ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Feel Good Films - What's yours (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/715025-feel-good-films-whats-yours.html)

Hanley 28 September 2008 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by green fast machine (Post 8161924)
dude weres my car

Hey what does my tattoo say?

Dude!!

What does mine say?

Sweet!!

No, but what does mine say?

Dude!

What does mine say?

Sweet!

:D :D :D

worley 28 September 2008 01:59 PM

You're my hero Ferris Bueller...

As stated: In Bruges, great recent film. Road trip made me laugh as did (if I remember) Planes trains and automobiles - particularly the car scene when he takes off his coat.

The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)

Nik

Turbohot 28 September 2008 02:21 PM

Me not exactly understand what "feel good" terminology means :confused: With ample deliberation, I think it means that the films, that leave a good taste in your mouth are "feel good" films. In that case, Atonement was making me feel really good until the "C" cwap started in it! I know the person who directed it, full marks for direction to him :thumb: But truely speaking, my pop corns were ruined :mad: when the "C" word was typed onto the typewriter of the handsome hero. IMO the scriptwriter should have thought of a better word to replace it e.g. ........urrrrm :wonder: ......... bum :thumb:
End of the film was sad, so I have no "feel good" reviews for it as a whole.

The film called Matrix made me feel very good. For a long time after watching the film, I felt like a female Neo :cool:
Shame I fell on me arse when I tried walking on the walls and the ceilings :cry: :D

I liked a film called "Hard Rain" too. I felt good after seeing a good ending to it.

NACRO 28 September 2008 02:28 PM

Time Bandits- David Warner's Evil Genius is one of my all time heroes,
"Slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one"

Also
Evil Genius "I feel so bad, Benson"

Benson "Good, good"

Evil Genius "Yes, it is good. For this is the worst kind of badness that I'm feeling"

Evil Genius "Oh Benson, dear Benson, you are so mercifully free of the ravages of intelligence"

Edit to add: also features a good friend of mine, if I call him Kevin ever again he'll kill me :D

or Clockwork Orange- Alex and his Droogies know how to enjoy themselves.

Nat 28 September 2008 02:30 PM

It's a Wonderful Life.

oldsplice 28 September 2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 8162098)
Me not exactly understand what "feel good" terminology means :confused: With ample deliberation, I think it means that the films, that leaves a good taste in your mouth are "feel good" films. In that case, Atonement was making me feel really good until the "C" cwap started in it! I know the person who directed it, full marks for direction to him :thumb: But truely speaking, my pop corns were ruined :mad: when the "C" word was typed onto the typewriter of the handsome hero. IMO the scriptwriter should have thought of a better word to replace it e.g. ........urrrrm :wonder: ......... bum :thumb:
End of the film was sad, so I have no "feel good" reviews for it as a whole.

The film called Matrix made me feel very good. For a long time after watching the film, I felt like a female Neo :cool:
Shame I fell on me arse when I tried walking on the walls and the ceilings :cry: :D

I liked a film called "Hard Rain" too. I felt good after seeing a good ending to it.

I liked Atonement to look at, but I found it irritating that quite a lot of bits hadn't been explained properly and if I hadn't read the book first, I would have been quite confused (yeah, I know it doesn't take much! :p) The 'c' word was crucial to the story (it was in the book) it wouldn't have been so shocking without that word. The ending was ruined by having Vanessa bleedin' Redgrave in it, but I have to say I didn't like the ending in the book either. :lol1:

oldsplice 28 September 2008 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 8162107)
Time Bandits- David Warner's Evil Genius is one of my all time heroes,
"Slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one"

or Clockwork Orange- Alex and his Droogies know how to enjoy themselves.

Ohmygod! I was going to say 'Clockwork Orange'! Beat me to it! :lol1:

paulwrxboro 28 September 2008 02:38 PM

Back to the future 1/2/3/4 :D

Nat 28 September 2008 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by paulwrxboro (Post 8162128)
Back to the future 1/2/3/4 :D

4?

paulwrxboro 28 September 2008 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 8162135)
4?

