ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Traffic Cops Beeb1 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/765948-traffic-cops-beeb1.html)

NotoriousREV 15 May 2009 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8704505)
No.

i have seen a fiesta on its roof doing no more than 20 when it happened, all it takes is an impact in the right place!

Not on it's roof, on the roof of a bleedin' house having cleared an 18ft fence!

GC8WRX 15 May 2009 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 8704537)
Not on it's roof, on the roof of a bleedin' house having cleared an 18ft fence!

Really? fcuk me..................:eek:

ok that makes it a slightly different!:lol1:

NotoriousREV 15 May 2009 12:44 PM

Strictly speaking, it was a bungalow and it then fell off onto their driveway but you get my drift.

davyboy 15 May 2009 12:50 PM

LOL - nice input from someone who didn't see it!

The fact it cleared a 10 foot fence without even touching it.......and then landing on the roof some 10 meters away from the fence!

GC8WRX 15 May 2009 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by davyboy (Post 8704555)
LOL - nice input from someone who didn't see it!

The fact it cleared a 10 foot fence without even touching it.......and then landing on the roof some 10 meters away from the fence!

Fair point, i saw some of it but must have either turned over or fell asleep, dont remember seeing a civic on a house roof, maybe i should pay more attention:lol1:

As usual with me, bull in a china shop!;)

speedking 15 May 2009 01:15 PM

So a kid in a Nova sees me round a sharp bend at below the speed limit. He fails to make the bend.

Should I be done for dangerous driving?

At any time the Civic driver could have backed off. IMO he is solely responsible for the crash. The other driver could have been done for lying to police etc., but I didn't see sufficient evidence for any driving related offence.

Leslie 15 May 2009 03:05 PM

I did not see the programme, but from what I can infer from the posts, Felix is quite right about taking the other driver in for questioning.

SSup's views are also quite correct.

Les

jonc 15 May 2009 03:52 PM

Have a quick watch:
BBC iPlayer - Traffic Cops: Cheating Death

pnbond007 15 May 2009 05:13 PM

I guess what the programme did show was that you can get in an awful mess by putting your foot down.
One thing it did do for me was made me think even more about having a safe blast around the twisties, you never know whats around the corner..

dunx 15 May 2009 05:41 PM

Although a repeat it is a good reminder of how close we can all get to a mistake of such proportions....

dunx

Mark1983 15 May 2009 05:44 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e6...ies/VTEC-1.jpg

Lisawrx 15 May 2009 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by speedking (Post 8704608)
So a kid in a Nova sees me round a sharp bend at below the speed limit. He fails to make the bend.

Should I be done for dangerous driving?

At any time the Civic driver could have backed off. IMO he is solely responsible for the crash. The other driver could have been done for lying to police etc., but I didn't see sufficient evidence for any driving related offence.

Tbf, we don't know what he may have admitted to later, after being found to have already lied. Not to mention, combining that with the fact in one village the bmw was behind the honda, by another village,it was then in front, then for the accident to have happened further away, I think it's clear something was probably going on between the two.

If the bmw driver was completely blameless, and hadn't been committing some offence, then why make an anonymous call, and then lie to the police later, why not ring for help just saying you'd witnessed an accident? I can't see any reason to cover things up, if you have done nothing wrong.