ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Thinking of selling - only had car 2 months :-( (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/864093-thinking-of-selling-only-had-car-2-months.html)

bioforger 16 December 2010 12:06 AM

<Homer> mmmmmm skimpy summer clothes </Homer>

armzy 16 December 2010 12:23 AM

just ignore them, they just jealous. just think that if you put your right foot down you could obliterate them, but why do you have to prove anything with a car like that :)

beef-on-the-bone 16 December 2010 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by richgreenscooby1 (Post 9767542)
The car you drive exactally , have you seen it its dead nice , ive got one and the missis has one pic to follow ,
Fact 1. you will 99%of the time get a wave of another scooby ..(usless they think there car is better which i know a few off )(tossers)
Fact 2 you drive a scooby
Fact 3 your a girl
Fact 4 you drive a scooby
Fact 5 its mint
Fact 6 its a scooby

do i need to go on , ??? you have joined an amazing community of car lovers who love there car and have so much satifaction in owning , driving , and washing them
Be proud to own one and smile when you get in , it will make you happy , and take no notice of , twats who have no life and are jelous of what you own
SMILE AND BE HAPPY YOU OWN A SCOOBY
one more thing my missis gets the same to but mainly coz it looks like this ................................................

on a side note, where did you get the camo kit from??? :norty:

bigarf 16 December 2010 07:01 AM

i think this thread is useless without pics of the OP.get some pics up of yourself and not the car then we can all make judgment on wheather its the car or you there giving the attention to.

borderlinechris 16 December 2010 08:39 AM

...."CAN LOOK BUT NOT TOUCH"

maybe get a t-shirt with that on as well!!

pics would help thou!!

bunsofsteeeel 16 December 2010 08:57 AM

ATTENTION WHORE ALERT........

J.beazley 16 December 2010 11:01 AM

My missus drives our wagon everyday on the skool run, she gets heads turning all the time but her moto is "i can afford to own and run a scooby so i will".

Dont let it bother you just enjoy driving it and worry about lesser people later when there in the rear view mirror.

Jay

NormantheDog 16 December 2010 11:16 AM

Can I ask, is that a black wrx, blob or hawk? I really like that might need to find myself one can you let me know which version?

JBala 16 December 2010 11:35 AM

Dont let a few scummy lil w@ker5 ruin your enjoyement! Drive it with pride! ;-)

legb4rsk 16 December 2010 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by borderlinechris (Post 9767821)
...."CAN LOOK BUT NOT TOUCH"

maybe get a t-shirt with that on as well!!

pics would help thou!!

One that made me laugh on a car driven by a women;

'I have lost my virginity but
I still have the box it came in' :lol1:

KAS35RSTI 16 December 2010 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by x-helen-x (Post 9767181)
Evening all,

Thinking of selling my impreza or trading it in for a normal un-noticed car:mad:

Im fed up of the comments, beeps, races wanted and slezzy men coming onto me because of the car I drive!!

Why do men always think with their pen*s first? I wish I could just drive my car hassle free!!

Really starting the get me down cos its winter and im fully clothed, how about in the hot summer when I have limited clothes on, just gonna be worse!! :cry:

Rant Over ... giving it till end of week to make my mind up :mad:

Are you pretending to be a female :Suspiciou

DCI Gene Hunt 16 December 2010 01:59 PM

If it helps I think you look like a pig :D

MalcB 16 December 2010 02:24 PM

Buy a Wagon. I'm feckin' invisible. Even to other Scoobies:nono::lol1:

bigarf 16 December 2010 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by NormantheDog (Post 9767957)
Can I ask, is that a black wrx, blob or hawk? I really like that might need to find myself one can you let me know which version?

its a hawk wrx by the looks of it.and all you need to do to own it is give her a wave as she pulls out of her drive then it'l be up for sale the next day.:D

f1_fan 16 December 2010 03:11 PM

If I buy your car am I guaranteed to get members of the opposite sex coming in to me all the time?

