ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Computer & Technology Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/)
-   -   pc crashes when playing cod5 (https://www.scoobynet.com/computer-and-technology-related-34/747268-pc-crashes-when-playing-cod5.html)

RA Dunk 20 February 2009 03:35 PM

me personally i would keep clear of second hand ones, i have two 8800GTS cards set up as SLI, bought especially for gaming i removed one and hardly notice the difference TBH, so a 8800 will play cod5 no probs

chrisUK300 20 February 2009 05:24 PM

whats your budget?

Zotac Nvidia GeForce 9800GTX+ 512MB GDDR3 DVI PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card - ZT-98PES3P-FSP Looks a good deal if your budget can stretch to it.

bioforger 20 February 2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 8523560)
i have a nvidia rig and it still crashes on me and other members of the clan im in

User error :) fine on mine.

RA Dunk 21 February 2009 12:52 AM

well have updated the Drivers - Drivers and NVIDIA PhysX System Software

still freezing up, only seems to happen when i run/jump and use knife at the same time, using same movement keys as i have done since quake 1 and thats a bloody long time ago, only happens in CoD5 all the other CoD games run without issue

bioforger 21 February 2009 01:10 AM

Weird, I guess it doesn't like specific cards or combinations of different parts.

I've only got a 8800GT in mine n Core2duo E8400 2gig ram. Works fine.

RA Dunk 21 February 2009 01:41 AM

tis strange but i know other people i play with regularly who have problems in cod5, if it wasnt for the CTF gametype i would go back to CoD4 tomorrow :(

GC8WRX 21 February 2009 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 8526169)
tis strange but i know other people i play with regularly who have problems in cod5, if it wasnt for the CTF gametype i would go back to CoD4 tomorrow :(

What clan you in, i know a couple of guys in KIA, fancy getting pwned sometime:D

RA Dunk 22 February 2009 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8527094)
What clan you in, i know a couple of guys in KIA, fancy getting pwned sometime:D

KIA lol we pwned them "many" times, we beat them in the Edom domination final IIRC to win the league, then we played the winners of the S&D league and beat them too to win the overall tournament last year, played some good matches against them though, i know a few of them Ollie is the only name that springs to mind just now though :thumb:

Ian 22 February 2009 09:54 AM

update..

im running my old drivers now, but if i have the game resulition turned down to 800x... it doesnt crash.

sounds like a new graphics card is on the list :(

slipstream_uk 22 February 2009 10:00 AM

Quick question, what system are you using XP or VISTA

On Vista my game ran perfect, never crashed.
On XP it would crash all over the place, tried updating all the drivers and it still crashed. It wasnt until I changed the phys x driver and uninstalled service pack 3 my game ran perfect.

*side note* how many background services are you running ?
as my system im down to 17 services running.

Ian 22 February 2009 12:13 PM

yes am running xp with service pack 3 on.

i have mcAfee running all the time

not really sure what else is running, im in the dark ages when it come to comps, i play games and surf the web, that about it really

BlkKnight 22 February 2009 01:07 PM

not read properly, but a 500w PSU is serverly underpowered for your rig.

slipstream_uk 22 February 2009 01:53 PM

right click on task bar and select task manager.
new window pops up, at the bottom of window
how many processes are running and how much commit charge is running

slipstream_uk 22 February 2009 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by BlkKnight (Post 8529146)
not read properly, but a 500w PSU is serverly underpowered for your rig.

Ive managed to get a 500w run stable in the past when money was tight, by going into the bios and turning off stuff I dont need:

floppy drive support
printer port
com ports and so on

GC8WRX 23 February 2009 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 8528614)
KIA lol we pwned them "many" times, we beat them in the Edom domination final IIRC to win the league, then we played the winners of the S&D league and beat them too to win the overall tournament last year, played some good matches against them though, i know a few of them Ollie is the only name that springs to mind just now though :thumb:

Funny, i play footy with semtex, i will take the pi55 tonight.:lol1:

I know toker, ollie, vert, wobbly and semtex ( he lives 5 mins from me), to be fair, the only decent ones are vert and semtex, the others i have done over a few times, i was up for joining but cant commit regularly, so didnt bother, plus they dont seem to pwn on this like they did on joint ops or cod 4!

Semtex is on the council, ill show him this thread later, i know he will not be happy, expect an invite for a scrim soon, i might see if i can play.

I play as KeizerSoze, what servers you go on?

I played cod 4 as Tackleberry, and got a bit of a rep, used to pwn whole clans with just me and semtex!

tuesday is a good day for me, ill be on with sem, fancy meeting in a server tomorrow, 5 quid says me and my PPsh pwn you!;) :thumb:

Ian 23 February 2009 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by slipstream_uk (Post 8529243)
right click on task bar and select task manager.
new window pops up, at the bottom of window
how many processes are running and how much commit charge is running

Processes: 44
cpu usage 0/1%
commit charge : 644m / 3922m

RA Dunk 23 February 2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8531561)
Funny, i play footy with semtex, i will take the pi55 tonight.:lol1:

I know toker, ollie, vert, wobbly and semtex ( he lives 5 mins from me), to be fair, the only decent ones are vert and semtex, the others i have done over a few times, i was up for joining but cant commit regularly, so didnt bother, plus they dont seem to pwn on this like they did on joint ops or cod 4!

Semtex is on the council, ill show him this thread later, i know he will not be happy, expect an invite for a scrim soon, i might see if i can play.

I play as KeizerSoze, what servers you go on?

I played cod 4 as Tackleberry, and got a bit of a rep, used to pwn whole clans with just me and semtex!

tuesday is a good day for me, ill be on with sem, fancy meeting in a server tomorrow, 5 quid says me and my PPsh pwn you!;) :thumb:

cool, it was CoD4 we used to play them quite often, they beat us a few times at CoD5 (i think) but none of us have really put much effort into it so far, most of the guys i play with are more into mapping nowadays than playing, im sure i could get some intrest for a match again, tell him im in [FRU] im one of the leaders, im sure it will ring some bells :thumb:

i mostly play CTF in our own [FRU] server, we have disabled all (or most) of the bull**** perks like dogs/artillery/ and annoying cr4p like that, game play is much better that way as noobs have no reason to sit and camp :thumb:

you probably could kick my arse nowadays as i dont play anywhere near the ammount i used to, and even then i didnt exactly kick ass lol :lol1:

GC8WRX 23 February 2009 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by RA Dunk (Post 8531761)
cool, it was CoD4 we used to play them quite often, they beat us a few times at CoD5 (i think) but none of us have really put much effort into it so far, most of the guys i play with are more into mapping nowadays than playing, im sure i could get some intrest for a match again, tell him im in [FRU] im one of the leaders, im sure it will ring some bells :thumb:

i mostly play CTF in our own [FRU] server, we have disabled all (or most) of the bull**** perks like dogs/artillery/ and annoying cr4p like that, game play is much better that way as noobs have no reason to sit and camp :thumb:

you probably could kick my arse nowadays as i dont play anywhere near the ammount i used to, and even then i didnt exactly kick ass lol :lol1:

Sounds like a pretty well set up server, im a run and gun player, i pwn campers for fun!

I agree with all the crap perks as well, nothing worse that a nub with jugg and second chance, or fcuking martyrdom :Whatever_

Footy not on now as half my team have got last minute deals to milan for utd tomorrow, so ill look for FRU CTF tonight! :thumb:

Im the same as you witht the play time, only get on 3 days a week for about 3 hours a time, not as good as i used to be! :(