ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Goverments mad drugs policy! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/717197-goverments-mad-drugs-policy.html)

Odds on 08 October 2008 02:03 PM

Ah, compairing a small amount of crap 'ching' to a large amount of nice weed.

I get ya. :thumb:

GC8WRX 08 October 2008 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Odds on (Post 8184860)
Ah, compairing a small amount of crap 'ching' to a large amount of nice weed.

I get ya. :thumb:

Believe me, the ching that is 35 quid is not ****e, its apparently peruvian.

All i know is its nice clean coke that isnt half bad, and not cut with snide **** 6/4 like the **** from some so called dealers!

And a quarter of weed is not a large amount;)

Odds on 08 October 2008 09:36 PM

Thank you for the lesson on drugs. Having been young a little while ago, I know the score. You'll learn as well one day.

HTH. :)

wagrain 09 October 2008 01:28 AM

Personally I don't think cannabis is as bad as alcohol . . .

Think about it, person "A" smokes a few joints, gets the munchies, ends up chilled out on the sofa. If he's pre desposed he might, only MIGHT lose a bit upstairs.
Person "B" goes out, downs several pints of Stella, gets into a fight, 1/2 kills someone, ends up doing 4years in prison.

Do you know how many deaths have been caused by cannabis? 2, yes just 2 deaths have been put down to cannabis and thats not 100%.

I think the government should legalise it, then they could regulate it better and think about how much tax they could make on it!!!! Come on Gord' you're missing out on a tax bundle there!

wagrain 09 October 2008 01:31 AM

Just for the record, I don't do any drugs, though I tried weed at uni (20 yrs ago) a few times - it made me laugh my head off, get the munchies, then fall asleep. the next day no hangover or anything.

Not touched it since then, I don't even smoke normal cigs.

ScoobyWon't 09 October 2008 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8185942)
Believe me, the ching that is 35 quid is not ****e, its apparently peruvian.

All i know is its nice clean coke that isnt half bad, and not cut with snide **** 6/4 like the **** from some so called dealers!

And a quarter of weed is not a large amount;)

:lol1: Why are you admitting to this on a public bulletin board which we know is frequented by Plod? :wonder:

ScoobyWon't 09 October 2008 01:49 AM

Originally Posted by wagrain (Post 8186710)
Personally I don't think cannabis is as bad as alcohol . . .

Think about it, person "A" smokes a few joints, gets the munchies, ends up chilled out on the sofa. If he's pre desposed he might, only MIGHT lose a bit upstairs.
Person "B" goes out, downs several pints of Stella, gets into a fight, 1/2 kills someone, ends up doing 4years in prison.

Do you know how many deaths have been caused by cannabis? 2, yes just 2 deaths have been put down to cannabis and thats not 100%.

I think the government should legalise it, then they could regulate it better and think about how much tax they could make on it!!!! Come on Gord' you're missing out on a tax bundle there!

Person C starts toking on a few joins then progresses to coke, Heroin etc. He then decides to start breaking and entering or mugging to fund his habit... 1/2 kills a granny while trying to pinch her pension. Serves 7 days in prison and 4 weeks in rehab.
Or 3 days in total if Pete Doherty :rolleyes:

wagrain 09 October 2008 01:58 AM

edited

ScoobLou 09 October 2008 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobLou (Post 8184628)
This question is aimed at the people who drink alcohol and are against cannabis.

Now I know a few people who smoke cannabis and I've never known them to get mouthy or violent on it, yet I know people who when they have had a drink get violent and really mouthy so I actually prefer spending time with my mates who smoke cannabis.

Now it is a case of because alcohol is legal and cannabis isn't you are all thinking drinking is ok but cannabis is really bad as the government has made it illegal so therefore is evil.

Btw I don't smoke cannabis myself as I tried it once and it just sends me to sleep which isn't much fun!

I just think from personal experience that cannabis is less harmful than drinking. Then again I suppose it effects everyone differently.

Hope the above makes sense :confused:

No one understands then as no one quotes, I'm off for a joint :cry: :D

wagrain 09 October 2008 02:01 AM

ScoobLou's post makes sense!

ScoobLou 09 October 2008 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by wagrain (Post 8186729)
ScoobLou's post makes sense!

Awww you my friend now :D :lol1:

Leslie 09 October 2008 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8184773)
How does having a smoke encourage class a use?

The answer is it doesnt.

weed dealers are usually chilled out types, but you get the odd unsavoury one who sell other stuff, this is where the encouragement comes in, not from weed itself!