How about a sale or return deal if it doesn't happen? :D

KAS35RSTI 16 December 2010 03:17 PM

On a serious note, I even get all the looks etc & the most annoying of all is getting tailgated by big Bob in his builders van. Get some tinted windows :thumb:

dpb 16 December 2010 04:21 PM

So you cant see them ?

just about the most attention seeking device ever created :rolleyes:

JohnD 16 December 2010 05:51 PM

Hmm! Got a feeling she's loving all this attention?:norty:

JohnD

bigarf 16 December 2010 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by JohnD (Post 9768652)
Hmm! Got a feeling she's loving all this attention?:norty:

JohnD

NO certainly not,thats why she posted in the first place remember,because she hates all the attention she is getting.yeah right.i have yet to come across any female that hates getting attention.

awdx4 16 December 2010 06:23 PM

There's something odd about that car, it looks like a non turbo with a go faster scoop and rear wing. The brakes look inadequate lol.

arumdevil 16 December 2010 06:34 PM

you guys are kind of proving her point a bit, you can't even see her and yet you're still giving her hassle just because she's a woman driving an impreza. I know you're comments aren't meant like that, but she might just see it as more testosterone-filled blokes doing the same as what she mentions at the beginning of this.

Terminator X 17 December 2010 12:30 AM

^^ I don't think they're full of testosterone ;)

http://gayrealestatelasvegas.files.w...6238xsmall.jpg

TX.

arumdevil 17 December 2010 12:39 AM

ROFL

deanb1980 17 December 2010 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by awdx4 (Post 9768736)
There's something odd about that car, it looks like a non turbo with a go faster scoop and rear wing. The brakes look inadequate lol.

thats cause it is a non turbo i think as all wrx hawk eyes had red calipers with subaru in white

Stevesbluewrx 17 December 2010 01:52 AM

To be honest I wouldn't let it get to you Helen.
As has been said. It's most likely due to the fact they like your car or you.

Why let that bother you owning such a nice looking car? Which it is.

To be honest twats getting up to your bumper when driving can be part of ownership sadly as everyone else wants to prove a point becuase the Impreza is such an icon on the roads to other users etc.
But then so could Mrs Bloggs in a nice Mini Cooper S etc. You can't change twats out on public roads.

My misses drives my car now and then with the kids in the back. She said a BMW driver once got up to the rear bumper in a 40 mph so she switched the anti lag on and they soon backed off.

Don't let it get to you. Just enjoy owning the car mate.

Steve

gazzawrx 17 December 2010 09:41 AM

imo the only real way to sort this is to post a pic of yourself too, that way we can all tell you whether it is you that's attracting the attention or whether it's the car. We could even do a poll on it :lol1:

S3LDM 17 December 2010 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by gazzawrx (Post 9769600)
imo the only real way to sort this is to post a pic of yourself too, that way we can all tell you whether it is you that's attracting the attention or whether it's the car. We could even do a poll on it :lol1:

I will second that...[img]/happy-smiley-541.gif[/img]

JohnD 17 December 2010 11:08 AM

Helen, you've gone very quiet?
Post up, if only to tell all these chauvinists where to get off! :poke:

JohnD

DeeH 17 December 2010 11:11 AM

Get it sold!

If you are genuinely considering selling the car and the only reason is because you dont like attention from other people you are driving the wrong car. Scoobys always attract attention (unfortunately good and bad) and since most performance car enthusiasts are blokes they are bound to notice a good looking lady driving a great car.

If you like driving performance cars but dont want attention you might be better buying something a little more anonymous, then you can have your fun without others noticing.

birchy2010 17 December 2010 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx (Post 9769452)

My misses drives my car now and then with the kids in the back. She said a BMW driver once got up to the rear bumper in a 40 mph so she switched the anti lag on and they soon backed off.

that is by far the best thing i have read today!

on the subject of the attention, it comes with the car, just ignore it or take it as a compliment. dont let it ruin something if your enjoy the car that much!