ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Wales (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/)
-   -   My date at Buckingham Palace. (https://www.scoobynet.com/wales-26/882896-my-date-at-buckingham-palace.html)

Nomad_72 05 April 2011 07:31 PM

That's an amazing achievement Ian! Well done mate.

duckdo 05 April 2011 07:57 PM

very well deserved mate :luxhello:

"THE MOOSE" 07 April 2011 10:26 AM

Well done Ian, well deserved fair play :thumb:..

W.C.N scrubs up quite well too :D

Nick.

Only kidding Ange ;)

Flathead 07 April 2011 10:57 AM

Congrats Ian on the MBE well deserved ! I try and make it to as many repatriations as i can when they come through Swindon to pick up the Oxford road.

The Trooper 1815 07 April 2011 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Drofmub (Post 9975826)
Congrats Ian on the MBE well deserved ! I try and make it to as many repatriations as i can when they come through Swindon to pick up the Oxford road.

Cheers everyone. Drofmub, You biking it?

Flathead 07 April 2011 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 9975866)
Cheers everyone. Drofmub, You biking it?

No not me we had plenty of bikes coming into Swindon at the weekend for the ride through Bassett on Sunday though !

TonyBurns 07 April 2011 02:47 PM

Congratulations :D it definately looks like its been well deserved :thumb: and yes, everyone of those lads and lasses needs recognition for what they do, its not easy, especially in some of the conditions they have to put up with :(

Got an MBE for one of the guys I use to go to school with (we were in the same last unit), I "volunteered" him for a jolly :lol1: and he still hasnt bought me a beer (probably because ive not seen him in over 14 years :( )

Tony:)

The Trooper 1815 07 April 2011 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by TonyBurns (Post 9976181)
Congratulations :D it definately looks like its been well deserved :thumb: and yes, everyone of those lads and lasses needs recognition for what they do, its not easy, especially in some of the conditions they have to put up with :(

Got an MBE for one of the guys I use to go to school with (we were in the same last unit), I "volunteered" him for a jolly :lol1: and he still hasnt bought me a beer (probably because ive not seen him in over 14 years :( )

As a "volunteer" I take it he was not at the meeting when it was allocated? :lol1:

TonyBurns 07 April 2011 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815 (Post 9976217)
As a "volunteer" I take it he was not at the meeting when it was allocated? :lol1:

Well I put his name forward as he trialled the bit of kit that I recommended be used (not bad for a mere jnco and they listened :lol1: ) but he got that for the troop withdrawl from Hong Kong, it was a nice jolly for him as he was serving in NI at the time!

The Trooper 1815 07 April 2011 03:18 PM

:D