ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Member's Gallery (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/)
-   -   My new brakes - Porsche style!! (https://www.scoobynet.com/members-gallery-5/785223-my-new-brakes-porsche-style.html)

ozzreid1964 30 August 2009 08:54 PM

looks absolutely stunning m8:thumb:

djmisio85 31 August 2009 07:13 AM

Is this car an STi or just a v-limted?

Porsche brakes look great by the way :thumb:

Trout 31 August 2009 12:49 PM

I have them on my car ;)

Having had Porsche Brakes and AP 6-pots I have to say I would very slightly prefer the APs - they give me more confidence.

The Porsche Brakes are VERY good I am just stating my preference. The biggest issue with the GT3 brakes on a Porsche are the disks which this kit resolves.

And aren't Porsche calipers made by Brembo? Just thought I had heard that somewhere!

simb 2 31 August 2009 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by KJD Mk1 (Post 8912672)
Quality:cool:

They look fantastic.:thumb:

Thanks Kev:thumb:

Originally Posted by djmisio85 (Post 8913181)
Is this car an STi or just a v-limted?

Porsche brakes look great by the way :thumb:

It is both mate STi V-Ltd:thumb:

Originally Posted by ozzreid1964 (Post 8912688)
looks absolutely stunning m8:thumb:

Thanks Oz:thumb:

simb 2 31 August 2009 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Trout (Post 8913539)
I have them on my car ;)

Having had Porsche Brakes and AP 6-pots I have to say I would very slightly prefer the APs - they give me more confidence.

The Porsche Brakes are VERY good I am just stating my preference. The biggest issue with the GT3 brakes on a Porsche are the disks which this kit resolves.

And aren't Porsche calipers made by Brembo? Just thought I had heard that somewhere!

They are Brembo mate with A/P discs, a bit of both:D, can't fault them so far:thumb:

Si

ryan33hks 31 August 2009 02:29 PM

They are awesome Si !! Look even better in real life aswell.

Trap2Terrorist 31 August 2009 03:05 PM

:)

simb 2 31 August 2009 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by ryan33hks (Post 8913670)
They are awesome Si !! Look even better in real life aswell.

Originally Posted by Trap2Terrorist (Post 8913711)
:)

Cheers boys:thumb:

mervil 03 September 2009 09:30 PM

Awesome brakes Si :) I'd leave the Porsche on them, look the nuts!!

Fangoria 07 September 2009 02:23 PM

I have the same set up
Arent the Porsche Calipers a one piece Cermamic jobby
Main issue I have is that I still find it very easy to warp the discs - as I did on AP 4 Pots - I'm thinking its the pad material (Pagid Blacks - this material doesnt seem to to wear very much on track so probably just eats the discs)

Have you looked into who else can provide the pad material yet as these are kind of a one of powerstation kit arent they?

I have just had to change the brake bias valve - more to the rear as with these I was getting the car to stand on its nose or slide the rears when I slammed the brakes on hard

Going to see how easy it is to fit AP 4 pots on the rear and see if I can get some cooling to the front to stop the discs overheating so easily

Did you have to fit spacers with the wheels for this set up? as I have 3mm spacers on mine as the Calipers are so big..

grahamc 07 September 2009 02:38 PM

I had Pagid discs and pads (they were supposed to be sold as a set and supposed to complement each other) - after the intial run-in all was good, then one track day and the discs were destroyed, hotspots warped, etc. Turns out they were not so good for each other...

Back to the porsche brakes... I like the look of them (massive), however, I am not a fan of them saying porsche, really should have changed this, IMO.

simb 2 07 September 2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 8920272)
Awesome brakes Si :) I'd leave the Porsche on them, look the nuts!!

Cheers Merv:thumb:

Originally Posted by Fangoria (Post 8926766)
I have the same set up
Arent the Porsche Calipers a one piece Cermamic jobby
Main issue I have is that I still find it very easy to warp the discs - as I did on AP 4 Pots - I'm thinking its the pad material (Pagid Blacks - this material doesnt seem to to wear very much on track so probably just eats the discs)

Have you looked into who else can provide the pad material yet as these are kind of a one of powerstation kit arent they?

I have just had to change the brake bias valve - more to the rear as with these I was getting the car to stand on its nose or slide the rears when I slammed the brakes on hard

Going to see how easy it is to fit AP 4 pots on the rear and see if I can get some cooling to the front to stop the discs overheating so easily

Did you have to fit spacers with the wheels for this set up? as I have 3mm spacers on mine as the Calipers are so big..

Not looked into pads yet as still alot of life left in them. I did require 3mm spacers to get them to fit though due to the size:D

Originally Posted by grahamc (Post 8926792)
I had Pagid discs and pads (they were supposed to be sold as a set and supposed to complement each other) - after the intial run-in all was good, then one track day and the discs were destroyed, hotspots warped, etc. Turns out they were not so good for each other...

Back to the porsche brakes... I like the look of them (massive), however, I am not a fan of them saying porsche, really should have changed this, IMO.

All seems to be good with the pads at present, need to keep an eye on the discs as they have seen track days before they came to me. More will be clear when they are used more and harder miles are done.

Si