ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   Which dump valve? (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/883899-which-dump-valve.html)

alcazar 16 April 2011 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by jtonkins (Post 9990169)
dont listen to all the dumpvalve haters, they were all chavs at one point!!!!! :D

I was never a chav: a skinhead and a hippy, yes, but never a chav!

mikey30 18 April 2011 09:52 PM

i have a HKS ssqv on my car at the minute but looking to got to a forge recir valve...anyone recommend the forge???

MarkC 18 April 2011 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by mikey30 (Post 9994516)
i have a HKS ssqv on my car at the minute but looking to got to a forge recir valve...anyone recommend the forge???

you can get a fitting kit to change the ssqv to a recirculating one, not sure if you need more than the fitting below in link

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_t...All-Categories

WildPikey 18 April 2011 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by lordharding (Post 9990219)
Don't fit one

Only the girls and chavs at Mcdonalds will think it's cool and you must be rich

The rest of the Subaru people will laugh at you

Also well documented on here about problems with them effecting performance and fueling
Do a search hundreds of posts on the subject over he last few years

Wooshh look at me

Duh

:pchit: I won't laugh at anyone, I am not one of these so called Subaru people :eek: I am a Human being that does things and buy's thing that I like, I laugh more at people who spend their lives worrying what others think and feel the need to be the same as everyone else, As for the hundreds of posts, Well you may be correct but I cannot actually find any threads that suggest what you are saying and I have done a search, Find some proof in what you are saying before you quote what you have read and I don't mean sending me a link to another "what dump valve thread" that says the same as this one with no proof :hjtwofing Nothing against other peoples opinion's but they are just that, An opinion, Not fact! If one person experiences a problem it doesn't mean everyone will, There are hundreds of Subaru's running around with vta dump valves that have not been mapped that have been running like that for years with no problems, The info I have seen on the internet suggests that the ones they tested which did cause overfuelling between gear changes was so minimal that it wasn't worth worrying about anyway as missing a service was likely to do more damage, Some have been reported to cause running problems straight out of the box for certain people and the answer to that is simple also, Don't use one of these use one people have reported to work well, You cannot condemn every single make out there, It would be a bit like saying every single Impreza on this forum is rubbish and unreliable because Joe Bloggs' one blew up the other day :thumb:

Gear Head 19 April 2011 11:24 AM

Well I can only speak from experience.
I fitted a Turbo XS VTA dump valve to my STI 4 (MY1998). I was 24 at the time and just loved the noise it made. But there was one issue....the driveability.
On part throttle, the motor was very jerky, so much so that I thought I had a problem.
I changed the valve back to standard and the problem went away immediately. :thumb:

I also noticed that there was less lag when I changed gear with the standard valve as opposed to the vta. I believe many vta suppliers quote a different story!

I also noticed the same when a friend of mine bought another of my old scoobies and fitted a HKS vta. Yes, it sounded great (at the time - grown up a bit now!) but the 'stutter stutter judder' symptons were still there.

For £200, I'd spend it on whores and coke! :D

bengo 20 April 2011 08:28 AM

Save yourself some money and take the resonator box out from the driver side wing...
You get the sound without loosing performance :thumb:

Ben

digger64 20 April 2011 06:57 PM

Bit of a numpty question perhaps but what is the job of this resonator box?..Is it easy to remove?.:wonder:.Ta.

GB270Gaz 29 April 2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Gear Head (Post 9995229)

For £200, I'd spend it on whores and coke! :D

+1 :thumb: