ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Know anyone famous? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/888410-know-anyone-famous.html)

jayallen 13 May 2011 08:28 PM

See Harry Rednapp now and then in and around Lilliput and saw Graham Souness on Wednesday in Canford Cliffs getting in his Range Rover, look like he had just come out of HSBC Premier.

Been out a couple of times with Duncan James, he grew up with a guy i used to work with...the women were swarming like flies :D

powerwrx 13 May 2011 10:05 PM

i went to school with ricky hatton and he lives just up the road from me, shane ward was in the year above me too

Mrfastbaz 13 May 2011 10:10 PM

know a famous brummie comedian who had a hit in the 70's with funky moped see he at my mother in laws who he visits quite regularly and also know a cbe lady person who is friends with prince charles.. and is often invited to banquets at his place .

Steve vRS 13 May 2011 10:49 PM

No. No one famous.

I live in Lymm, Cheshire and see people I recognise off the TV and from the football all the time but don't know any of them.

Steve

hodgy0_2 13 May 2011 11:01 PM

yes loads

Moley 13 May 2011 11:03 PM

I don't know anyone famous, but insure a few.

Shane Lynch from Boyzone lives just down the road from me, and gave me a nod once when i drove past him.

markjmd 13 May 2011 11:11 PM

Friend of the family quite a while back was a coach for a 1st division football team (in the days before the premiership).

Also spoke to a former leader of the lib-dems a few times on the phone, when he called up for tech support for his laptop.

SiPie 13 May 2011 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 10037597)
I am sure this has been done more that five fekking times :(

Locate search.

Guess who doesn't know any celebs :lol1:

;)

Hysteria1983 13 May 2011 11:26 PM

I know a famous singer from the 90's from a group called STEPS.

AsifScoob 14 May 2011 12:54 AM

Nick Knowles is a neighbour, his house looks a tip!

I know a few 'sports' people through work, Missus worked at the BBC for years, so met a few through her, including a couple of minor TV presenters.

My Dad was very good friends with some top cricketers in their day (used to come around our house) Have met a few of todays top cricketers too.

Riz Khan from CNN/Al Jazeera is my Brothers best friend.

So, personally, I don't really 'know' anyone famous. :D

markr1963 14 May 2011 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by motofox (Post 10037521)
Robert Lindsy use to live cross road from us and use to speak, till he married,his bro and his dad still live close.
A chap that use to be on the Bill lives on the next road to me,he use to say hello but only when he was hammerd lol.

Sounds like you're from Ilson or thereabouts. And if it's the same chap from The Bill that liked a beer or 7 then that may have been Ben Roberts who played Chief Inspector Conway

stevebt 14 May 2011 07:25 AM

Does Paul Gascoigne count :)

Jamo 14 May 2011 07:25 AM

ahh lovely ilkeston :lol1:

Jamo 14 May 2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 10038476)

No sorry.

;)

fatscoobfella1 14 May 2011 08:10 AM

Shaun Ryder
Bez.
I used to repair Bernard mannings Roller and Lincoln.
Aiden J Harveys Jag (Z list celeb).
Eric Stewarts Jag out of 10cc.

markr1963 14 May 2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 10038477)
ahh lovely ilkeston :lol1:

I take it you're local? :)

Last visited my former home town about 2 years ago. It was almost as if the epicentre of the GFC was right there. What a depressing place. Some of the town's only redeeming features, its pubs (including my old local), boarded up:(

Jamo 14 May 2011 08:54 AM

I opened the wetherspoons pub in the market place, from wirksworth originally, in belper now :)

RA Dunk 14 May 2011 09:51 AM

I 'almost' got run over by David Coulthard in a golf buggy at Silverston last year. :D

markr1963 14 May 2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 10038545)
I opened the wetherspoons pub in the market place, from wirksworth originally, in belper now :)

Ah, lovely Belper ;)

motofox 14 May 2011 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by markr1963 (Post 10038453)
Sounds like you're from Ilson or thereabouts. And if it's the same chap from The Bill that liked a beer or 7 then that may have been Ben Roberts who played Chief Inspector Conway

yes mate im from i'lson,born and bred lol..yes thats the chappie,use to prop up most the bars on the main road and i often seen him getting carried home.And yes everwhere is getting boarded up:( pubs closing etc.

EddScott 14 May 2011 10:15 AM

Mother used to help Mark Lawrenson run his pub in Faringdon - means nothing to me as I don't know anything about football. Also know some jockeys but can't remember there names - used to give them lifts home after a heavy sesh - had to change the lager from Carlsberg to Fosters because they were little and couldn't drink the Carlsberg without getting wrecked.

Parents used to own a pub that was the local for Toleman F1 - later Benetton and then Renault. Dad stayed in touch with Rory Byrne after he went to Ferrari.

Oh, and last bank holiday Monday my daughter more or less blanked a minor celeb - we live close to Manor Park - the one Anna Ryder Richardson bought and my daughter managed to hurt herself (fancied a bit of attention etc) and ARR came over asked if she was OK to which my daugter just blanked her - we step in to be nice and trying to be nice she says "would you like my dog to kiss it better?" not knowing my daughter has a bit of a fear of dogs this naturally went down like a lead balloon and we felt awkward, she was obviously feeling awkward so a round of nervous laughs and she moved on.

My boss was in the RAF with Christian Bales dad....

scoobiesteve103 14 May 2011 10:21 AM

my dad is good mates with nigel mansell after he bought out the kart club my dad was a member off.ive raced karts with him a few times also terry hollands who is britains strongest man and world strongest man finalist

motofox 14 May 2011 10:21 AM

My boss was in the RAF with Christian Bales dad....

Dint he nick a stealth bomber with John Travolta?????

DCI Gene Hunt 14 May 2011 10:26 AM

Tony Banderas? :D

hodgy0_2 14 May 2011 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by EddScott (Post 10038622)
Anna Ryder Richardson ....

is my father in laws cousin

spent quite a few sunday lunches in her company

musso2010 14 May 2011 10:55 AM

When i was 15 i used to live a few houses away from Ron Atkinson. I even delivered his newspapers.

Leslie 14 May 2011 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 10037427)
J4ckos mate looks a bit like Martin Clunes interbred with Tony Soprano and some kind of primate if that counts.

You certainly know how to pick 'em.

Les :D

Leslie 14 May 2011 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 10038476)

I doubt he can do that.

Les ;)

ScoobyWon't 14 May 2011 11:04 AM

<Whisper>
Lindsay Dawn Mckenzie. But that is nothing to be proud of. :o
</Whisper>

RobsyUK 14 May 2011 11:51 AM

I know the MD of Argos & the MD of Home retail group if that counts,

They are not osoap stars but companies will know them world wide.