ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tonight's Top Gear [or equivalant ;) ] (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/730225-tonights-top-gear-or-equivalant.html)

SPG 08 December 2008 12:34 PM

Ha ha! no but am I sad for secretly wishing they had given me the Marina instead just to have a bit of a laugh in! Remind me of the day's of no power steering and naff brakes! :) plus no RFL to pay! :luxhello:

ALi-B 08 December 2008 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 8330832)
Next week it's on at 9, so don't forget to change your record time (Sky+ sorts it out for you of course ;) )

So does V+, which at the time was also recording Strictly AND time-lapsing Take That as well as recording TG :p

Just yesturday BBC2 didn't update their time schedule to virgin that their channel was running over 5mins behind (probably due to the darts match) :rolleyes:

And me in my infinite wisdom had reduced the lead-in and lead out time to 1minute (default 5mins - which sometimes caused recording clashes if recording more than 2 things at the same time, so I reduced it).

First time its happened though; lesson learnt: Just as well we have torrents :D

Dan W 08 December 2008 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by SPG (Post 8330967)
I felt sorry for the previous owner of the Morris Marina, it was mint! and just to be pointlessly trashed like that must have brought tears to thier eyes!

Agree. I love Top Gear but I do not at all approve of wrecking 70s British Leyland cars. They might be total crap but that is precisely why we should try and preserve the few that are left.

Many classic car shows have few if any BL cars and I reckon its because so few are actually left as most were hated and therefore not looked after.

Well perhaps there are also so few at car shows because they probably broke down on the way:lol1:

seriously though

lozgti 08 December 2008 02:24 PM

Wife was teary eyed over the end of Miracle on 34th street.I was getting really stressed thinking (to myself) TG starts in a bit.

Amazing how twitchy you get.

Enjoyed it though.The review was really funny

Lisawrx 08 December 2008 02:39 PM

I quite liked the review part. Sort of serious, sort of a piss take. Maybe a good idea to do it more often, just keep it a bit light hearted. :thumb:

lozgti 08 December 2008 02:42 PM

Is it green.Yes:D

Lisawrx 08 December 2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by lozgti (Post 8331608)
Is it green.Yes:D

Loved that. :lol1:

Neanderthal 08 December 2008 03:35 PM

I thought the Russian cars bit went on a little too long and I wish they'd take more test cars out on the road, but overall, I thought it was the best one this series! :thumb:
I usually forward through SIARPC segment, but I thought Boris was funny as well :D

Ray_li 08 December 2008 03:46 PM

where was that shopping centre?

spider 08 December 2008 04:43 PM

Basingstoke - Festival Place

David_Dickson 08 December 2008 06:54 PM

The Marina forum guys arent too chuffed....
www.fastmarinamagazine.com :: View topic - TOP GEAR

lol.

boxst 09 December 2008 01:53 PM

Top Gear this week was very good (I've only just managed to watch it).

Steve