ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Wisdom teeth (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/728100-wisdom-teeth.html)

Steve_PPP 28 November 2008 10:39 PM

i've got one lower wisdom tooth thats partially under my molar, and i think it needs to come out. dental xrays show the root goes right through the nerves in my jaw and they don't watch to touch it :(

i want rid of it, its half exposed to the gum and keeps getting what i think is some kind of infection - if i prod it with my finger, then my finger smells like poo afterwards!

salsa-king 28 November 2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by speedymonkey (Post 8307625)
I had all 4 wipped out under general anesthetic, went in about 12 midday, had the procedure done by 2, and was out around 4pm :thumb:

Apart from swallowing blood for a few days, and feeling these 'massive holes' that appear where the teeth used to be, my experience was fine really, so its shocking to read some of your experiences :eek:

Most frightening part for me was getting a garden pea stuck in one of the holes whilst eating my dinner, i was so worried as everytime i touched it with my tongue, it just got deeper! had to fish it out with a cocktail stick :(

I had the injections then, appointment was 9:15am, got there for 9. I was back at home all done for 9:50am :)

MissyV 28 November 2008 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8308753)
Probably the best thing about my dentist is that he isn't in the least bit patronising, he knows people eat sweets and general crap the same as he does.
He gives facts and advice but is never holier than thou with it.

He told me that if I'm going to eat sweets then eat them all at once instead of across the day...that would be better :freak3:

ScottyScoob 29 November 2008 12:04 AM

I had a pain at the back of my mouth thought it was a wisdom tooth, went to my dentist, he had one look and said "oh half your wisdom tooth has died i`ll have to get the rest out" he give me a local then took out this ice pick (thats what it looked like) and jammed it in there and basically scooped the rest out with this tool from the devil.

a few minutes later got a pat on the back, smile and a keep brushing and that was it

b**tard

Torquemada 29 November 2008 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ScottyScoob (Post 8309374)
I had a pain at the back of my mouth thought it was a wisdom tooth, went to my dentist, he had one look and said "oh half your wisdom tooth has died i`ll have to get the rest out" he give me a local then took out this ice pick (thats what it looked like) and jammed it in there and basically scooped the rest out with this tool from the devil.

a few minutes later got a pat on the back, smile and a keep brushing and that was it

b**tard

lol, oooouuuch!!

My brother seems to be a pain addict, he loves just asking the dentists to just pry any teeth out that need doing, using that icepick thingy (has done since he was young as he hated injections way more), he's mental! :lol1:

Found out that, if I do need to have my wisdoms out, it will be a huge job as my wisdom teeth roots curle right around the main facial nerve that runs round the bottom of my jaw.
All I can say is, I'm not religious but I'm still praying to the teeth gods that they stay ok!! :lol1:

ScottyScoob 29 November 2008 12:15 AM

I was told at a young age that i may have problems with my wisdom teeth when im older. A year ago i had another sore wisdom tooth. After my last battle with the devil, i opted to go to Gdent (emergency dentist) this time I was climbing the walls with pain so went in, had to fill in this form that i wasnt a walking pharmacy, then went into the surgery where two females prodded for a bit, put some nice tasting stuff on my tooth, and ever since then its been fine.

Lee247 29 November 2008 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8309389)

Found out that, if I do need to have my wisdoms out, it will be a huge job as my wisdom teeth roots curle right around the main facial nerve that runs round the bottom of my jaw.

Snap

Had my bottom wisdoms out years ago. Or so I thought, 10 years later, bottom right starts to appear through the gum, roots exactly where yours are and they could not get them. Still there to this day. :eek:

OP, sounds like an infection, get to the Dentist for some antibios :thumb:

Torquemada 29 November 2008 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 8309410)
Snap

Had my bottom wisdoms out years ago. Or so I thought, 10 years later, bottom right starts to appear through the gum, roots exactly where yours are and they could not get them. Still there to this day. :eek:

OP, sounds like an infection, get to the Dentist for some antibios :thumb:

Phew! So it's not the end of the world if they come through then :)

I was imagining some kind of Face-Off style scenario :lol1:

You're right as well, to get back on specific topic :) the ops issue does sound like some form of infection, with the funny tastes an' all, yuk.

Lee247 29 November 2008 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8309421)
Phew! So it's not the end of the world if they come through then :)

I was imagining some kind of Face-Off style scenario :lol1:

You're right as well, to get back on specific topic :) the ops issue does sound like some form of infection, with the funny tastes an' all, yuk.

Naa, you'll just be thinking what the hell is this. aaah, roots :lol1:

Are we related :Suspiciou

blubs 29 November 2008 11:21 PM

Wow, I long on with a dental problem to put a thread up and there is one here already!!

