ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Eating before / after workout. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/866758-eating-before-after-workout.html)

ronjeramy 06 January 2011 05:54 PM

How about dome of this for weight loss? Never tried it myself
http://www.meratol.com/?gclid=CODasu...FUYe4QodQz5gaA

ScoobyWon't 06 January 2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 9804006)
How about dome of this for weight loss? Never tried it myself
http://www.meratol.com/?gclid=CODasu...FUYe4QodQz5gaA

Before and after? :wonder:
http://www.meratol.com/ekmps/shops/m...tol-case-1.jpg
Still looks like a chunky monkey to me! :Suspiciou

ronjeramy 06 January 2011 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 9804077)
Before and after? :wonder:
http://www.meratol.com/ekmps/shops/m...tol-case-1.jpg
Still looks like a chunky monkey to me! :Suspiciou

:lol1: The woman in the other picture looked like it worked better

Bubba po 06 January 2011 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by ronjeramy (Post 9802929)
Have you turned into Telboy, Bubba? :D

I'm just filling in for him while he's building his model aircraft carrier. :D

ronjeramy 06 January 2011 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bubba po (Post 9804682)
I'm just filling in for him while he's building his model aircraft carrier. :D

To help determine his absence is he building USS Enterprise class carrier or the HMS Ark Royal? :D

Ant 14 January 2011 09:23 PM

Quick update, since this thread I've lost a stone :D

Not even hit the gym yet still doing swimming . The weights will start Monday :)

ScoobyWon't 14 January 2011 09:25 PM

A stone in 10 days? Have you chopped a leg off? :wonder:

Ant 14 January 2011 09:29 PM

Just a shock to my system I reckon, cut the dominos out and Toby carvery's :D

ScoobyWon't 14 January 2011 09:30 PM

Just how many Toby Carvery's and Dominoes were you having each day? :eek:

Ant 14 January 2011 09:35 PM

:lol1: I'm a fatty so first initial lost was going to be big I suppose. I'd put a printout up but embarresed how much I weigh :lol1:

ScoobyWon't 14 January 2011 09:37 PM

You're not that fat woman from Bull Farm who rides her mobility scooter down the A38 to the Kings Mill Maccy D's are you? :Suspiciou I was about to ask how much you weighed to start with.

And I was only joking about going on the Protikee :lol1:

Ant 14 January 2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 9821386)
You're not that fat woman from Bull Farm who rides her mobility scooter down the A38 to the Kings Mill Maccy D's are you? :Suspiciou I was about to ask how much you weighed to start with.

And I was only joking about going on the Protikee :lol1:

I've tried protikee before through snazy's reccomendation waste of time it worked once but that's only when i got smacked in the mouth I could only drink their shakes through a straw :lol1:

Haha I need to see this women now :lol1:

rb5_336 14 January 2011 09:45 PM

Ive got my bodyfat from 26% down to 13%.
My advice...
As per above small meal every 4 hrs
No processed food
Reduce carbs dramatically
Loads more protein and fruit n veg
Loads more water
Listen to ure body n afapt
First few months ure body will crave carbs,resist!
Diet is way more important than any gym,thats a bonus

Sean

Ant 14 January 2011 09:47 PM

Ordered some protein powder earlier:thumb:

ScoobyWon't 14 January 2011 09:48 PM

You can't miss her. Sadly the traffic does. I'd love to see the damage she could do to a car!

As for the protikee, it works for me. :thumb: In fact, I'll volunteer to punch you in the mouth if it would help ;)

Ant 14 January 2011 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 9821416)
You can't miss her. Sadly the traffic does. I'd love to see the damage she could do to a car!

As for the protikee, it works for me. :thumb: In fact, I'll volunteer to punch you in the mouth if it would help ;)

:lol1: thanks but no thanks.:D

hux309 14 January 2011 10:15 PM

As other guys have said high protein/good fats cut out anything refined, sugars carbs you name it.

Ideally cardio should be fasted, in other works first thing in the morning on an empty stomach, steady state low intensity so you don't speed off your muscle say no more than 120-125bpm

Some do hit training but i haven't done this myself so can't comment.

Ideally protein should be a minimum of 1g per lb of lean mass

I'll be dieting myself in the coming weeks, should be fun seeing as i've been lifting my ass off for the past 7 months, a month or two for me should suffice.

Anyway good luck and stick with it.

Oh and have a read of this

http://www.johnberardi.com/articles/...aneating_1.htm

Snazy 29 January 2011 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9821406)
I've tried protikee before through snazy's reccomendation waste of time it worked once but that's only when i got smacked in the mouth I could only drink their shakes through a straw :lol1:

Lol that's because you are a lazy fat bastid with no willpower :lol1:
Whining you could not cope and still stuffing your face.

I thought you going on it was good, especially the part where you gave me all the shakes afterwards.

