ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   How Do You Get Anti-Lag Or Where Do You Get It From (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/829433-how-do-you-get-anti-lag-or-where-do-you-get-it-from.html)

shaunyboyuk 30 April 2010 10:26 PM

Pops and banhgs can be created by runnig rich on over run

Budgie 30 April 2010 10:49 PM

here is mine
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...h_CIMG4862.jpg

faisal_scooby 03 November 2010 12:33 AM

whats a good software to use on the cpu to get anti lag?

jura11 03 November 2010 12:37 AM

No software,just aftermarket ECU and mapper(probably deep pocket)
And for ECU look at this few:Simtek,Autronic,GEMS,Link,Apexi PowerFC,Motec,Syvecs,Solaris

NEILB1 03 November 2010 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by HT04 (Post 9363766)
if you have to ask what it is,.. then you shouldnt get it !!!!!

dan

sorry. But i disagree we all new jack **** about this stuff and like all of us had to start somewhere. Nothing wrong with looking into what it is or does
i say if you want it get it

Zen1 03 November 2010 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by NEILB1 (Post 9691475)
sorry. But i disagree we all new jack **** about this stuff and like all of us had to start somewhere. Nothing wrong with looking into what it is or does
i say if you want it get it

Well said mate

Rob Day 03 November 2010 08:06 AM

Can this not be setup on switchable maps for the OP so he is not running AL full time?

I recall asking a mapper about the pros and cons of this sometime ago, and he said pretty much as stated above, no real gain with a lot to lose if components start to fail as a result of running it too much.

AL is just another gimic IMHO just like Over run, Aftermarket DV, Snorkus delete etc etc. All these don't really offer any performance enhancement but sound nice to some people. I found the DV's are chavvy and hinder performance, Snorkus delete reads up as a mod that now enable your car to suck in warm engine bay air and not cool air - so why bother? So if your chasing performance stay clear of these, where as mild over run reads up as doing nothing to hinder performance but you get the pops and bangs that you require which is assosiated with AL, so you big'ya'self up about it in the boozer.

HTH
Rob

faisal_scooby 06 November 2010 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 9691367)
And for ECU look at this few:Simtek,Autronic,GEMS,Link,Apexi PowerFC,Motec,Syvecs,Solaris

what do say is the best ecu to which to?:confused:

RA Dunk 06 November 2010 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by faisal_scooby (Post 9697037)

WTF?? :freak3:

f1_fan 06 November 2010 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by faisal_scooby (Post 9697037)

Enigma machine required!!!

faisal_scooby 07 November 2010 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by jura11 (Post 9691367)

what the best ECU switch to?

jd5217 07 November 2010 12:33 PM

depends on how deep your pockets are

Splitpin 07 November 2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by faisal_scooby (Post 9699126)

If you want help from us, it would be well worthwhile you reading the sticky at the top of the forum - in particular the bit about providing relevant information.

If you're after an aftermarket ECU, it would be helpful for us to know how much you have to spend and what sort of car/engine you're going to be putting it on. If you have a TD04 turbo-equipped UK car, or a twin scroll turbo equipped JDM model, or use your car on the road, anti-lag is an utter waste of money. If you're talking about a car you compete in, in some form or other, then that's a bit different. It would help us advise you if we knew that kind of thing.

As has already been said, if you want real, functional ALS, and actually use it, it will reduce your turbo working life by orders of magnitude, as well as causing increased wear and tear on your engine, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, clutch and transmission.

And that's on top of over a thousand quid by the time you've paid for installation and mapping on a tidy aftermarket ECU, if that's the way you decide to go. You may be able to get a semblance of ALS (or at least some noise for poncing around and scaring the neighbours) for less money via a remap of your OEM unit, but, again, without you telling us what you have, we don't know whether that option will be open to you.

faisal_scooby 07 November 2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Splitpin (Post 9699305)
If you want help from us, it would be well worthwhile you reading the sticky at the top of the forum - in particular the bit about providing relevant information.

If you're after an aftermarket ECU, it would be helpful for us to know how much you have to spend and what sort of car/engine you're going to be putting it on. If you have a TD04 turbo-equipped UK car, or a twin scroll turbo equipped JDM model, or use your car on the road, anti-lag is an utter waste of money. If you're talking about a car you compete in, in some form or other, then that's a bit different. It would help us advise you if we knew that kind of thing.

As has already been said, if you want real, functional ALS, and actually use it, it will reduce your turbo working life by orders of magnitude, as well as causing increased wear and tear on your engine, exhaust manifold, exhaust system, clutch and transmission.

And that's on top of over a thousand quid by the time you've paid for installation and mapping on a tidy aftermarket ECU, if that's the way you decide to go. You may be able to get a semblance of ALS (or at least some noise for poncing around and scaring the neighbours) for less money via a remap of your OEM unit, but, again, without you telling us what you have, we don't know whether that option will be open to you.

I hared you can switch a anti lag system on and off, So using anti lag now and then should not damage car, right?:confused:

wrx287 07 November 2010 04:32 PM

Id go for a pop and bang map rather than Anti-lag. They both have good and bad points though
ALS= Good,you can switch it off. Bad,it will ruin your turbo

Pop&bang= good,wont ruin the turbo, Bad,it cant be switched off.

niktiler 07 November 2010 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by faisal_scooby (Post 9699126)

Simtek all the way :thumb:

Jolly Green Monster 07 November 2010 07:52 PM

Simtek als FTW :)