ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Who's got a degree ? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/793930-whos-got-a-degree.html)

andys 08 October 2009 03:47 PM

NMR Modeling and the Use of Cytochrome P450 BM3 in Chemical Synthesis

TelBoy 08 October 2009 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by bigsinky (Post 8986303)
you see!!! even a pass degree can get on in life. i suppose being a banker, you are pretty "economical" with the truth ;)

Hold on, i've just realised what you said :lol1:

Pass degree you cheeky sod :razz:

I didn't bother with all the fancy lettery bits at the beginning :thumb:

TelBoy 08 October 2009 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by andys (Post 8986609)
NMR Modeling and the Use of Cytochrome P450 BM3 in Chemical Synthesis

:notworthy

See what i mean? :D Doctorates, you've got to love them for their sheer impact :lol1:

Midlife...... 08 October 2009 03:49 PM

They are pretty meaningless in themselves but they came with the job of teaching dentistry in a teaching hospital........don't do that now though as I wasn't a gifted academic and left LOL

Shaun

andys 08 October 2009 03:51 PM

My wifes is even more obscure in Palentorology. The best bit is that I now work for an Oil comany and she runs clincal drug trials...

ChefDude 08 October 2009 03:53 PM

we should be now be able to profile the correlation between education and trollosity on this site!

:D

TelBoy 08 October 2009 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by andys (Post 8986617)
My wifes is even more obscure in Palentorology. The best bit is that I now work for an Oil comany and she runs clincal drug trials...

Palaeontology you mean? :Suspiciou

She'd get on with Bubba Po on here. Not a damn thing about dinosaurs and the like he doesn't know about :thumb:

And he saws wood for a living now :D

zip106 08 October 2009 05:39 PM

Left skule at 15 (I was 16 2 weeks later ;) ) got a YTS placement and carried on from there.
So, I consider myself to have a Degree in Life, and I've done OK.

*Most* people I've come across with a degree seem very clever in their chosen subject but don't seem to have any common sense!

Frosty The Snowman 08 October 2009 05:52 PM

Left school at 16 and have bumbled about doing accountancy of one form or another for the last 20 years.

Have now just started an OU degree in Physics, hopefully will be finished before they declassify the degrees into just a general BSc in Science.

Nothing to do with my job I have just always been interested in the subject, apart from at school where I just wanted to leave, and see where it takes me.

chocolate_o_brian 08 October 2009 06:19 PM

Left School with decent GSCE's and got a GNVQ Advanced Art & Design from college.

Currently working on NVQ level 2 for Mechanical Engineering, then level 3 next year, and the possibility to do a HND @ Uni one day a week. Then who knows? Depends if I get to where I want with or without Uni. Would be nice to have bragging rights for letters after my name (before or whatever), but if I can achieve a respectable wage without...

mickywrx 08 October 2009 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8986846)
Left School with decent GSCE's and got a GNVQ Advanced Art & Design from college.

Currently working on NVQ level 2 for Mechanical Engineering, then level 3 next year, and the possibility to do a HND @ Uni one day a week. Then who knows? Depends if I get to where I want with or without Uni. Would be nice to have bragging rights for letters after my name (before or whatever), but if I can achieve a respectable wage without...

Why do you want letters after your name? You've only just gotten rid of the last set,

DSS ;)

j4ckos mate 08 October 2009 06:32 PM

i didnt get a decree:lol1: i mean degree.

i dont think many honestly help other than show a persons ability to learn something.

a degree in paleaontolgy is a narrow sort of a degree, who wants to learn about ron hubbard anway:wonder:

Steve vRS 08 October 2009 06:33 PM

BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering, Leeds University

chocolate_o_brian 08 October 2009 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 8986850)
Why do you want letters after your name? You've only just gotten rid of the last set,

DSS ;)

I want to be pedantic in my retort, but I'll let you have you little victories Mick ;) :D

Janspeed 08 October 2009 07:03 PM

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...al_House-1.jpg

RJM25R 08 October 2009 08:54 PM

BEng electronics and electrical engineering.

And now I sell cars!

Go figure?

yoza 08 October 2009 09:10 PM

All you clever feckers, slapping your own backs, take a look at this.

Yeah you fookin know it.

Eat your hearts out.......

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/v...ertificate.jpg

Bravo2zero_sps 08 October 2009 09:13 PM

:lol1:

jods 08 October 2009 09:15 PM

I got a 1st in Punani Studies when at Hull in 1984

RoadPest 08 October 2009 09:16 PM

BSC (Hons) (CSU) ww2 Upt level 5 for the trains (PhD) English :(

hodgy0_2 08 October 2009 09:17 PM

meaningless without issuing institution

could have been printed on the internet

J4CKO 08 October 2009 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by yoza (Post 8987169)
All you clever feckers, slapping your own backs, take a look at this.

Yeah you fookin know it.

Eat your hearts out.......

Matteeboy is going to be well upset that you have defaced his award...

You didnt need to proove anything Yoza my old mate, we know you are speshul :D

Clarebabes 08 October 2009 09:24 PM

I got a degree, Business Administration BA (Hons). Didn't do me too much good, as I am now having to study an NVQ level 4 to get qualified in the job I do :rolleyes:

mickywrx 08 October 2009 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8986870)
I want to be pedantic in my retort, but I'll let you have you little victories Micky ;) :D

It was firmly "tongue in cheek", Andy. ;)

chocolate_o_brian 08 October 2009 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by mickywrx (Post 8987253)
It was firmly "tongue in cheek", Andy. ;)

i know, my family are all from ooop near you :freak3:

TurboKitty 08 October 2009 09:39 PM

Chemistry.

BSc (Hons) ARCS MRSC to be specific.

And I did the first two years (of three) of a PhD with a Biological Chemistry group before realising I was absolutely hating it and it wasn't what I wanted to be doing. (The project was on the Solid-Phase Synthesis of Aclacinomycin A. Aclac (as it was known for convenience) has anti-cancer properties).

I'm now considering taking an Open University MSc. The problem is that I can't decide between Psychology, IT or several other subjects. So many things interest me I haven't got enough lifetimes to study them all.

yoza 08 October 2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by TurboKitty (Post 8987265)
BSc (Hons) ARCS MRSC PhD with a Biological Chemistry Solid-Phase Synthesis of Aclacinomycin A. Aclac Open University MSc.Psychology

Thats a different language to me, all I can see is Blah, Blah, Blah.... you must be very interlectual, well done, and good for you.

mickywrx 08 October 2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8987258)

i know, my family are all from ooop near you :freak3:

Like you wish you were. But, alas, you're stuck drinking the Humber as tap water. :p Or whatever drain supplies Scunny. :D

hodgy0_2 08 October 2009 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by yoza (Post 8987298)
Thats a different language to me, all I can see is Blah, Blah, Blah.... you must be very interlectual, well done, and good for you.

all i think is -- big tits?

Clarebabes 08 October 2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2 (Post 8987314)
all i think is -- big tits?

I'm thinking...... twit :)