ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Rat in my kitchen!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/891409-rat-in-my-kitchen.html)

ad uk 04 June 2011 01:36 PM

lol

Chip 04 June 2011 02:03 PM

If you have seen one then there will almost certainly be more. Get your local council up and they will set trap to either capture or kill the rat humanely. If using poison the rats will take it back to the nest therefore killing off the fasmily of them. Good luck.

Chip

Jamie 04 June 2011 02:12 PM

You could trap it use it as a pet to annoy your new cat and dog pets then kill it and do a stir fry on new frying pan?You might need to buy a cage for the rat plus food and a trap could be a bit pricey let us know how it pans out

ScoobyDoo555 04 June 2011 02:20 PM

https://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/_...-with-fire.jpg

Jamie 04 June 2011 02:41 PM

It is a rat not frigging japan

mattstant 04 June 2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by 1000rwhp (Post 10073546)
A Larger Cat Would Actually , My Smallish Tabby Cat Brings Home Pigeons :hjtwofing:)

Ali.

We used to have a ginger tom who terrorised literally the whole neighbour hood he once brought home a fully grown rabitt

Jamie 04 June 2011 03:43 PM

How did you know said rabbit was fully grown ? Did it have a sell date on it ?

hodgy0_2 04 June 2011 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 10073602)
Disagree, As soon as a cat goes out side it ceases to be the little furry thing you call a pet and turns into a natural killer, I think 'most' cats would be more than capable of bringing down a fully grown rat.

I know what you mean, but a large rat would hold its own against a cat of any size

I have seen a large cat approach a rat in london and it did not catch it and in fact slunk away after a stand off

london rats are huge (I have seen them up close)-- fed on a diet of fast food fat that is 3 feet thick in londons sewers

but we prob need Harry Hill to sort it once and for all

andythejock01wrx 04 June 2011 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 10073846)

london rats are huge (I have seen them up close)-- fed on a diet of fast food fat that is 3 feet thick in londons sewers

Are you sure that isn't a reference to some of its human occupants? :lol1:

David Lock 04 June 2011 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by boxst (Post 10073094)
I thought that modern mouse/rat poison actually dehydrated them and hence stopping the rotting smell?

Well I'm no expert but all I can report is buying a carton of Rat Poison from local country store and putting that down in the shed as they had nicked my cheese on the trap without triggering it :wonder:

Poison was like blue cat litter - they even nibbled through the plastic lid to get at it!

And, as said, the smell was nauseating after a couple of days. Didn't even like picking it up and I'm not that squeamish.

dl

dpb 04 June 2011 06:39 PM

Id say contaqct your local coucil if you cant imagine how it got there and its not a one off , its not such a common accurence nowadays surely !

hodgy0_2 04 June 2011 06:59 PM

I set some traps once, when we had them under our house, I would check them every morning before I went to work, and did catch a few

One morning I saw one trap had killed a massive rat (the size of a small cat) – I did not have the stomach to dispatch it to the bin then and there, so left it until after work

Anyway when I got home, I lifted the floorboards ready to retrieve the trap and dead rat, only to be confronted with revolting sight

The rat had been eaten – whole, and all that was left was the head in the jaws of the trap

Fvck knows how big the rat that ate it was

joz8968 04 June 2011 07:22 PM

Get your wife to say, "Thaaat's not a raaat... This is a rat!" (whilst she points down below).

:lol:

andythejock01wrx 04 June 2011 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 10074084)
I set some traps once, when we had them under our house, I would check them every morning before I went to work, and did catch a few

One morning I saw one trap had killed a massive rat (the size of a small cat) – I did not have the stomach to dispatch it to the bin then and there, so left it until after work

Anyway when I got home, I lifted the floorboards ready to retrieve the trap and dead rat, only to be confronted with revolting sight

The rat had been eaten – whole, and all that was left was the head in the jaws of the trap

Fvck knows how big the rat that ate it was

Hannibal "Roland Rat" Lecter! :lol1:

joz8968 04 June 2011 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by what would scooby do (Post 10073056)
20 seconds before someone posts "what am a gonna do" ?

Yup! If I hadn't arrived at this thread late, I certainly would have done. :rolleyes: :cuckoo:

hodgy0_2 04 June 2011 07:38 PM

shame - few posts earlier and ub 40th poster

The Zohan 04 June 2011 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 10073054)
Saw a frickin rat running across my kitchen today!!:eek:

And before you say anything our house is very clean, especially the kitchen. Bins are all emptied on time and no food is left around. The only thing I can think of is that underneath the central island (and perhaps fridge freezer) is untiled floor, and the floor in the kitchen is a sub floor ie with loads of space underneath.

Anyway, what does one do about a rat these days? Mouse trap or poison etc?

Raw meat containing a few pink warfarin tablets will do the trick:)

joz8968 04 June 2011 07:57 PM

Yeah, warfarin is the stuff. It thins the blood or summat, don't it? :wonder:

joz8968 04 June 2011 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 10074147)

Ha! Good wuuun. :lol1:

Jamie 04 June 2011 08:03 PM

Man up and kill it you big gayer

Rapid17 04 June 2011 08:10 PM

If and when you catch the rat, either dead or alive, under no circumstances handle it unless wearing disposable rubber gloves as you risk being infected with weil's disease. Have a read of the following.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...se-andy-holmes

Geoff.

joz8968 04 June 2011 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by Rapid17 (Post 10074201)
If and when you catch the rat, either dead or alive, under no circumstances handle it unless wearing disposable rubber gloves as you risk being infected with weil's disease....

...And potentially 13 others. ;)

Will 04 June 2011 08:26 PM

Don't be nice with the f*cking vermin!!! Kill the **** with a bat!!! Or stamp on it!!

Jamie 04 June 2011 08:29 PM

Wiels never did kill me swimming on the ouze but I could well be mad

Dingdongler 04 June 2011 09:41 PM

Thanks.

I'm away for a few days so will lay some traps and if that doesn't solve the problem will contact the council when I get back. Must say I didn't realise the council did things like that.

Dingdongler 04 June 2011 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 10074147)

Prize for wittiest post of the thread goes to.........hodgy:thumb:

Dingdongler 04 June 2011 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by zip106 (Post 10073280)
Ding, just ask it inane questions about house building, extensions, what car to buy etc.
It'll soon get bored to death :thumb:

;) ;)

Prize for least witty comment of the thread goes to........Zipper.:)

zip106 05 June 2011 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 10074412)
Prize for least witty comment of the thread goes to........Zipper.:)

:luxhello:

Back of the net.

Dingdongler 05 June 2011 06:52 AM

Went downstairs this morning to find one dead mouse:(

fastmike 05 June 2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dingdongler (Post 10073054)
Saw a frickin rat running across my kitchen today!!:eek:

And before you say anything our house is very clean, especially the kitchen. Bins are all emptied on time and no food is left around. The only thing I can think of is that underneath the central island (and perhaps fridge freezer) is untiled floor, and the floor in the kitchen is a sub floor ie with loads of space underneath.

Anyway, what does one do about a rat these days? Mouse trap or poison etc?

Divorce her........ Step 2) Order new Scooby