women wearing rubber gloves or other weird fetishes.

People cannot walk out of the door every day thinking they might get attacked for one reason or another. It would reduce people to nervous wrecks.

Yes well I can't speak for men with peculiar fetishes and uncontrollable urges who are prepared to rape some woman.

Of course you are right that you should be able to wear what you want without having to fear any kind of an attack.

The fact is, there are people like that about, we seem to read most days about women being shamefully attacked, its a fact of life, like all the other bad actions that keep on happening. If a woman dresses in a provocative manner then you have to assume that she is more likely to get attacked if seen by one of the loonies!

Its a bit like looking before you cross the road in a way. not that many pedestrians do that any more now!

Les

Myles 11 June 2011 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10084815)
You are still saying that a women dressing in a certain way is provoking rape.

Nice effort Tony. No, I am suggesting you cant have it both ways. I'm not for one minute suggesting that.

J4CKO 11 June 2011 11:28 AM

I really dont want women to dress in old baggy sacks, apparently it is good for us to see the female form and we are preprogrammed to look, there are ways to do it, i.e. being subtle and look away if you are going to get caught and record as much footage as you possibly can !

I find that I can look at the female form and put the sexual aspect to one side for a minute and just appreciate the aesthetics of it all.

bigsinky 11 June 2011 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10085056)
apparently it is good for us to see the female form and we are preprogrammed to look

hey if they are proud enough to wear skimpy clothes, i'm proud enough to look.

The Trooper 1815 11 June 2011 06:02 PM

This started two months ago in Canada.

http://canada.videosift.com/video/Ca...irst-Slut-Walk

my06 ppp silver 11 June 2011 06:07 PM

judge pickles many years ago was reported to have stated in his summing up in a rape trial to the woman that "in my opinion, woman with skirt up runs faster than man with trousers down"!

Myles 13 June 2011 03:56 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13739876

Suresh 13 June 2011 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 10084492)
So what is your point then exactly?

Are women who dress provocatively - and are raped - in some way to blame?

Despite your tendency to bash anyone who disagrees with your trolling / pathetic PC doctrine, I'll stick my neck out and say yes. If you were in prison and spent half your time bending over in the shower then I suggest you'd be part-responsible for the sausage-hiding that would result. There are sick people in society and in prisons and completely ignoring this is fact is well, a bit thick.

Not that difficult really was it?

Lee247 13 June 2011 08:47 AM

"sausage hiding" :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

JTaylor 13 June 2011 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10087816)

The third one on the right would get it....phwoar!! :o

kingofturds 13 June 2011 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10087816)

They want to reclaim the word slur ? well from my experienc itbis only women that use that word anyway . and then it is usually to put down another woman.

Leslie 14 June 2011 12:42 PM

A woman dressed in smart clothes which suit her figure will look far more attractive than one dressed to show us all she has got.

Les

New_scooby_04 14 June 2011 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983 (Post 10084515)
The only person responsible for any form of abuse is the the abusor.

Men, women and children don't walk about evaluating every aspect in their lives becuase the is a mugger, rapist or peadophile lurking around every corner.

These people live among us, but it's not the individuals fault that they are victims of some evil peice of work.

If it were as simple as 'dress down and you won't get raped' the world would be a much better place on many levels.
BUT, like it's been said, rape and sexual abuse doesn't often have anything to do with sexual gratification.

All that needs saying on the subject really!! :thumb:

To lighten the mood slightly. Warning very bad language and robust humour!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jaiMzLhliA

Devildog 14 June 2011 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jamz3k (Post 10084019)
Sluts get bucked a lot, slut feels like a slut for being a slut, slut cries rape because she realises she's got the reputation of being a slut and wants some pitty. Seen it happen quite a few times and I'm only a wee pup!

Equally wouldn't happen if men were not gerenrically so stupid though.

For every woman that wrongly cries "rape" theres 100 men who have got themselves into a dangerous situation becasue they've been thinking only with their cocks.

Its not rocket science, but then maybe it is to a pup ;)

Devildog 14 June 2011 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10084735)

Are you seriously suggesting you can compare someone who signs up to take part in war with someone who dresses up for a night out?

***shakes head in disbelief****

Devildog 14 June 2011 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Myles (Post 10085049)
Nice effort Tony. No, I am suggesting you cant have it both ways. I'm not for one minute suggesting that.

He's not having it both ways. There is no comparison

(Slightly shocked that I am actually supporting TDW on something)

Myles 14 June 2011 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 10090030)
He's not having it both ways. There is no comparison

(Slightly shocked that I am actually supporting TDW on something)

Are you totally informed on what I was commenting about? I was saying that he cannot deny the soldiers dying is a tragedy, then in the next breath (maybe not the next breath) he shows he is unsure about the term tragedy when he uses the word to describe female victims of abuse/untoward attention. They are both victims, just trying to educate him.