ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   Medal of Honour (XBOX) (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/855527-medal-of-honour-xbox.html)

StickyMicky 18 October 2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 9658820)
What game did that happen with? I'm still playing Fifa 09 online with Fifa 11 out

Here is a quick list of some of the EA-Sports servers they turned off at the start of this year.

Facebreaker x360 and PS3
Fantasy Football 09 x360 and PS3
Madden 09 Wii and PSP
NBA 09 Wii - Europe only
NCAA Football 09 PS2
NASCAR 09 PS3 and x360 - Europe Only
Madden 09 x360 and PS3

Edit, here is a more complete list of the servers they have recently shut down this year.

LOTR Conquest was under a year if i remember rightly?
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/17/ne...owns-detailed/

EA Servers = suck!

Tidgy 18 October 2010 10:09 AM

got it on pc, 5hrs later completed the single play, multiplayer, well dunno what they've done to it. Way too many people running aim bots and hacks.

not a patch on bc2 for multiplayer, def wasted money on it, don;t bother folks.

M4RKG 18 October 2010 03:19 PM

Yep, deffo happy that I didnt bother... went prestige again on MW2, as have stayed on the 2nd level for about 8 months :)

... its kind of renewed it for me, looking forward to Black Ops :)

StickyMicky 19 October 2010 05:29 PM

I see the Bad Company 2 DLC has all been price slashed on XBL, much better idea for me after playing the beta of Medal of Honor.

Specat pack is 320 points and gives you 4 new guns/challenges/achievements (easy ones to be honest)
Onslaught pack is 400 points and from my brief go this morning, apears to gibe you 4 player co-op missions to play.

Specat pack is not really worth the 320 points imo, but i somehow had 1320 ms points on my account :lol1:

Jamescsti 19 October 2010 05:31 PM

Anyone planning on going to the midnight release of Black Ops?

I actually finish work at midnight so very tempted to go to get it on the way home

M4RKG 19 October 2010 06:32 PM

I'm thinking about it like, but after telling my lass this she threatened to finish with me... which I thought was abit harsh!

... so i've just taken the day off work :)

slipstream_uk 19 October 2010 10:34 PM

Clean Sweep gamemode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UitBGwQ9CRc

L.J.F 19 October 2010 10:53 PM

i normally pick the game up on the Wednesday or Thurs before it's released, i cant be arsed with waitng around at midnight for a game lol plus it's funny watching all your friends list wanting to know how you got it early;)

It's simple, most of the game shops will have it in 3 days before release date to avoid any mishaps. The smaller less known shops are much more willing to release early(under the counter) to avoid the competiton from GAME and Blockbuster etc because they can offer there games at a lower price. I now have few small game shops where i go to get a early release:D

Jamescsti 20 October 2010 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by L.J.F (Post 9665540)
i normally pick the game up on the Wednesday or Thurs before it's released, i cant be arsed with waitng around at midnight for a game lol plus it's funny watching all your friends list wanting to know how you got it early;)

It's simple, most of the game shops will have it in 3 days before release date to avoid any mishaps. The smaller less known shops are much more willing to release early(under the counter) to avoid the competiton from GAME and Blockbuster etc because they can offer there games at a lower price. I now have few small game shops where i go to get a early release:D

Like the logic, unfortunately there are no independants near me. Also I suspect that as it is a worldwide release date the servers will not turn on till the release so no multiplayer, which is my main reason for buying these games

GlesgaKiss 20 October 2010 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jamescsti (Post 9664619)
Anyone planning on going to the midnight release of Black Ops?

I actually finish work at midnight so very tempted to go to get it on the way home

I did that with MW2. Thought I'd just take a drive to a 24 hour ASDA on the outskirts of Edinburgh that's always deserted at night. Got there just before the release time, and there was a queue all the way from the gaming section to the front door - on the opposite side of a superstore. Think I ended up waiting for an hour and a half. Maybe more :o

Was on the phone to mate who was at another ASDA about 20 miles from Glasgow and he said it was the same.

Not sure if Black Ops will be as big a deal as that release though...

Jamescsti 20 October 2010 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss (Post 9667049)
I did that with MW2. Thought I'd just take a drive to a 24 hour ASDA on the outskirts of Edinburgh that's always deserted at night. Got there just before the release time, and there was a queue all the way from the gaming section to the front door - on the opposite side of a superstore. Think I ended up waiting for an hour and a half. Maybe more :o

Was on the phone to mate who was at another ASDA about 20 miles from Glasgow and he said it was the same.

Not sure if Black Ops will be as big a deal as that release though...

Got a feeling it will be as big if dare I say it................ Bigger

BigBurnz 22 October 2010 07:30 PM

wish i saw this thread before i bought it today!

havent played online yet but single player is cack, very very slow, everything seems to heavy, sounds are good, graphics are pretty shoddy, and it really is a piece of piss.

definately wait for black ops.

M4RKG 22 October 2010 08:28 PM

Take it back!

StickyMicky 27 October 2010 10:51 PM

Just talking to my mate tonight over XBL and he says he is sick of it already, he also said he would flog me his copy for £15 LOL!

kingofturds 27 October 2010 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9680030)
Just talking to my mate tonight over XBL and he says he is sick of it already, he also said he would flog me his copy for £15 LOL!

Buy it and flog it on ebay for £30:thumb: Did your mate go to "special school" by any chance?

StickyMicky 27 October 2010 10:58 PM

It stands him very little as he traded in a load of older games.

Apparently :lol1:

I told him he would be better off trading it in, but he says that nothing is out that he fancy's, so its pointless :lol1:

Jamescsti 28 October 2010 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9680054)
It stands him very little as he traded in a load of older games.

Apparently :lol1:

I told him he would be better off trading it in, but he says that nothing is out that he fancy's, so its pointless :lol1:

I'll give him £16 for it just to trade it in for black ops