ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   Goddamn Subarus!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/884956-goddamn-subarus.html)

KJD Mk1 20 April 2011 05:38 PM

Nice one Merv & Sarah :thumb:

mervil 20 April 2011 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by muttley1927 (Post 9997351)
Merv,gutted for you,

Glad you've had a re-think about it.:luxhello:

If you need any help at all with work on it give us a shout,i'll be happy to help and i'm pretty handy with a spanner.:norty:

Tea and coffee is the only payment i'll need.:thumb:

I'll take you up on the offer buddy :) cheers mate :thumb:

mervil 20 April 2011 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 9997505)
Nice one Merv & Sarah :thumb:

Cheers Kev :) gonna get all the little bits sorted on her to get it pristine :)

blockhead 20 April 2011 06:38 PM

Sorry to hear this news,Merv.But glad you are thinking of keeping it now and not strip it,to many people doing it these days. I'm sure it will be back bigger and better.Good luck with it,give me a shout if you need anything.hope to see soon.

mervil 20 April 2011 06:42 PM

Cheers mate :) good to see the Subaru spirit is still alive! Tbh, it's only since I was reminded that it'll be a true 'classic' in years to come that I want to keep it! It's a Type R, one that I've wanted for a long time, it would be such a shame to take another one off the road!

Ringer4fun 20 April 2011 06:44 PM

Bl**dy hell mate how much more can you take, I have a 2lt CDB V3 long engine in the workshop if its any good to you, circa 40kms was running when I bought it, but would change head gaskets and cam belt before I used it,

John

www.spdevelopments.webs.com

mervil 20 April 2011 07:02 PM

Cheers John, I've not had the best luck have I :lol1:

The engine will have to wait til next year, that will give
Me plenty of time to get the rest of the car ready :)

steve sti-7 20 April 2011 07:48 PM

Hi Mervil,
Sorry to hear about your problem, hope you sort your problem out quick.
Steve

DYL 4N 20 April 2011 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Ringer4fun (Post 9997619)
Bl**dy hell mate how much more can you take, I have a 2lt CDB V3 long engine in the workshop if its any good to you, circa 40kms was running when I bought it, but would change head gaskets and cam belt before I used it,

John

www.spdevelopments.webs.com

Is that offer only open to merv John??

simb 2 20 April 2011 09:09 PM

Well done mate, good things come to those who wait and all that!

"Taylor" 20 April 2011 09:31 PM

Nice one Merv, good choice :)

Cannon Fodder 20 April 2011 09:44 PM

I knew you'd see sense when you sat down and had a good think about it. :)

Good luck with the forthcoming improvements. :thumb:

mervil 20 April 2011 10:17 PM

Thanks guys, I'm in a better mood now too :lol1: it will take a while to get it perfect but worth it in the end! :)

turboDean 20 April 2011 10:36 PM

Glad u had a think about, be nice to see it once its all done :thumb:

STI Glenn 21 April 2011 12:52 PM

Sorry to hear about your car ,is Bonzee engine still for sale

The Sheep Worrier 21 April 2011 03:49 PM

:luxhello:Well done Merv really glad your keeping her!!!You gotta try and look at the positives (if at all possible) as you have and taking the opportunity to get everything else done and het her looking the way she left the factory. Great that you havnt set yourself an unrealistc timescale and things will be done time/wonga permitting. Onwardsa and upwards!! :luxhello:

DJ_Jon 21 April 2011 04:56 PM

Saw your car sat outside engine tuner, very nice Merv. Gutted for you mate.

DamienP1 21 April 2011 06:35 PM

good effort merv........I for one am one who has had experience with bad luck and have also been in a postion of not being able to afford things right away........but as they say good things come to those who wait..........be patient and your time will come

mervil 21 April 2011 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by DJ_Jon (Post 9999112)
Saw your car sat outside engine tuner, very nice Merv. Gutted for you mate.

Cheers mate, I was gutted I had to leave it there! If I had the cash I'd be getting the works done with the upgraded Cosworth bits :norty:

Good things will definitely come to those who wait, I've written out a list of bits that I wanna do while it's off the road! It's a big list :lol1: if I was driving it then they wouldn't get done! :) I'm gutted I won't have it for th shows this year but thinking ahead that I will be mint with everything done just makes it all worthwhile! :thumb:

The Trooper 1815 22 April 2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 9999350)
Cheers mate, I was gutted I had to leave it there! If I had the cash I'd be getting the works done with the upgraded Cosworth bits :norty:

Good things will definitely come to those who wait, I've written out a list of bits that I wanna do while it's off the road! It's a big list :lol1: if I was driving it then they wouldn't get done! :) I'm gutted I won't have it for th shows this year but thinking ahead that I will be mint with everything done just makes it all worthwhile! :thumb:

Any help you need Merv, gis a shout mate:thumb: I am very good with front/rear bumpers, carpets and interiors and I clean a mean under carriage!

mervil 22 April 2011 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 10000482)
Any help you need Merv, gis a shout mate:thumb: I am very good with front/rear bumpers, carpets and interiors and I clean a mean under carriage!

Thanks Ian, much appreciated :thumb: will take you up on that offer at some point :)

The Trooper 1815 23 April 2011 03:11 PM

Oh and I nearly forgot the mini industrial carpet and upholstery cleaner :D

mervil 23 April 2011 03:20 PM

:cool: awesome ! Seats etc will be coming out so that I can degunge everything :)

The Trooper 1815 23 April 2011 03:25 PM

:thumb:

mervil 24 April 2011 10:25 AM

Got the car home yesterday around 5pm, when I bought the car something told me I should get breakdown cover so bought AA cover! Tbh it's been well worth the £12 a month :) dropped me, the mrs and little un home with the car and I limped it onto the drive where it's gonna stay for a while! :) gonna give it a clean before the cover goes on it!

Silver Scooby Sport 24 April 2011 02:02 PM

When you get the engine out Merv your going to have a great option to get the engine bay cleaned up really well plus all the little brackets and ancillary bits n bobs powder coated etc.