ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Horrid experience last night. (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/804327-horrid-experience-last-night.html)

Lisawrx 10 December 2009 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by StickyMicky (Post 9092219)
What is the spray for?

Like a lube?

No, it's an anaesthetic, it should have numbed my throat. You don't get anything like that for the bum fun though. ;)

Moley 10 December 2009 01:54 PM

Like Lisa said down the throad is much worse. Nasty experience, and the throat spray doesn't seem to help much.

njkmrs 10 December 2009 02:38 PM

Just make sure if they are going in from both ends ,that they do the throat first ,just in case they are using the same probe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only had it down my throat ,after having the spray ,which does not work !!
Wretched like never before and the day after, my eyeballs were bloodshot to f*ck .!!!!

But get it done to make sure there are no other more serious issues .

TopBanana 10 December 2009 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by Lisawrx (Post 9092213)
Up the arse is not nice so to speak, but not really painful or unpleasant, without going into too much detail.

Can we keep this on-topic please :Whatever_

SirFozzalot 10 December 2009 06:02 PM

I had the camera down the throat which isn't nice it has to be said but it's not in there very long, all over in a couple of minutes, if that.

I had a sedative when I had it done. Didn't knock me out but makes you feel sleepy. Not sure if it helped much to be honest! :lol1:

Better to be safe though, I felt much better when it was diagnosed as "only" reflux and not something more sinister.

zip106 10 December 2009 06:33 PM

Cripes, you're a decrepit old bunch aintcha?

:)

alcazar 10 December 2009 07:05 PM

Yes:D

And I agree with the sentiments about the one up your nether orifice: NOT nice. Neither are barium enemas, or washouts:D :D

What was it that nurse said to me, "In a few minutes you'll want to go to the toilet. Don't fight it, just go".

THREE minutes later: "Oh, I feel like I need a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii it! Oh My GOD!!!" and I'm off and running. Literally:D

pikeywrx 11 December 2009 01:33 AM

Mate your not on your own for not going to docs. i havent been in 13 year Iv had a pain in my side for a year (its wierd) and i refuse to go to docs. It only hurts when i think about it tho lol. I put it down to excessive steds last year.

Cant advise you on your pain as never had to deal with anything like that. I do however remember my old man drinking some white chalky looking stuff when i was a kid. He was an alchie tho so dont know if that will help. lol

Funkii Munkii 11 December 2009 08:14 AM

Diet and execise !

You fat greedy ******* ;)

Leslie 11 December 2009 03:27 PM

I had the throat spray because as I said above I was not able to have the sedative. The initial insertion was the worst bit but with a swallow as they insert it the moment is very short and when the camera is actually being used in the oesophagus it did not bother me at all.

I would rather do that and then get the medication which sorts the problem than continue with the acid burn which will damage the oesophagus, and that can lead to very much worse!

Les

daddyscoob 13 December 2009 12:04 AM

Ok I'm a bit of a wuss but.....

camera from the rear :nono: not nice had it done didn't like it they said I had Diverticulitus and pollips. They said I'd have to go back be knocked out to get rid of the pollips.
Then they shoved the camera back up at which point I reached round pulled it out and told 'em ' you're not doing that again if you need to look again do it next time when I'm knocked out'.

That pales into insignificance compared to my down the throat experiance :freak3:

Three times I've had it !!!!!!! First time booked to have the sedative:thumb: however they say you can't drive etc etc after. Everyone before me when asked on the day said throat spray so I thought that'll do for me :thumb:

It was the worst thing I've ever suffered. My sister collected me as you shouldn't drive after the sedative..... Got into the car and she asked me 'what's wrong with your face'? Looked inthe mirror and had red splodges all over my face. Next day it was worse so went to my docs.
Turns out it was burst blood vessels under the skin caused by the violent gagging !!!!!

Second time went with the sedative and it wasn't strong enough. Everytime they pushed the camera in I pulled it back out. After a few tries they gave up. Third time I said whatever sh*t they use they need to give me plenty. It worked I didn't feel a thing.

One thing also unpleasant about reflux was they decided to moniter me for acid in the throat / osophegus for 24 hours. They shoved a tube into my nose down my throat which sat just above the valve intothe stomach and it was attatched to a recorder strapped round my waist and sent me home.
Went back next day and it was removed. Not nice.