ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Southern (England) (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/)
-   -   **** HERTS/MSOC 24th MAY MEET **** (https://www.scoobynet.com/southern-england-22/764888-herts-msoc-24th-may-meet.html)

JonMc 18 May 2009 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by M444GY (Post 8711258)
lol

what rounded bolts and knuckle skin:D

Only when Ricky gets involved:lol1:

M444GY 18 May 2009 08:34 PM

lol:D

alex_00s 19 May 2009 12:34 PM

There's more scoobys round Herts than this come on guys & gals dont be shy! ;)

1. alex_00s
2. scooby fleckers
3. ChalkiePete
4. Scooby2004Lee
5. Bspoke53
6. t7srt (Dave)
7. dazza80
8. WOZA
9. alloy

M444GY 19 May 2009 09:04 PM

9 is pretty good for a first meet :)

alex_00s 19 May 2009 10:16 PM

Definately, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone :beer:

Just some nights I'm laying in bed trying to fall asleep and all I hear is Scoobys rawing back and forth... actually second thought thats probably just one guy with too much time on his hands, lol

t7srt 19 May 2009 10:48 PM

Looking forward to this too, my first real scooby meet since i had the car (1 1/2 years)

Alex, got your PM, I'll meet you in the BP @ south mimms at 1pm,, anyone else want to meet there?

alex_00s 19 May 2009 11:12 PM

Nice one Dave :thumb:

1 1/2 yrs and this is your 1st Scooby meet?? :eek:

WARNING - they are addictive! :p

M444GY 20 May 2009 09:38 PM

lol u guys are mad :freak3:

lack of sleep scooby dreams secret meets . u have the bug

scoobyfleckers 20 May 2009 10:35 PM

hello guys i was wondering if anyone had a dump valve for a 1999 2000awd that was for sale cos i would like to have it off someone who is going to the meet just wondering lol

t7srt 21 May 2009 01:43 AM

Alright mate, is it a standard one you are after? if so i have one you can have.

t7srt 23 May 2009 10:25 PM

See you all there tommorow guys

t7srt 23 May 2009 10:31 PM

Oh, If you see me in this
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...5/DSC_0053.jpg

Please come and say hello, I'm shy

M444GY 25 May 2009 09:41 PM

how did it go then guys ?????

alex_00s 27 May 2009 12:09 PM

It was a good :)

I lead on the way to the MSOC meet and lead everyone the back and forth trying to find the Battle of Britain pub... I was looking out for a pub on the side of the road and that place was well hidden... but we got there in the end which was the main thing ;)

Was good meeting the MSOC guys! I got us to the duckpond car park at 2pm, didnt realise you met there earlier, next time will aim to be there for about 1pm or whenever the meeting time is and go for the drive b4 the meet up at BOB :thumb:

The Herts meet was good, apart from the ones that went to it from the MSOC meet, there were two other newbies that turned up which was nice.

Next month (and there on) the Herts meet will be on the last Sunday of the month.

I got pics, but need to pull my ginger out and up load, mite have a go at it this weekend.

M444GY 27 May 2009 09:08 PM

cool coool :thumb:

dazza80 29 May 2009 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by alex_00s (Post 8728320)
It was a good :)

I lead on the way to the MSOC meet and lead everyone the back and forth trying to find the Battle of Britain pub... I was looking out for a pub on the side of the road and that place was well hidden... but we got there in the end which was the main thing ;)

Was good meeting the MSOC guys! I got us to the duckpond car park at 2pm, didnt realise you met there earlier, next time will aim to be there for about 1pm or whenever the meeting time is and go for the drive b4 the meet up at BOB :thumb:

The Herts meet was good, apart from the ones that went to it from the MSOC meet, there were two other newbies that turned up which was nice.

Next month (and there on) the Herts meet will be on the last Sunday of the month.

I got pics, but need to pull my ginger out and up load, mite have a go at it this weekend.

i was a newbie:luxhello: was nice to meet you boys for a drink, will defo meet up with you all at the next one:thumb:
cheers for setting it up alex top man:thumb:

SCOTT1E 30 May 2009 11:04 AM

I'm a newbie, and will be attending the next Herts meet. I'm over in Hatfield.
Bit confused, whats the venue of the Herts meet?

I normally attend the ESC meet, ist sat of every month.

