ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   New TopGear - Thoughts? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/722414-new-topgear-thoughts.html)

corradoboy 02 November 2008 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by Torquemada (Post 8240836)
Mmmm, I liked the look of that blonde, behind Clarksons left shoulder in the Parky interview :lol1: :)

She was lovely :luvlove:

Just TWO cars then, both exotica :( Superb article, supremely funny and beautifully filmed. I do think they missed a joke when he said anyone could drive it fast. Wogan could have made an appearance ;)

SIARPC was dull as usual. Nothing against Parky, just the whole idea is dead IMHO.

The truck challenge could have been much shorter, allowing for another car review or group test. Again, funny and entertaining, but nothing new and certainly nothing insightful or informative.

Bravo2zero_sps 02 November 2008 09:51 PM

The anyone could drive it sketch was very funny, genuine LOL at the old granny, the little boy and the labrador all looking as though they are flooring it round the track :lol1:

warrenm2 02 November 2008 09:53 PM

lol at the review of the GT2 - ARRRGGGGGHHHHHH!

Liked the old granny in the lambo LOL

corradoboy 02 November 2008 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8240987)
The anyone could drive it sketch was very funny, genuine LOL at the old granny, the little boy and the labrador all looking as though they are flooring it round the track :lol1:

They missed a joke though. They should have got Wogan in ;)

j4ckos mate 02 November 2008 10:08 PM

i wouldnt say it was funny, dacia sandero jokes etc,
its watch when nothing else is on,

unclebuck 02 November 2008 10:09 PM

Is it repeated? :wonder:

Jolly good show I thought. :) Can't see any quality reduction or running out of ideas evidence as some suggest.

Even 'Parkie' was tolerable... :p

unclebuck 02 November 2008 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 8240948)

You need to get out more....

:D

fatherpierre 02 November 2008 10:10 PM

One of, if not the most self-indulgent TGs ever.

It had no content other than comparing the stright line speed of a £140k Lambo to a £90k Porker.

Lee247 02 November 2008 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Scoobychick (Post 8240856)
Well it entertained me for an hour and made me laugh out loud a lot which is more than most programmes can :thumb: :D

Same here. I really enjoyed it. Nearly as good as Harry Hill :lol1:

Bravo2zero_sps 02 November 2008 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8241041)
i wouldnt say it was funny, dacia sandero jokes etc,
its watch when nothing else is on,

If you watch it determined that's it's going to be cr4p then that's what it will be. I wasn't very impressed with the last series but had high hopes for this one and so watched it without thinking about last series and genuinely enjoyed most of it - need to get rid of star in a car and lorry stuff went on too long.

Torquemada 02 November 2008 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by corradoboy (Post 8240948)

Just TWO cars then, both exotica :( Superb article, supremely funny and beautifully filmed. I do think they missed a joke when he said anyone could drive it fast. Wogan could have made an appearance ;)

SIARPC was dull as usual. Nothing against Parky, just the whole idea is dead IMHO.

The truck challenge could have been much shorter, allowing for another car review or group test. Again, funny and entertaining, but nothing new and certainly nothing insightful or informative.

Phew! Thought I was the only one there! :lol1:

Gotta agree with you that the trucks could hav been shortened and some other car reviews etc. could have been squeezed in.

I like the idea of interviewing someone about cars etc. but the whole thing of having them drive round the track as well is a bit dead to me tbh.

Still really enjoyed it though :thumb:

Now, if they whacked in a part of the show where they got rid of a twoc'er in a Running Man stylee with gladiatorial banger racing, with big feck-off spikes etc., then I'd be proper made up :D

j4ckos mate 02 November 2008 10:17 PM

i didnt watch it so i would have something to moan about .
watched it hoping it would change.
like i said when theres nothing better on its ok,

the concept was a breath of fresh air at first, just like gardening progs, or reailty tv, or diy progs, you know the have a good idea at first then its flooged to death.

the jungle was good at first now its rubbish,
but they all run their course

Torquemada 02 November 2008 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate (Post 8241077)
i didnt watch it so i would have something to moan about .
watched it hoping it would change.
like i said when theres nothing better on its ok,

the concept was a breath of fresh air at first, just like gardening progs, or reailty tv, or diy progs, you know the have a good idea at first then its flooged to death.

the jungle was good at first now its rubbish,
but they all run their course

Eeeeew, the jungle was never good!!!! I'm guessing you mean GMOHIAC or sommat like it :nono:

Know what you're saying. They could change the format a wee smidge to make things feel more fresh but it's only the first episode of this series so I'll see how it goes :thumb:

j4ckos mate 02 November 2008 10:24 PM

he is looking old though clarky boy isnt he and james may as well

fatherpierre 02 November 2008 10:30 PM

May was showing the grey beard syndrome lol

Suresh 02 November 2008 10:34 PM

Very funny episode. Glad its back! :thumb:

Scoobyols69 02 November 2008 11:42 PM

Mmmm, I liked the look of that blonde, behind Clarksons left shoulder in the Parky interview :lol1: :)

Thats exactly were i was looking :lol: i would tap that bit of skirt

scunnered 02 November 2008 11:43 PM

It is entertaining, but so predictable.
I think the show format was good a few years ago, but has now run its course. The jokes have all been done before. For example, I'm quite sure we all knew Hammond was going to leave the trailer behind.
Maybe its time for a new fresher look.

Anyway, I look at it from the point of view that its an entertainment show, with two and a half grownups acting like silly schoolboys.
Its certainly not a car test programme (apart from the bits with the Stig).

warrenm2 02 November 2008 11:45 PM

what was the GT2 time though!

fatherpierre 02 November 2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by warrenm2 (Post 8241240)
what was the GT2 time though!

Doesn't matter - it's not about cars any more.

Boro 02 November 2008 11:54 PM

Clarkson referring to the GT2 as a squashed beetle. How very original, lol.

Out of a full season theres always some forgetable episodes and some truly awesome ones. I think this will end up being forgetable. Roll on next Sunday :D

corradoboy 03 November 2008 02:43 AM

For research purposes :norty:

https://img99.imageshack.us/img99/37...p298817ro4.png

Knicked off FinalGear :p

phil_wrx 03 November 2008 02:56 AM

what am i looking at

corradoboy 03 November 2008 03:10 AM

An ugly old man and a pretty blond girl. You decide which you prefer :D

290 AND READY 03 November 2008 03:50 AM

lol

WRX_Dazza 03 November 2008 08:25 AM

i can honestly say that i had the telly on in the background and looked up at it about 3 times....

the lorry cr4p just went on for ages and i think i nearly nodded off at one point.

bring back Wolly Wollard and Chris Goffey, i say !!!

ZZZzzzzz

SiPie 03 November 2008 08:35 AM

As usual, just a repeat of EVO's review of the Lambo & GT2

Scoobychick 03 November 2008 10:27 AM

I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to watch it again so :p :D

Gear Head 03 November 2008 10:30 AM

I thought it was 'ok'. Funny yes, infact I was in stitches. But, it is getting further and further away from what TG was all about. :cry:

trails 03 November 2008 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 8241397)
As usual, just a repeat of EVO's review of the Lambo & GT2

glad someone else noticed that...same as fifth gear; read Evo, change a few words around; new episode. Jobs a good 'un!:freak3: