ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Projects (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/)
-   -   Project P1 600bhp + (https://www.scoobynet.com/projects-40/717296-project-p1-600bhp.html)

banny sti 08 October 2008 08:52 PM

Got something similar planned next year for mine but will be using a variation of the 2.35 litre engine.

Banny

triplesix 08 October 2008 08:54 PM

I'm sure you'd just be able to squeeze that out of a GT30 (0.82)???

Shaun 08 October 2008 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by triplesix (Post 8185906)
I'm look forward to seeing what yours does Shaun. Would be good bench mark for mine. I've posted on 22b hopefully you'll make it :)

I will be looking forward to seeing mine back on the road, let alone what the new turbo does. :D It will be nearly two months. :cry:

triplesix 08 October 2008 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8186011)
I will be looking forward to seeing mine back on the road, let alone what the new turbo does. :D It will be nearly two months. :cry:

Lucky you. I've had to tolerate a 1.0L K Reg Polo since February :D

stevebt 08 October 2008 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 8186011)
It will be nearly two months. :cry:

same here :(

psigeek 08 October 2008 09:23 PM

I've seen this on the Kent Scoobies and on the McRae run (was parked behind me at South Mimms I'm sure:wonder: ) Beautiful car!

Steve_PPP 08 October 2008 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by psigeek (Post 8186116)
I've seen this on the Kent Scoobies and on the McRae run (was parked behind me at South Mimms I'm sure:wonder: ) Beautiful car!

Yep, sure is. :notworthy

awesome spec :thumb:

sparkytrix 08 October 2008 09:47 PM

:eek2: awesome

SkullFudge 08 October 2008 11:54 PM

Thanks for the nice comments fella's.

SkullFudge 08 October 2008 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by DazP1-956 (Post 8185896)
What a beast, nice one skullfudge. I know how much i've just spent on mine to hit 400bhp, excellent work mate.

Hi Daz.....me remembers you on the P1 forum, Thanks mate how are you?.

dynamix 09 October 2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by SkullFudge (Post 8186590)

To answer some of your questions, the two things I get asked more than any other is,

How much?
and
what's the wife say about?.:)

Answers:-

£ :
To date I have spent 58K..... 15K for the car, 36K on engine, & 7K on new brakes, the front splitter & bumper are spray/baked every year, wheels are blasted & powder coated every year (2 shades darker than normal) and anything that had a spec or mark is replaced new.

Wife :
I basically just tell her to shut up, and keep her knees together in case her fanny starts whistling when I floor it ;)

only kidding.... 20 yrs married and we are cool.

£36k on the build with RCM and you still had to wait months ? :wonder:

Amazing spec, but needs a great turbo to set that alight and I totally agree with the others in that this is a waste on the road going for 600.

p1junkie 09 October 2008 09:18 AM

58k:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: love these cars but jesus 58k i wld have to seriously be looking at some other machinery for that kind of wedge
dont get me wrong lovely car but its still only a scoob and when i had a p1 ud be surprised what bits are used on interior certainly not high quality
lovely car though have to agree with bighead(my old car) over 500bhp especially on a car as light as p1 is wasted u will never get to use it

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 10:18 AM

I appreciate your remarks regarding cost, yes it's high........but I have worked 70 hrs + every week for 5 yrs building my business. As some of you may or may not know circumstances arise whereby one needs to lose money before the end of the financial year.
You are restricted to how you can spend it. I get more enjoyment from spending it on my car than giving nearly 50% of it to the government in Corporation Taxes. I saved myself 11K by having the engine built.

Regarding the bhp being to much for road use , you guys are correct, it is, however it;s not as if the car cannot be driven normally on the road, and when it comes to track days (like I intend) I will have what I need.

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by p1junkie (Post 8186955)
58k:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: love these cars but jesus 58k i wld have to seriously be looking at some other machinery for that kind of wedge
dont get me wrong lovely car but its still only a scoob and when i had a p1 ud be surprised what bits are used on interior certainly not high quality
lovely car though have to agree with bighead(my old car) over 500bhp especially on a car as light as p1 is wasted u will never get to use it

Hi Junkie.
I know where you are coming from mentioning that it's a lot of money to spend on an Impreza but I believe the P1 is one of the nicest looking cars when kept nice.
The car has been developed for road use and motor sport when completed and I still believe it's the right car.
Time Attack proves that Skylines, Evo's, Vipers and others struggle to match the all round performance of an Impreza.

p1junkie 09 October 2008 11:01 AM

dont get me wrong i agree with everything u say about the p1 i had one and still belive it s the nicest looking impreza (i have a newage now)and was the best car i have ever driven and that was with a paltry 320bhp so a 450-500 wld be an awesome machine
i know bighead has spent a lot of dosh on his as well
fully understand the loosing cash bit i think mere mortals wld struggle with this expenditure but u guys running ur own business are different to us wage slaves:) again top marks for a lovely car and must be fun pissing off a lot of more exotic machinery

Brun 09 October 2008 11:44 AM

£36k :eek:
Good work - live the dream :D

frayz 09 October 2008 12:15 PM

£40K is easy spent when you start modding imprezas properly.

