ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Which one would you choose.(warning watch related) (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/786059-which-one-would-you-choose-warning-watch-related.html)

Leslie 27 August 2009 02:16 PM

I prefer the one with the blue face.

Les :)

stilover 27 August 2009 02:53 PM

Breitlings always look better with leather straps IMHO.

Got a Navitimer World. Black face, Black leather strap with white stitching.

Not too keen on the Bentley range TBH.

RJM25R 27 August 2009 08:13 PM

I love Breitling for Bentley, but the Rolex is something else.

Bring on the Panerai!

mamoon2 27 August 2009 08:20 PM

Yoza, If you don't mind me asking what GFV (after 3 years) did the finance company give you on the GTR.

Rolex, is by far the nicest of that bunch. Although I am biased, I don't like Breitlings with steel straps

yoza 27 August 2009 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by mamoon2 (Post 8907012)
Yoza, If you don't mind me asking what GFV (after 3 years) did the finance company give you on the GTR.

Rolex, is by far the nicest of that bunch. Although I am biased, I don't like Breitlings with steel straps

Sorry havent the faintest idea what GFV is. :confused:

Devildog 27 August 2009 08:51 PM

Guaranteed future value I suspect

yoza 27 August 2009 08:55 PM

I dont recall ticking that box, who cares anyway.

I could be dead in 12 months.

moneys 27 August 2009 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by yoza (Post 8905320)
Steve, most of it belongs to a finance company.. :)

is it your name on the log book though? ive only ever saw you in the battle bus lately.

do you ever sell any of your watches?

Simon C 27 August 2009 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by G00ner (Post 8905394)
I prefer the Ball to all three, with the Roley coming in a close second. :D

Snap.

Deep Singh 27 August 2009 10:25 PM

Don't like either of the Breitlings. I can also imagine people saying 'oh, so do you have a Bentley then?' And having to say 'no, just the associated watch'

yoza 28 August 2009 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by moneys (Post 8907214)
is it your name on the log book though? ive only ever saw you in the battle bus lately.

do you ever sell any of your watches?

Of course my name is on the log book...LOL.

I am not likely to use it for work, you use the carparks, you see what goes on.:eek:

BattleBus....I prefer BangBus. :)

As for selling watches, yes I do, none for sale at the moment though.

Gav 28 August 2009 09:03 AM

As a Montbrilliant Daytora owner i'm biassed towards the Breitlings but i'm not a fan of the Bentley versions. Do you not fancy a Jeager Yoza? I love the Master Compressor Geographic:notworthy

Next on the hitlist for me is a Milgauss, i've got a friend who lives in Abu Dhabi who's going to look for a green glass version for me:)

yoza 28 August 2009 05:58 PM

I didnt like the Milgauss as it didnt have a date and was a bit plain, but it has grown on me.

I think its a nice dress watch, and the green crystal is striking, I also like the engineering involved in making it anti-magnetic, the double case is cleverly made.

Here is a shot of my SDDS next to one (belonging to friend), note its size.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv204/mybin/mil2.jpg

Gav 01 September 2009 12:07 PM

Farking hell how big is that:eek:

I've still not seen the green glass one yet and i do like the normal glass/black dial combo so if i get the green one and don't like it i can always sell it on:)

Simon 69 01 September 2009 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by yoza (Post 8908953)
I didnt like the Milgauss as it didnt have a date and was a bit plain, but it has grown on me.

The bottom seems to have dropped out of Milgausses, doesnt it? I was surprised to see two new pieces for sale in a Jewellers window last week!

Gav 01 September 2009 12:38 PM

They are pretty common, my local AD has two in. One with a white dial and one with a black dial. The green glass versions are still in high demand though!!

:)

yoza 01 September 2009 07:04 PM

The green sapphire glass model known as (the 116400 GV) was being sold at three times its suggested retail price.

The Rolex Milgauss' main feature is its resistance to magnetism.

The word Milgauss is derived from the French word mille, which means one-thousand, and gauss, the unit of the magnetic field.

The Rolex Milgauss is able to resist a magnetic field of 1,000 Gauss. :eek:

A watch is normally considered "antimagnetic" if it can ignore 60 gauss, or 1/17th of what the Rolex Milgauss is rated for.

Rolex was able to achieve the 1000 Gauss rating by encasing the movement in soft iron, which is known as a Faraday cage and using Parachrom-Blu for the hairspring material.

While the watch was built to resist magnestism, I believe that this feature has much less to do with its popularity than the distinctive one off sapphire green glass.

The one with the sapphire green glass is defonately the one to have. ;)

The Green shaphire glass does not have the Rolex crown etched under it at six o'clock, and the reason the model was in short supply was that Rolex had issues with the crystal manufacture, and I believe that is why they didnt etch the crystal.

If you place a GV against a std white or black face Milgauss the extra money/wait is worthwhile.

Simon 69 01 September 2009 07:43 PM

Mmmm. One of the two appeared to have a green tinge to the crystal... I'll be keeping the location to myself on the off chance that its a GV (unlikely though, I think).

The 'soft iron' may act as a Faraday cage, but a Faraday cage is usually that: cage-like.

yoza 01 September 2009 07:56 PM

When you remove the case back you are presented with another case back which is the farraday cage.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/v...bin/double.jpg

The B (and arrow) on the inner case back stands for magnetic flux density, just incase you were wondering.. :)

Gav 02 September 2009 09:23 AM

Not seen the inside before, me likey:D

I like watches that are a bit different to the norm, and the Milgauss is certainly that:thumb: