ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   SUPPOSED Security problems with scoobynet (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/79714-supposed-security-problems-with-scoobynet.html)

Luke 20 March 2002 03:52 PM

If it comes to a "Ruck", I'm with Simon.

[Edited by Luke - 3/20/2002 4:17:09 PM]

Blow Dog 20 March 2002 05:00 PM

SIMON DOES ALL THIS FOR FREE AND IF HE STOPS SO DOES SCOOBYNET!

:rolleyes:

dosenöffner 20 March 2002 05:07 PM

LOL at Blowdog.

If only my site done for love had some of these sponsers banners ;)

Shaun 20 March 2002 06:10 PM

Oh yeah.....

And YOU REALLY KNOW how much it costs to keep Scoobynet up and running per month (just the server costs), and how much revenue is bought in by the banner advertisments (which is a CONSTANT exercise to keep the revenue)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ever heard of the phrase "BREAK EVEN"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't remark on subjects you know nothing about!!!!!! especially when people put SO MUCH time in for FREE.

ScoobyDoo555 20 March 2002 06:40 PM

"I am quickly getting very tired of this website."

Forgive me, but if that's the case, don't keep coming back!! [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

This type of message is totally pointless.... if there's grief, then keep it private.

I for one, unlike some people, really appreciate this website. I would like to thank not just Simon, but also the moderators for the stirling job they do - FOR FREE.

FFS - stop bitching!!!!!

oh no - being.......drawn.....to......muppetland....arrrrg h!!!!!!

"It's time to put on makeup....."

Dan

dosenöffner 20 March 2002 06:58 PM

I would like to "Break even".

Gold membership anyone? If there is really a financial issue do it instead of talking / moaning about it.

MorayMackenzie 20 March 2002 07:47 PM

Ian Watson

Re: "People get p1ssed off, but I would have thought that as long-term members it would have been more tactful to voice frustrations directly and not publically."

You are assuming that no effort has been made to sort things out offline in such cases. :rolleyes: Maybe you would care to read for yourself how things get "sorted out" offline before making such assumptions? Let me know if you do. :)

Moray
bbs.22b.com

johnfelstead 20 March 2002 08:04 PM

Thanks Simon for finding the time to respond.

Also thanks to the BBS users who apreciate what they have and on occasion say so, at times it really can feel like a thankless task being a moderator but the majority of the time it feels worthwhile.

Adam was good enough to reply again after seeing simons response, cant ask for more.

As to the income the banners supply to scoobynet, they allow it to stay up and running and provide a place for us all to hang out. I wish it was making Simon mega rich because then he would buy me a beer every once in a while rather than being a tight arse. ;):D LOL

Lets get some perspective here, this is a FREE to user BBS, does it matter if Simon makes money, breaks even or even makes a loss? Of course it doesnt, all we as users want is for the thing to stay up. I know it's none of my business how the BBS finances work, it's none of yours either IMHO.

Nate-old 20 March 2002 08:19 PM

here here !!