Stunning example mate, fair play on the build. :)

bighead 09 October 2008 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by p1junkie (Post 8187177)
dont get me wrong i agree with everything u say about the p1 i had one and still belive it s the nicest looking impreza (i have a newage now)and was the best car i have ever driven and that was with a paltry 320bhp so a 450-500 wld be an awesome machine
fully understand the loosing cash bit i think mere mortals wld struggle with this expenditure but u guys running ur own business are different to us wage slaves:) again top marks for a lovely car and must be fun pissing off a lot of more exotic machinery

well said brian....100% correct :)

and owing yr own business explains why he can spent £££ on a 8 year old car !!....great way to beat the taxman :)

s66sha 09 October 2008 03:39 PM

Fair play! Thats all i got to say!

stevebt 09 October 2008 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by frayz (Post 8187380)
£40K is easy spent when you start modding imprezas properly.

Stunning example mate, fair play on the build. :)

Quite easily:) I think I'm at around £40k now with mine but that includes my car. So it was obvious his spend had to be higher due to being built at RCM :D:D

The good thing with his spend is that it has been over time and not paid out in one lump as you would have to do for a better spec car as what people are saying ?? Getting into debt for a £60k is totally different. Plus his car will leave all the cars he could buy for similar cash ;)

WRX_Rich 09 October 2008 04:48 PM

so your the bugger who was holding Mat up doing my car ;)

i bet there is a bit more gone in to that engine than the spec shows

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by WRX_Rich (Post 8188017)
so your the bugger who was holding Mat up doing my car ;)

i bet there is a bit more gone in to that engine than the spec shows

sorry about the delay on your motor Rich

sssshhhhhh ;)

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by p1junkie (Post 8187177)

Junkie are there ever times when you regret selling the P1, or do your prefer the new age ??

I have driven several Impreza models but they don't seem to have that feel a P1 has

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 06:48 PM

Next to be fitted is this.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3...e/DSCF1616.jpg

Bought it for one reason only...security.

Trouble is we seem to think the drivers airbag will need to be deactivated?
and if we do that we are not sure if the ABS or the Motec will sense something is wrong because of the warning light?

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by DazP1-956 (Post 8185910)
I know Marty's just about to have his engine mapped for race fuel, 125 OCTANE:thumb: These cars running over 500bhp must be scary on the road, that's going to be my next stage of mods:norty:

That's an expensive decision to run on race fuel.
£ 8.00 per Ltr & £ 400 to fill Impreza tank!.

Marti must have the same pistons as Matt & Olly. Mine are the same as theirs only difference being the top 5 mm of the piston has a different design for more compression for race fuel.

SkullFudge 09 October 2008 07:08 PM

Hoping for good weather this coming Sunday. (Time Attack at Snetterton)
The car will be on the Subaru stand and along with others will be having a few parade laps.

All Olly has to do is finish anywhere and they have won the 2008 Championship.

:thumb:

stealthy55 09 October 2008 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by SkullFudge (Post 8188286)
That's an expensive decision to run on race fuel.
£ 8.00 per Ltr & £ 400 to fill Impreza tank!.

Marti must have the same pistons as Matt & Olly. Mine are the same as theirs only difference being the top 5 mm of the piston has a different design for more compression for race fuel.

lol when were you concerned about expense?

DazP1-956 09 October 2008 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by SkullFudge (Post 8186599)
Hi Daz.....me remembers you on the P1 forum, Thanks mate how are you?.

I'm really well mate thanks, i have to say even though my car is only 400.1bhp, I f*cking love, it pulls like a train and it handles amazing on the road! Even though you've spent all that money, you've done everything properly! None of this mickey mouse performance parts that don't last a month, i've always said 'you buy cheap, you buy TWICE'. Do it properly the first time, good to speak to you bud. I'll maybe catch up with you at an event someday. Take care of yourself and your beast! Daz

sticks 09 October 2008 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by SkullFudge (Post 8186590)

Wife :
I basically just tell her to shut up, and keep her knees together in case her fanny starts whistling when I floor it ;)

only kidding.... 20 yrs married and we are cool.

love that quote.if moneys no probs why not,top motor and to run it everyday as a day to day car.good on you,some people who have spent that sort of money on a car,dont even drive it everyday.they keep it under wraps and i dont see the point in that.enjoy it.

Ste RB5138 09 October 2008 10:50 PM

Another P1 monster :eek2:

Wish I could afford to go to RCM for work like this.

Brilliant stuff!