YouTube - Spin city - Back to the future 4 - Judgement day :smug:

Turbohot 28 September 2008 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 8162111)
I liked Atonement to look at, but I found it irritating that quite a lot of bits hadn't been explained properly and if I hadn't read the book first, I would have been quite confused (yeah, I know it doesn't take much! :p) The 'c' word was crucial to the story (it was in the book) it wouldn't have been so shocking without that word. The ending was ruined by having Vanessa bleedin' Redgrave in it, but I have to say I didn't like the ending in the book either. :lol1:

I understand that the "C" word was crucial to it, OS. So, fair enough. But it's just my taste, I suppose.

^ Did you see what I did there? ;) :D

I never had read the book. So, the impact of the film was taken just as a film. Good film, in all honesty. Shame Joe got no Oscar for it. Knightley girl is a true stunner.

Anyway, back to "feel good" feel about the films :cool: :D I loved "The Killing Fields" for I really wanted the Vietnamese guy to rejoin his family. I couldn't bear to see him catching lizards in that cruel camp :cry: I was made up when he gets found by the central character, and rejoins his family :luxhello: Great film, indeed. :cool:

mervil 28 September 2008 04:47 PM

Blazing Saddles- 'The Sheriff is near?' :lol1:

Lee247 28 September 2008 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by mervil (Post 8162346)
Blazing Saddles- 'The Sheriff is near?' :lol1:

I forgot about that one. I think that is the only film that actually had me laughing out loud :lol1::lol1:

hux309 28 September 2008 05:02 PM

No the sheriff is a...bong!!

Ariplane gets my vote. :D

Anyone speak jive? :D

YouTube - Airplane! - "Oh stewardess, I speak jive"

oldsplice 28 September 2008 05:09 PM

Life Of Brian :lol1:

ash002004 28 September 2008 05:10 PM

LOTR's all, and The Mighty Ducks!

paulwrxboro 28 September 2008 05:11 PM

Waynes world ....shwiiiig :D

Wish 28 September 2008 05:16 PM

Love Actually .......

ash002004 28 September 2008 05:17 PM

Bill and Ted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ash002004 28 September 2008 05:17 PM

and not forgetting the original Transformers movie, cartoon one!

mervil 28 September 2008 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 8162396)
Life Of Brian :lol1:

Pure genius :lol1: :lol1:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGb4STRfKw

Nat 28 September 2008 08:31 PM

Big Fish is good too :)

chocolate_o_brian 28 September 2008 09:09 PM

http://i2.tinypic.com/4ygz9yh.jpg

and...

http://deadhours.files.wordpress.com..._pete_tong.jpg

little-ginge 28 September 2008 09:16 PM

Blazing Saddles:notworthy

SirFozzalot 28 September 2008 09:35 PM

Weekend at Bernies :D

Happy Gilmore :D

Bad Boys I & II :D

plus a few already mentioned above :thumb:

Lee247 28 September 2008 09:48 PM

YouTube - Blazing Saddles --Farting Cowboys :lol1: :lol1:

By the sounds of the squeaky guff, one of them is still a virgin :lol1:

Lee247 28 September 2008 09:54 PM

Billy Elliot. Still makes me cry, no matter how many times I watch it.
Nothing finer than a glass of wine, a good film and a good bubble :thumb:

Turbohot 28 September 2008 10:02 PM

White men can't jump :thumb:

Lighthearted "feel good" movie :cool: I loved the basketball matches in it :D

Aaron1978 28 September 2008 10:34 PM

the longest yard, makes me laugh everytime:lol1: . the funniest thing i've watched more recently that had me crying with laughter and i would reccommend is 'jackass number 2'.:lol1:

New_scooby_04 29 September 2008 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by hux309 (Post 8162380)
No the sheriff is a...bong!!

Ariplane gets my vote. :D

Anyone speak jive? :D

YouTube - Airplane! - "Oh stewardess, I speak jive"

YouTube - Airplane II: The Sequel - Black Witness Scene

Both Airplane films were great, and if Blazing saddles doesn't make you laugh, you laugh then.....

Ns04