Scotty.

alex_00s 30 May 2009 11:36 AM

Glad you made it down Dazza! :thumb:

Scotty - from now on the Herts meet will be the last Sunday of the month at 2pm. The location of the venue is on the top of page one of this thread... its the Red Lion Pub in Welwyn, but there are a couple so make sure you get the right one :lol1:

Check the postcode... failing that I can meet you in Hatfield somewhere you know and you can follow me there next time :cool:

t7srt 31 May 2009 12:54 AM

Scottie, you must make sure 100% Alex knows the way before anyone follows him:lol1:

ruislip 31 May 2009 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by t7srt (Post 8735529)
Scottie, you must make sure 100% Alex knows the way before anyone follows him:lol1:

Seeing as you Herts lot were supposed to meet us at 1pm last Sunday and were nowhere in site, i agree...! :D:hjtwofing

SCOTT1E 31 May 2009 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by t7srt (Post 8735529)

I know where the pub is, so no need to follow alex, :lol1:.

Will be looking forward to this. Seems alot less people compared to the ESC meets, but thats better as i suppose everyone mix's alot more, rather than there being loads of different groups of people.

Do we indulge in a pub lunch as well i presume?

Scotty.

b 11omo 31 May 2009 06:31 PM

Hi fellas, I'm a new lad to this whole internet and forum type thing but I have a 03 Red WRX with full pro drive kit, Ricky stopped me in the white WRX and told me about you guys so i have come over to my friends house so she can write this for me and help me into finding where and when you guys meet. :D

SCOTT1E 31 May 2009 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by b 11omo (Post 8736388)
Hi fellas, I'm a new lad to this whole internet and forum type thing but I have a 03 Red WRX with full pro drive kit, Ricky stopped me in the white WRX and told me about you guys so i have come over to my friends house so she can write this for me and help me into finding where and when you guys meet. :D

I'm a newbie as well, and have been told that its the last sunday of every month at 2pm, meeting at the red lion pub in welwyn.

Whereabouts in herts are you?

Scotty

t7srt 01 June 2009 10:05 PM

Guys,

If you need any mechanical work done on your cars let me know,( mates rates) I've been a mechanic for 17 years with most of my knowledge within modification and motorsport,

I'm sure Alex can vouch for the quality work on my own car with very good results

alex_00s 02 June 2009 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by ruislip (Post 8736348)
Seeing as you Herts lot were supposed to meet us at 1pm last Sunday and were nowhere in site, i agree...! :D:hjtwofing

In my defence I thought the meeting was at 2pm at the duck pond and I did manage to get us there for about 2.10pm so not bad :p

AND unless you knw the BoB pub was hidden in the barrocks its not an easy one to find :hjtwofing

Next time I'm up for meeting at the earlier time for a bit of a blast with the MSOC guys thats a definate! :thumb: ...and as long as I dont have to lead anywhere :lol1:

alex_00s 02 June 2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by t7srt (Post 8739099)
Guys,

If you need any mechanical work done on your cars let me know,( mates rates) I've been a mechanic for 17 years with most of my knowledge within modification and motorsport,

I'm sure Alex can vouch for the quality work on my own car with very good results

:thumb:

When I been driving my car hard I get a weering from the gear box (and power steering as it goes)... I remember you mentioned the diff bearings wear and then weer... could that be the noise I'm getting from the box?

Luther 02 June 2009 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by b 11omo (Post 8736388)

Oh dear.... Ricky won't be happy you called his Spec C a 'white WRX'..... better edit that quick mate.... :lol1:

Welcome to Scoobynet though mate.... stick some pics up of your red one.... have always loved the red ones.... shame they never made a red STi :(

Hopefully see you on the next MSOC and Herts meets.... :thumb:

Budgie 02 June 2009 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Luther999 (Post 8739982)
Oh dear.... Ricky won't be happy you called his Spec C a 'white WRX'..... better edit that quick mate.... :lol1:

Welcome to Scoobynet though mate.... stick some pics up of your red one.... have always loved the red ones.... shame they never made a red STi :(

Hopefully see you on the next MSOC and Herts meets.... :thumb:

:wonder:are you sure sid;)

t7srt 02 June 2009 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by alex_00s (Post 8739976)
:thumb:

When I been driving my car hard I get a weering from the gear box (and power steering as it goes)... I remember you mentioned the diff bearings wear and then weer... could that be the noise I'm getting from the box?

The gearbox should make the same noises when driven slow or hard alex, It may pay you to change the gearbox and diff oils as they can burn and not do their job properly, Diff bearings rattle like a Cv loint on its way out, If you wanted to bring it round I'll have a look for you,

Your power steering could be the same fault, Not many people ever change their power steering fluid and this also gets hot, or it may just need a new belt on there,

I'm in every night this week unless the wife goes into labour, :thumb:

Luther 02 June 2009 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Budgie (Post 8740016)
:wonder:are you sure sid;)

....in the UK. Never really looked at JDMs..... hmmmmmm..... :idea: