ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   the.... BOMB! (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/854692-the-bomb.html)

f1_fan 10 October 2010 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 9645917)
How fecking retarded does that look - ffs Subaru ownership just gets worse by the day.

You have a way with words :D :D

jayallen 10 October 2010 11:47 AM

Thats given me an idea for my old '86 World Cup Panini stickers that have been stored away in my parents loft...:D

KickboxingCrazy 10 October 2010 12:30 PM

wernt this an american trend about 5 years ago lol

bioforger 10 October 2010 04:16 PM

It was a trend with me when I was about 18. Plastered my 1st car a toyota in generic rally stickers :lol1: It's just a phase blokes go through and then you grow up and realise what the feck was I thinking then.

geesta 10 October 2010 04:24 PM

I like it! makes a change from all that fake carbon s**t ;)

Che Grimm 10 October 2010 06:10 PM

love it mate im a skater so stickering things up comes second nature defo gonna do mine most stuff in my house is bombed xbox etc looks well done too but yeah paitience is the key!!!!

DCI Gene Hunt 10 October 2010 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Che Grimm (Post 9646528)
love it mate im a skater so stickering things up comes second nature defo gonna do mine most stuff in my house is bombed xbox etc looks well done too but yeah paitience is the key!!!!

Oh dear :o

wrx9181 10 October 2010 08:13 PM

love it mate

Che Grimm 10 October 2010 10:10 PM

Oh dear????? What part? Arnt skaters aloud to own 4bangers?

fmp 10 October 2010 10:14 PM

i love the massive divide on this forum.

The older more traditional subrau fans, and then the younger one's that are willing to try something new and different!

But its all good! :)

Che Grimm 10 October 2010 10:18 PM

Im glad that my 34yrs is classed as young. :)

hardy172 10 October 2010 10:40 PM

i really like it better than the stick on carbon shat! just ordered sitcker bomb, sticker bomb 2 and peel the art of the sticker!

bioforger 10 October 2010 10:43 PM

34 yr old skater?? lol If u arent a pro then well i dunno what to say really.

Che Grimm 10 October 2010 10:59 PM

Yeah was sponsored but not anymore due to my age. But il skate till the bones dont heal mate!!!

DCI Gene Hunt 11 October 2010 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Che Grimm (Post 9647369)
Yeah was sponsored but not anymore due to my mental age. But il skate till the bones dont heal mate!!!

EFA :D

tony de wonderful 11 October 2010 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by fmp (Post 9645427)
Thanks for all the comments!

Sticker Bomb books are available through Amazon etc

Various urban artists etc have had thier work made into the stickers and put together in the books. So there is a ton of variety.

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/_oH9FjGtJI...er1%5B1%5D.jpg

Then as mentioned, just time and effort to make the final result.

That's even worse, you just bought it off the shelf as an act of consumption. If the stickers were somehow acquired independently - told some narrative, story - it would have some integrity as art.

As it is = fail.

fmp 11 October 2010 07:17 PM

The stickers in the books are all by genuine artists, so alot of them do have a story or meaning behind them.

I didnt apply any stickers i didnt like.

I dont see how its an act of consumption, and i dont understand how it offends you so much, that you have to try and be one of the 'old school cool' guys that hates anything that they dont like.

Not that the negative comments effect the final result.

tony de wonderful 11 October 2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by fmp (Post 9648724)
The stickers in the books are all by genuine artists, so alot of them do have a story or meaning behind them.

I didnt apply any stickers i didnt like.

I dont see how its an act of consumption, and i dont understand how it offends you so much, that you have to try and be one of the 'old school cool' guys that hates anything that they dont like.

Not that the negative comments effect the final result.

You bought a 'product', and it imitates something more authentic and organic; someone acquiring random stickers piecemeal, over time, and making a piece of art with them.

I know the aesthetic is the same but to me its fake.

Myles 11 October 2010 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful (Post 9648753)
You bought a 'product', and it imitates something more authentic and organic; someone acquiring random stickers piecemeal, over time, and making a piece of art with them.

I know the aesthetic is the same but to me its fake.

What a crock of sh1t. Others dont like it and have expressed their sentiments in their own 'style', but you have to put some arty spin on it. Who are you, Banksy?

Fat Boy 11 October 2010 10:08 PM

It looks like something my 4 year old did on a box in his bedroom, except he's now 5 and embarrassed by how childish it looks; since when has copying the Americans been cool FFS

File under kack alongside people who "slam" their cars and can't afford tyres wide enough to fit their wheels.

As for a 34 year old skater "dude" who can't spell or string a sentence together :rolleyes:

HTH

FB

bioforger 12 October 2010 12:21 AM

What he ^ said :lol1:

EH52WRX 12 October 2010 01:23 AM

Very nice :-)

scoobynewbie72 12 October 2010 01:29 AM

Someone has a sense of humour in Stoke, they called the skate park Pen Island (penis land)
says it all.

Che Grimm 12 October 2010 01:31 AM

We dont all at 30 get a beer gut Get the pipe and slppers out,some of us Still like to do something other than sat watchin x factor on a saturday night with a chinese and its good to have artistic flair. I know many sticker artist and have traveled the world due to this but you wouldnt understand......

Fat Boy 12 October 2010 01:44 PM

Actually sitting watching X Factor and eating a Chinese would probably represent a far higher level of artistic achievement and integrity...

Che Grimm 12 October 2010 03:35 PM

hmm ok.....well as a very very successful and respected tattoo artist my Artistic achievements are unquestionable... i love my job which not many people can say and teaching kids to skate at my local skatepark program i feel i have plenty of integrity. fat boy i always wondered if the rumours were true about subaru drivers being clueless chavs well seems you have let some of the side down.besides this were all meant to be here for the love of our 4Bangers?? oh one more thing...my mental age???? your the ones arguing about STICKERS!!! hahaha bet you lot were a nightmare doin swapsies lmfao!!!!

Fat Boy 12 October 2010 03:41 PM

Tattoo artist / Tramp stamp perpetrator. Your artistic genius must cast a long shadow...

Che Grimm 12 October 2010 03:51 PM

you should come check out my work fatboy at the next convention.....oh sorry its in new york......dirp!!!

Fat Boy 12 October 2010 03:57 PM

No need when its all over the web

http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/w...willjugeme.jpg

Got bored with New York many years ago after circa 50 visits

Che Grimm 12 October 2010 04:03 PM

you took time to find that out.....loser!