And to all the people who said it may be coppers going for easy targets, the two houses i mentioned are in an ok part of town, have scally smack heads hanging round all day, have been complained about more than once (in one case it was my missus mum who did the complaining), are obvious for all to see, i could even tell you the name of half the customers cos they went to my school.

No police ever sit nearby to discourage sales, or search scallies who are hanging around, or seem to do anything about it at all.

But at the monent they are driving round known smoking spots and searching cars, and just generally clamping down!

What sort of policy dictates leave the harmful class a dealers alone, but stop normal, hard working people from having a smoke of a night time?

Tackle the hard drugs first is my point

Surely coke shouldnt be easier to get hold of and cheaper than weed?

It has been stated by the authorities that most of those who are hooked on the hard drugs started on Cannabis. Its a natural progression onwards from there for many people. Some of whom I have known personally.

I certainly agree that as you say, the coppers should put a higher priority on the hard drug dealers. They should be strung up as far as I am concerned for the misery and ruin that they have such a large part of promoting.

I used to be hooked on smoking so I well understand how difficult it would be to get off those types of drugs once you have been hooked. When I started smoking tobacco there were no warnings of its dangers. It was very hard to kick it.

What I do ask however is, is it really worth destroying your body and shortening your life for a bit of a buzz at the time. I see nothing wrong with a drink for enjoyment's sake as long as you practise some self control to go with it.

The real answer I suppose is to take note of the warnings and act according to your own common sense.

Les

GC8WRX 09 October 2008 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't (Post 8186720)
:lol1: Why are you admitting to this on a public bulletin board which we know is frequented by Plod? :wonder:

Its all theoretical, and is to be taken in jest!:)

P.s plod can fcuk off!:mad:

BURTON 09 October 2008 02:47 PM

I will admit i like weed and have smoked it for many years ahve a full time job and don't drive on it and have never felt the need to go out stealling and beating up old granies for there pension . the people who say its a gate way drug are not smokers them self some people may start on weed then move on but chances are they would have found there way on to harder drugs from your friendly coke dealer in the local any way.

chocolate_o_brian 09 October 2008 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by GC8WRX (Post 8187614)
Its all theoretical, and is to be taken in jest!:)

P.s plod can fcuk off!:mad:

You always seem proper angry in your posts. is that because you smoke bifters you reckon :wonder:

Serious question b.t.w.:)

GC8WRX 09 October 2008 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 8187895)
You always seem proper angry in your posts. is that because you smoke bifters you reckon :wonder:

Serious question b.t.w.:)

no its cos i look on scoobynet on a lunch break or after work, so i usually need to let off a bit of steam! (my work is stressful at the moment)

Plus having no green to relax with doesnt help!:lol1:

GC8WRX 09 October 2008 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by BURTON (Post 8187776)
I will admit i like weed and have smoked it for many years ahve a full time job and don't drive on it and have never felt the need to go out stealling and beating up old granies for there pension . the people who say its a gate way drug are not smokers them self some people may start on weed then move on but chances are they would have found there way on to harder drugs from your friendly coke dealer in the local any way.

Exactly, couldnt have put it better myself!

Weed does not lead to other drugs, you dont have a joint then start wanting a line of coke, its the coke scene in every local pub that does it!

In my town you cant have a pi55 with out some having a line ikn the bogs!

Non smokers like that excuse though! I hear it all the time

And i know plenty of class a users who dont smoke anything, even fags!

Luan Pra bang 09 October 2008 07:37 PM

I would feel pretty confident in saying that more people snort coke than smoke weed in the UK. Just go to any busy late night spot and see for yourself.

GC8WRX 09 October 2008 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang (Post 8188368)
I would feel pretty confident in saying that more people snort coke than smoke weed in the UK. Just go to any busy late night spot and see for yourself.

Fcuk me we agree on something:lol1: ;)

Clarebabes 09 October 2008 08:52 PM

Weed is a right pain in my job where I am trying to get unemployed teenagers to do something. Most of them lack the get-up-and-go to get their arses out of bed before 3pm, let alone get a job :mad:

The Zohan 09 October 2008 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Clarebabes (Post 8188563)
Weed is a right pain in my job where I am trying to get unemployed teenagers to do something. Most of them lack the get-up-and-go to get their arses out of bed before 3pm, let alone get a job :mad:

Sounds like they need some charley or whizz then;)