ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Sport (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/)
-   -   The 2009-2010 Man United Thread (https://www.scoobynet.com/sport-35/782460-the-2009-2010-man-united-thread.html)

STi wanna Subaru 16 August 2009 04:59 PM

Stuttering performance from United. Tempo was very slow. Will take a win happily though. The ref was rubbish.

Funkii Munkii 17 August 2009 01:11 AM

Fletcher :rolleyes:

Not a fan, never have been, just a token sweaty.

SAF needs to buy another centre half cant rely on Evans and O'Shea as cover.

STi wanna Subaru 17 August 2009 08:45 AM

Fletcher is great at getting around the pitch but the problem United have at the mo is there isn't a automatic first choice central mid pairing.

Centre back is an area United are quite well covered really. Brown is back as well don't forget. Not many teams have 5 players who can play there. There's also Cathcart who's a young CB.

Funkii Munkii 17 August 2009 08:57 AM

Yeah so can Gary Nev lol

You're not wrong about the central midfield pairing, you could also argue that Park is great at getting around the pitch ;) Anderson would have to be one of the pairing when fit. Fletcher gives the ball away cheaply far too often.

STi wanna Subaru 17 August 2009 09:30 AM

Fletch is a better version of Park. He's there to let others play which when you had Rooney, Tevez and Ronaldo is fair enough but once you lose your major destructive force ala Ronnie then you need that creativity to come from the midfield. Anderson needs to show progress again this season. He's the potential to be a top player.

I still love seeing scholes do those little chop passes which ping the ball across the pitch just above head height with pace.

hughes741 17 August 2009 12:02 PM

for me i would have carrick/anderson and hargreaves (if he ever gets fit)

STi wanna Subaru 17 August 2009 12:11 PM

Hargreaves would be a certain starter for me as well but I've discounted him until he proves he's anything like fit.

Gav 17 August 2009 12:35 PM

I've said it before and i'll say it again. Fletcher is a great player and does his job in the team very well, he's great at stopping play and distributing to forward players. Anderson for me is going to be world class:)

Funkii Munkii 17 August 2009 01:53 PM

I can only agree with half that sentence ;)

Gav 19 August 2009 08:44 PM

Well we've been playing sh!t first half and very fragile at the back. Not quite sure why Carrick took the penalty, Rooney should have had it:confused:

DJ Dunk 19 August 2009 09:43 PM

Brian Jensen :notworthy

chocolate_o_brian 19 August 2009 09:45 PM

And so the scousers cameth ;) :D

Weird when one set of fans is more obsessed with your team than their own :p

DJ Dunk 19 August 2009 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8891076)
And so the scousers cameth ;) :D

Weird when one set of fans is more obsessed with your team than their own :p

You've looked at the Liverpool thread, right? How many Mancs on there? :p

Jensen deserves a lot of credit.

Gav 19 August 2009 09:49 PM

So were one nil down and you bring Gary Nevile on???????

WTF did Park do too? He is fcuking gash...:(

chocolate_o_brian 19 August 2009 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by DJ Dunk (Post 8891083)
You've looked at the Liverpool thread, right? :p

Jensen deserves a lot of credit.

No, no I haven't as I'm not obsessed with Liverpool :p :D

richie001 19 August 2009 11:02 PM

BURNLEY :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

FlightMan 19 August 2009 11:03 PM

:lol:

Funkii Munkii 19 August 2009 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 8891089)
WTF did Park do too? ..:(

He was that bad tonight he makes Fletcher look World Class.

Shocking

No penetration no guile no class

And who's stupid idea was it to give the Pen duties to Carrick ? to laid back to take pens, Rooney is you man for the pens or Anderson.

Shocking challenge by Rooney at the end, unacceptable but I guess he was totally frustrated with the fact that only he and Giggs were doing all the work.

We need a Centre Half, Midfield enforcer (never replaced Keane but got away with it for years), World Class striker, lol a spine.

It's not a knee jerk reaction but if they carry on in that frame of mind they will win f*ck all this season.

Funkii Munkii 19 August 2009 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by richie001 (Post 8891284)
Burnley :lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1::lol1:

Remind me how did Chelsea get on last time they played Burnley ? a mere 10 months ago at the Bridge ?
FAIL

Tool :hjtwofing

:D:D

STi wanna Subaru 20 August 2009 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Funkii Munkii (Post 8891300)
He was that bad tonight he makes Fletcher look World Class.

Shocking

No penetration no guile no class

And who's stupid idea was it to give the Pen duties to Carrick ? to laid back to take pens, Rooney is you man for the pens or Anderson.

Shocking challenge by Rooney at the end, unacceptable but I guess he was totally frustrated with the fact that only he and Giggs were doing all the work.

We need a Centre Half, Midfield enforcer (never replaced Keane but got away with it for years), World Class striker, lol a spine.

It's not a knee jerk reaction but if they carry on in that frame of mind they will win f*ck all this season.

Park is wank... me and Gav are blue in the face saying that. We need Hargreaves back as the midfield general. He's the one who would have taken that mantel. Fergie messed up tonight. He doesn't know his best XI and he's mixing and matching to keep players happy. It's almost like Rafa....

I still say drop a 40 mil bid in for Cesc.

Funkii Munkii 20 August 2009 12:41 AM

No place for either Park or Fletcher, Brown looked crap as well.

I think he'll open the wallet by the end of Aug

Maybe it's a good thing losing so early the wake up call they need, before the window shuts. Yes Cesc would be nice but hardly the type of midfielder we require.

Bravo2zero_sps 20 August 2009 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru (Post 8891397)
I still say drop a 40 mil bid in for Cesc.

Dream on :p :lol1: Only team he will leave Arsenal for is Barca and can't blame him for that as they are the best team in the World currently. He wont be going this season anyway especially now being cup tied for the CL.

FlightMan 20 August 2009 10:00 AM

http://captaingrooviss.co.uk/images/Mjones.jpg

Funkii Munkii 20 August 2009 10:33 AM

LOL were not Liverpool, at least we only started moaning after the 2nd game rather than the 1st :lol1:

chris1scouser 20 August 2009 06:18 PM

Class

Originally Posted by Gav (Post 8886187)
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Fletcher is a great player and does his job in the team very well, he's great at stopping play and distributing to forward players. Anderson for me is going to be world class:)

Anderson world class, thats the same as saying Ryan Babel is:lol1:

Gav 21 August 2009 04:23 PM

You missed the word GOING to be class:p

G-string 22 August 2009 02:46 AM

Anderson is still young but i dont think he will make it.

TonyBurns 23 August 2009 10:21 AM

Anyway I think that our 0-5 victory at Wigan was pretty good ;) yes im always a bit scared at the beginning of the season when playing the new boys in the league, they always have something to prove (as hull did last season and they kept the big boys tied up for a few months!) so better play, need to improve in defence though but though that Foster had a damn good game, was beginning to lose a bit of faith in his ability :(
oh and nice to see Owen score :D not bad for a freebee!

Tony:)

Funkii Munkii 23 August 2009 11:01 AM

I'll take a small slither of the old humble pie and say it was the best performance I have seen from Fletcher. But it was Wigan, so only a very small slice, Berba actually looked like he was up for it as well which is encouraging.

STi wanna Subaru 23 August 2009 12:06 PM

Berbatov is the one who's starting to make United tick in the final 3rd. Rooney is great going deeper and switching play then getting himself into the box. Berbatov is very difficult to get the ball off and is great at threading little through balls. It's the wings where United need to get more from at the mo but I was pleased he had 2 attacking players wide yesterday and Park was in the stands. defence aint looking as assured as I'd like just yet.