I had one removed on Monday and was ok until Wednesday afternoon, when I started with the agony and copper taste in my mouth. I'm on simple Codafen and antibiotics until I can see my dentist again next week. He states it 'sounds' like a serious infection, (though to be fair he has not seen it yet).

Nothing is easing it all and I've had double vision with the pain, particularly at night if I yawn ?!

I have also notice a white 'stalk' in the middle of the cavity where my tooth was. Is this normal anyone?

blubs

I'm trying 'Becks' as we speak.

HankScorpio 29 November 2008 11:29 PM

Shards of bone emerging is normal if that's what your stalk is but see a professional about the pain as soon as you can.
Codeine based are good for dental pain.

GlesgaKiss 29 November 2008 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK (Post 8307050)
Don't know why. I've had 2 fillings in my life and neither time with an anaesthetic, neither time did it hurt.

I had my first ever filling done this year WITH anaesthetic. Felt a bit of a sharp pain at one point, so god knows what that would have been like without.

cster 29 November 2008 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8311611)
Shards of bone emerging is normal if that's what your stalk is but see a professional about the pain as soon as you can.
Codeine based are good for dental pain.

Yeah, but bex is better!

HankScorpio 29 November 2008 11:35 PM

True!

mart360 30 November 2008 08:21 AM

:D:D:D:D

reading threads like these, makes me very glad i had all mine out years ago

:D:D:D

Mart :)

Torquemada 30 November 2008 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 8309433)
Naa, you'll just be thinking what the hell is this. aaah, roots :lol1:

Are we related :Suspiciou

lol :lol1: Oh I shall look forrward to bizarre, root related face pain later then :thumb:

BBC's 'Who do you think you are', Scoobynet style :lol1:

blubs 01 December 2008 09:35 PM

All,

Quick update - I went this afternoon, when the pain got so bad Mrs.Blubs rang them up to book me in!!

And I have joined the dry socket club! Apparently a very deep dry socket with an infection to boot. He put some 'stuff' in the socket (anyone else thing it looks like weed when he shows it to you?), and gave me some stronger anti-biotics to sort it out.

Got to report back on Thursday. In the meantime I have a permanent dentist taste in my mouth and cannot wash it away with beer :(

blubs

ps, white stalk was a huge ulcer on top of the infection. I like to do things in style see ? :D

HankScorpio 01 December 2008 09:44 PM

good on you for getting it sorted!
That plug does a great job, I think it's clove flavoured but may be wrong.

ScoobLou 01 December 2008 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by HankScorpio (Post 8316233)
good on you for getting it sorted!
That plug does a great job, I think it's clove flavoured but may be wrong.

When I had dry socket, the dentist told me it was horse crap he was putting in there:eek:

+Doc+ 01 December 2008 10:00 PM

My appointment is tomorrow, can't wait...
I had a mini eruption the other night, the dentist has put a temporary filling of some kind on the tooth and left what looks like a geyser hole in it, consequently it started peeing out blood, must have been an infection bursting or similar? :E

HankScorpio 01 December 2008 10:06 PM

I've got two hours tomorrow...
1 small filling
2nd half of a root canal
2 x posts for crowns with temporary crowns.

Buzzer 01 December 2008 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_PPP (Post 8309117)
i've got one lower wisdom tooth thats partially under my molar, and i think it needs to come out. dental xrays show the root goes right through the nerves in my jaw and they don't watch to touch it :(

i want rid of it, its half exposed to the gum and keeps getting what i think is some kind of infection - if i prod it with my finger, then my finger smells like poo afterwards!

OMG that just made me PMSL, you poor tw@t Steve, yes i had that problem. I just kept using cotton bud thingies around it and cleaning it, then put some antibacterial mouthwash on the cotton bud to clean it. Quick swill with mouthwash and job done for another 6 hours. Eventually my tooth came through and settled down and no poo smell anymore :)

SiPie 02 December 2008 08:52 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/i...2206070061.jpg

Photo of the swelling straight after I had my 4 impacted wissies removed :(

Torquemada 03 December 2008 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 8316862)

Ouch!!! :eek:

Torquemada 03 December 2008 12:32 PM

Actually, it kinda reminds me of http://www.geocities.com/~shovalfilm...e-yam-spin.gif :D :p

Ug, ug ug ug ug ug! :lol1:

MissyV 03 December 2008 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 8316862)

Not something I wanted to see with my extraction being tomorrow :nono:

+Doc+ 03 December 2008 05:09 PM

Ouch, that looks like mine when I had an infected wisdom tooth, pain is an understatement!

Had my molar out yesterday, strange experience having someone yank your tooth out of its socket, bled like mad all night but seems to have calmed down today, even with the pain of having it extracted it feels better already.