ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Is this True or Complete Bollox?? (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/88972-is-this-true-or-complete-bollox.html)

pslewis 20 April 2002 10:09 PM

To my mind a thief will only get 'so' far if I only ever have a max of 1/4 tank!! 15litres? say 3 gallons? so the maximum radius I need go looking is 60 miles ;) Damn sight better than looking over an area with a radius of 240miles!!!!

Anyway if the engine is destroyed due to a fault in the tank then Subaru is liable - end of story.

To all those smart 4rses above who are telling a Missile Design Engineer what happens when the mixture is weak, det det bang bang!! ha ha ha - just my line of work!! I will be fitting a Chocolate Boxer engine on the nosecone of the UK's next Nuclear Missile - it will be run from a Subaru Designed Fuel Tank, make it turn Right just over Bagdad and BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM we should have a nice 'Mother of all Pre-Dets'!!!!

Pete

pslewis 20 April 2002 10:14 PM

Julian Blowjob Says:-
Perhaps if you all got better jobs than paper rounds you wouldn't need to drive round on 1/4 of a tank.
------------------------------------------------------------------
What the F?? you on about man?? the cost comes from the fuel USED not the fuel in the tank - you dingbat!!! ;)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Lets guess what job that great mind has shall we???? hmmmmmmmm let me think ................... CLUE:- He says, 'Would you like fries with that?' :D

Pete

T5NYW 21 April 2002 12:08 AM

Pete,
I do appologise meant I kept topping when it needed it at Donnys Petrol station rather than going off site :(

Have a nice day now Sir :D:D

Tony

IWatkins 21 April 2002 10:10 AM

To all those smart 4rses above who are telling a Missile Design Engineer what happens when the mixture is weak, det det bang bang!! ha ha ha

You asked the question Pete. If you are then going to call people who are trying to answer your question smart 4rses, then do you think they are going to bother again ? Grown up, idiot boy.

shunty 21 April 2002 10:13 AM

Quote -"Perhaps if you all got better jobs than paper rounds you wouldn't need to drive round on 1/4 of a tank."

methinks you forgot to add ya smilies on that reply;)

shunty

DocJock 21 April 2002 10:51 AM

OK chaps, FWIW, on track you can get fuel starvation with still more than 1/2 tank left. This is a BAD thing !!!!

I HAVE the PowerStation swirl pot/fuel pump upgrade fitted and all I can say is it does exactly what it says on the tin. At Bedford I could run BELOW EMPTY on the gauge with no trace of starvation :D (as an experiment).

A modification which actually improves performance....bargain.

<<<<no connection, just a happy customer>>>>

DocJock 21 April 2002 10:53 AM

Forgot to say Pete.....

You have obviously never had fuel starvation happen to you or you would not be sceptical. Feels like the car has hit something it is so violent.

R19KET 21 April 2002 11:36 AM

Pete,

What worries me, is that such an "expert" has to ask the question in the first place.

I can only assume that you design missiles for the US. This would explain how they gained a reputation for hitting the "friendlies" instead of the "enemy" !!!!!!!

Mark.