ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   CAR PARKS!! One month of ownership and its happened allready! (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/72352-car-parks-one-month-of-ownership-and-its-happened-allready.html)

Lemmy 15 February 2002 06:39 PM

Last year I came out of my local sub-post office, having parallel parked opposite, to find a four wheel drive with its towing hitch impedded about an inch into my front bumper. The driver was still in the four wheel drive and hadn't even realised what he had done. He was rather embarassed and apologetic when I pointed out what he had done.

Amazingly the dent gradually worked its way out over the next couple of hours, so it turned out OK for him. A pity really since the bumper has a few scrapes on (from the previous owner) and I could have done with a free replacement bumper.

Alan

T5NYW 15 February 2002 07:00 PM

I had my two passsengers doors stove in on works car park:(:(:(:( the day I was taking it in for PX valuation :( nearly 1K damage:( and did the Bsteward report it NO
I have got to get it done with my own hard earnt kelt:eek: so that a few goodies less for my STI7:(:(
Should be allowed to shot 'em
Tony

P1 Enthusiast 16 February 2002 02:57 PM

The P1 is an absolute nightmare in car parks.

Low side skirts make the spiral descent in some of them an absolute precision art, not to mention those silly exits - they have carefully narrow exits, with kerbs :(

Put a dent in the P1 on one of those by swinging in too tight, got right side of car trapped by boulard and left side on some sodding silly post which was flush to the kerb. No choice had to go forward with right wheel trapped on boulard, it gives me nightmares the dent and the fact i had no choice but to continue *shudder*

Would have needed 6 blokes to move the car, next time i am looking for those blokes as my quote was 1100 quid and the best i managed was 300 quid to fix it from dad's mate!

I hate multi-stories.....

bug-eyed wonder 16 February 2002 08:01 PM

FFS [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
This has just happened to me. I was standing at the counter in a shop, happened to see a kid run towards the car beside mine, throw the door open as hard as she could and guess what! To say i lost it would be an understatement. I ran out of the shop and practically pulled the driver out of his car, marched him into the shop and got his details from his license. The paint is down to the metal and a dent in the door. Needless to say i'll be calling around with a bill as soon as it's fixed (and i won't be alone).
[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

babber 18 February 2002 01:01 PM

Pisses me right off that does. Some tosser keyed my car last year and the car was less than two weeks old. Had it repaired but the rust has started to come through, so time to get it painted yet again!!

I don't take mine to Tescos anymore for that reason, I take the misses Maverik, and if anyone knocks that, I can simply drive over thier car, LOL ;)

Cheers Phill C

PS Ja you are forgiven, LOL