ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Arsenal Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782463-the-2009-2010-arsenal-thread.html)

Funkii Munkii 15 August 2009 05:52 AM

Read it here yesterday
Who is Arsène Wenger? Frenchman reveals answer | Arsenal - Times Online

I like Wenger even though he lie's out of his Arse from time to time and loses it now and then, but the greats do, he's an intelligent and witty guy

rob 666 15 August 2009 07:26 PM

not a bad start to the season imho:D

STi wanna Subaru 15 August 2009 08:12 PM

Defence looks dodgy to me.

DaveBeck 15 August 2009 09:21 PM

Enjoyed looking at the score on my phone today. Gutted that **** ade scored on his debut for city. How did the defence look dodgey? From what i read they hardly got a shot off

Mifo 15 August 2009 09:34 PM

Not bad for a selling club :rolleyes:

garetgax 15 August 2009 10:57 PM

defence didnt look dodgy at all quite the opposite vermaelen was commanding in the air,calm strong, quick and add to that can head the ball offensively for set pieces (he scored on his debut) cant beleive I was slating denilson again for his lack of quality when striking at goal and then he goes and socres a goal like that. Good posative start. Song is defo starting to look the part in the defensive screen role.

DaveBeck 15 August 2009 11:06 PM

Looking forward to replay but when we play well we kick ass. I thought today was going to be nails, will have to see how we play against the defensive, counter-attack teams like hull, stoke. Its a great way for the players to support the boss when people are questioning. Gutted we let a goal in and arshavin didn't score. Didn't do my dream team boy good lol.

STi wanna Subaru 15 August 2009 11:29 PM

It was a joke you oversensitive shandy pants! ;)

AbbasSTI 15 August 2009 11:35 PM

I was watching the match live but with foreign commentary, does anyone know why Fabregas celebrated his second goal by lifting someone else's shirt and who he was dedicating the goal to?

Will 15 August 2009 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by brownface (Post 8883793)
I was watching the match live but with foreign commentary, does anyone know why Fabregas celebrated his second goal by lifting someone else's shirt and who he was dedicating the goal to?

He was letting everyone know that he is a shirt lifter :D

Bravo2zero_sps 16 August 2009 12:21 AM

Surprised me today and was very impressed watching MOD :cool: Seeing both centre backs score from set pieces was very refreshing as was Denilson's stunner.

Still think we need more cover in defense but what a way to start the season :smug:

Bravo2zero_sps 16 August 2009 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by brownface (Post 8883793)
does anyone know why Fabregas celebrated his second goal by lifting someone else's shirt and who he was dedicating the goal to?

It was a tribute to Espanol's captain who died recently from a heart attack.

AbbasSTI 16 August 2009 01:04 PM

cheers ************** :thumb:
What do you lot think about Eboue to Barca?
I think we should keep him, if only for his dancing skills. He didn't start yesterday but as the players were coming out he was there giving Hi 5's and jeering them up and I think he is good for team morale. Also extremely versatile I remember him having a good game as left back in the CL last year and obviously a world class right back and can do a job on the wing.

DaveBeck 16 August 2009 02:07 PM

I think he's a dirty player but since he was booed off i think he is a different player. Very direct. Defo need to keep him as he is versatile as you say.

garetgax 16 August 2009 03:01 PM

jury's out, he can be very wasteful and for such a big strong bloke he goes down like an impression of reyes. On the posatives he has turned things around and is a god last 15-20 and I dont think we should let anyone go. now if the kalou roomours had been true then yes possibly it would have been sensible to let him go or the proposed deal with melo also would have bee good.

Bravo2zero_sps 19 August 2009 01:07 PM

I've got to say from the 2 games so far Vermaelen is looking real class in defence. I will hold my hand up and admit I thought he was a bad buy due to his lack of height for defending in the Premiership but even if that does come up occasionally it will be worth it as his defensive work has been superb so far and long may it continue. He showed real pace last night to get back and block passes and tackled well. His defending in the last 2 games have certainly been something we have been missing for some time so a definite improvement in defence. Just wish we had some equally good cover in case him or Gallas get injured!

Gav 19 August 2009 02:03 PM

You got lucky last night and you know it:p

Bravo2zero_sps 19 August 2009 02:12 PM

Nope :p If Celtic hadn't put into their own net our player was right behind him to score (although it was Bendtner so I am asking a lot there).

The first was lucky but then we haven't had any luck for a long time so no different to others having luck at times. We also could have stepped up a gear or two had we not been a goal up at half time.

jasey 19 August 2009 03:29 PM

At least we don't need what used to be known as "Man Utd time" and is now known as "Chelski Time".

You know - the time added at the end of games to allow them to score :thumb::D

DaveBeck 19 August 2009 04:47 PM

Didnt see match as was at hospital but from what ive read/heard(including from Celtic manager) we were good for the result.
To go to Celtic and get a result in Europe is a great result in my eyes.

Agree im happy with the new lad. very promising. But as you say we need cover. im praying Wenger hasnt looked at these games and thought everything was roses and doesnt buy. We need Hangeland imo. 3 good defenders then.

Whats happening with Senderos? havent sen him play have i??

DaveBeck 19 August 2009 09:19 PM

Anyone watching the CL match? Gilberto looks like a diff player. really gone down hill

DaveBeck 21 August 2009 05:02 PM

BTTT ;)

pauld37 21 August 2009 05:16 PM

:Whatever_

AbbasSTI 22 August 2009 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by DaveBeck (Post 8890448)
#

Agree im happy with the new lad. very promising. But as you say we need cover. im praying Wenger hasnt looked at these games and thought everything was roses and doesnt buy. We need Hangeland imo. 3 good defenders then.

Whats happening with Senderos? havent sen him play have i??

Senderos has a year left on his contract and I think Arsene wants some money for him now rather than letting him go for free later. He played in a friendly recently against SC Columbia. If he goes we still have Silvestre, Djourou and Song as cover if needed.

I am getting a bit worried about RVP, apart from the nice ball played through for Cesc against Everton I can't remember him doing much at all in the 1st 2 serious games. :(

DaveBeck 22 August 2009 01:33 PM

Dont you worry about the dutch magician ;)

Im thinking a good 3 goals past a wiltering Pompey today

DaveBeck 22 August 2009 10:05 PM

Top of the league :D

Fat Boy 23 August 2009 08:35 AM

Pah. You'll never win anything with kids - never worked for us ;)

P1Fanatic 23 August 2009 10:09 AM

I had to chuckle at Gallas' goal - that took some serious skill to trick the keeper into thinking he was going to shoot, chip it up and then header (or was that chin) :)

Simon

DaveBeck 23 August 2009 10:43 AM

On a serious note, how many times did Pompey get in behind us?? Against teams like mancs, chelski and pool with not miss the 3 easy chances they had

AbbasSTI 23 August 2009 11:45 AM

United were the same against Wigan, Foster made some good saves and Wigan had lots of good chances. Song was having a rest yesterday but when he is in buffering the defence we should be much more solid.

Also Scholes should have been sent off while it was still 0-0 and the FA need to give Vidic some retrospective punishment for slapping Rodallega. Cheating basterds