ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   TGI.....god they are a grumpy bunch (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/727239-tgi-god-they-are-a-grumpy-bunch.html)

J4CKO 24 November 2008 01:03 PM

There is a similar place in the Trafford centre, call the Exchange Bar and Grill, now that is truly awful.

coolangatta 24 November 2008 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8296784)
Yes, there is a certain amount of irony in the name but you get the point when you go, they got rid of McDonalds about the same time this opened, in comparison to McDonalds or BK, beleive me, its Gourmet.

Its the one in Wilmslow.

PS, dont go that often, honest.

Sorry, I do take your point.
Used to frequent a really nice pub in Shepherds Market (before it went all Lebanon) and the cook there used to do an excellent home-made beefburger and chips (non of that fries nonsense).
Was great...not that it could ever be called top nosh...but great :)

SetoN 24 November 2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by J4CKO (Post 8296636)
Oh TGI's, did you have to mention it, you will have NACRO on going on about sink estates, tracksuit's, Magners etc etc.

If we want a Burger we go to the local Gourmet Burger Kitchen, like TGI's without the wankiness, reasonable prices, very accomodating and if you want a Burger nobody does it better.

eeekkk, JACKO i went to GBK Wilmslow when it first opened, never again! Burgers ranged from £7-12 without a side order! Chips came in an egg cup for £3, Salad consisted of lettuce and salad dressing for £3.50. :eek:

And they had a tip jar at the paying counter! :cuckoo:

lol, maybe things have changed. I hope so. :D

TGI's in Cheadle Hulme much better - 2 courses for £9.99 mon-thurs. :thumb:

+ they got some hot staff :norty:

Just my 2p worth.

SetoN

SetoN 24 November 2008 01:49 PM

Oh and to the OP, nice post! made me chuckle whilst eating my lunch :D

SetoN

NACRO 24 November 2008 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by coolangatta (Post 8296780)
Yes, as it would have been more accurate :thumb:

I wasn't talking about the OP just TGI in general. However as long as it makes you happy I'm glad to be of service.

coolangatta 24 November 2008 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 8296928)
I wasn't talking about the OP just TGI in general. However as long as it makes you happy I'm glad to be of service.

You're mincing words you mincer ;) :D

NACRO 24 November 2008 02:05 PM

It occurs to me that you're the pedant. However you're correct to say that I grind up meatballs using words.

coolangatta 24 November 2008 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 8296961)
It occurs to me that you're the pedant. However you're correct to say that I grind up meatballs using words.

Nit-picker meatballs...Got to be a market somewhere :)

MJW 24 November 2008 02:38 PM

I've only been to a TGI Friday once but it was the single worst experience I've ever had while eating out. Warmed up freezer meal garbage & pathetic service. How they still have restaurants open is beyond belief.

tanyatriangles 24 November 2008 02:44 PM

Well apparently my nearest one is over 60 miles, so I'm safe:D

SwissTony 24 November 2008 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by tanyatriangles (Post 8297048)
Well apparently my nearest one is over 60 miles, so I'm safe:D

Did you use the special TGI Fun Locater for that :D

tanyatriangles 24 November 2008 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by SwissTony (Post 8297051)
Did you use the special TGI Fun Locater for that :D

Yep, after I Googled TGI, as NO-ONE BOTHERED TO ANSWER MY QUESTION:D

Paulo P 24 November 2008 03:10 PM

I think it's the original poster that's the grumpy one :D I had a great night :lol1:

SwissTony 24 November 2008 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by paulpalmer (Post 8297118)
I think it's the original poster that's the grumpy one :D I had a great night :lol1:

So did I, I just thought you rifling through the pockets of the person who had feinted was a bit much :Suspiciou

little-ginge 24 November 2008 05:21 PM

That place was a shoite hole about 10 years ago, so I dread to think what it is like now, Swish...

I hope you didn't throw your chips at the person who fainted, now that would have been insensitive!:lol1:

SwissTony 24 November 2008 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by little-ginge (Post 8297448)
That place was a shoite hole about 10 years ago, so I dread to think what it is like now, Swish...

I hope you didn't throw your chips at the person who fainted, now that would have been insensitive!:lol1:

I didnt but see post above yours for more info :thumb:

little-ginge 24 November 2008 05:31 PM

well, he is a Palmer after all;)

Leslie 25 November 2008 11:01 AM

Whats a TGI?

Les

The Hoff 25 November 2008 12:54 PM

TGI Fridays, its a chain restaurant that mainly does American junk food like themed burger and chips/ ribs with Jack Daniels sauce/ Chicken,bacon, cheese combo etc...

Leslie 26 November 2008 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by The Hoff (Post 8299413)
TGI Fridays, its a chain restaurant that mainly does American junk food like themed burger and chips/ ribs with Jack Daniels sauce/ Chicken,bacon, cheese combo etc...

Thanks, TGIF was an old air force tradition, but had not heard of TGI by itself before.

Les :)

Stephb1986 26 November 2008 10:03 PM

I went to TGIF for my 22nd just me and my OH as i was celebrating with my parents the next day, we had a nice quiet meal together it was really nice although there was alot of birthday parties going on you know how they do the singsong and clappy thing. Thank god I didn't tell them it was my birthday!

Steph xx