I'm doing a few weeks on it to shed a little excess, and have made good progress again. Good luck with your regime, good start. :thumb:

ScoobyWon't 30 January 2011 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Snazy (Post 9850054)
Lol that's because you are a lazy fat bastid with no willpower :lol1:
Whining you could not cope and still stuffing your face.

I thought you going on it was good, especially the part where you gave me all the shakes afterwards.

I'm doing a few weeks on it to shed a little excess, and have made good progress again. Good luck with your regime, good start. :thumb:

Have you tried the spag bol? It actually tastes like food :eek:

BIG FUD 30 January 2011 06:26 PM

Ive been in training for 4 months now 15 weeks to be exact i was 21.9 now im 20.1 im 6.4 and very well built .

I do 3 cardio classes a week sun-wed-fri then i do small weights but 100s of reps this is to burn fat while still buiding a bit of muscle.

food .
morn... bowel of bran fruit yoghurt and or all 3 of them

3hrs.. later after gym some protein but not to much i have a protein shake no fat and with that ill have scrambled eggs tuna fish any of them or more fruit with my shake.

3hrs.. later ill have a meat dinner pasta fish ect depending on the day

No later than 8pm have another piece fruit not a banana they are heavy to sleep on .

Just keep training nothing heavy, plnty swimming, badmington, walking up hill, tred mill all cardio items it will fall off .

I dont drink or smoke so its been alot easier for me but ive lost a waste size a jacket size and feel after this short time sooo much better ...

If u ever eat late and then you have a workout the next morning dont have alot for breakfast the cardio will burn of the energy u have stored from the night before..

Hope this helps ..

+Doc+ 30 January 2011 07:49 PM

I wonder if these new protein supplement etc. are really required?
My wife's granddad was an army gym instructor, looking at old pictures his physic was amazing, and during rations? lol
Is there no substitute for balancing a diet and hard work?

davyboy 30 January 2011 07:57 PM

No, thats all you need.

....but folk want it easier than that.

Snazy 30 January 2011 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 9852059)
Have you tried the spag bol? It actually tastes like food :eek:

Yeah I read about it on the site but not tried, sounded tiny lol.

+Doc+ 01 February 2011 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9802462)
I didn't drown :D managed to do a mile in a hour first time I've swam a mile so I'm very happy. Just need to speed things up.

Its weird that I don't look forward to it but once I've done it feels brilliant.

Scoobywont't - I'll have a look at that site later :D

Now where's that steamed veg....

60 odd lengths in an hour is pretty good going, you must be pretty fit already?
After a few weeks I managed 40 in about half hour but find it quite hard on the old knees after playing football...and well boring.
Im mixing up front crawl woth breast stroke now which is bloody hard work cause my breathing is all over the place lol.

hux309 01 February 2011 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by +Doc+ (Post 9852277)
I wonder if these new protein supplement etc. are really required?
My wife's granddad was an army gym instructor, looking at old pictures his physic was amazing, and during rations? lol
Is there no substitute for balancing a diet and hard work?

Not really it's just food, but it is suggested you get around 1g of protein per lb of lbm. So long as it's from a good variety of sources it's fine.

Shakes are just used more for convenience.

But i do advice taking bcaa's when training, helps with recovery plus helps hold onto that muscle when dieting.

Im currently dieting hard, bare minimum carbs with good fats and protein. 6 days on with 1 day to refeed with low fats and lots of simple carbs, otherwise my metabolism will slow, plus it'll help spare muscle.

So far it's working well, haven't lost any noticeable strength though it's early days.

Ant 01 February 2011 04:20 PM

I've been having whey protein shake before and after? that a good thing doing before and after?

+Doc+ 01 February 2011 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 9855626)
Not really it's just food, but it is suggested you get around 1g of protein per lb of lbm. So long as it's from a good variety of sources it's fine.

Shakes are just used more for convenience.

But i do advice taking bcaa's when training, helps with recovery plus helps hold onto that muscle when dieting.

Im currently dieting hard, bare minimum carbs with good fats and protein. 6 days on with 1 day to refeed with low fats and lots of simple carbs, otherwise my metabolism will slow, plus it'll help spare muscle.

So far it's working well, haven't lost any noticeable strength though it's early days.

Whats the reason for the hard dieting?

+Doc+ 01 February 2011 04:24 PM

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...highlight=diet

Some food for thought :)

kingofturds 01 February 2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by antc (Post 9855653)
I've been having whey protein shake before and after? that a good thing doing before and after?

it's more important after your workout to help repair the muscle tissue you have damaged.

Originally Posted by +Doc+ (Post 9855657)
Whats the reason for the hard dieting?

so he can look jacked for the summer with muscles cut like diamonds:thumb:

hux309 01 February 2011 09:14 PM

Haha you sarky bugger, well i will be trying my best yeah.

Protein is actually more beneficial before/during so yeah carry on as is bud.