ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Which Country do you say you live in? (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/708703-which-country-do-you-say-you-live-in.html)

mickywrx 28 August 2008 07:03 PM

English and England. :thumb:

Or to narrow it down a bit, I live in Geordieland :D

Removed. 28 August 2008 08:23 PM

Try explaining that the country you live in is Guernsey!

British by the way, never have been, nor will I ever be English, just as I'm not Welsh or Scottish.

My Passport says "European Community" at the top, then "British Islands" "Guernsey"

jods 28 August 2008 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by ************** (Post 8095014)
Same here.

Ditto :thumb:

mad555 28 August 2008 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by windyboy (Post 8095180)
I was born in and live in Northern Ireland and I am British

Same here :thumb:

silver-destroyer 28 August 2008 10:42 PM

never mind country am livin on me own little planet...(according to the mrs)...:wonder:

***Nemesis*** 28 August 2008 11:27 PM

Wales and Welsh first and foremost. "British" comes such a distant second it's out of sight.

MattW 29 August 2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by coolangatta (Post 8095460)
I'm British but live in Japan.
However, I am English ahead of being British. :)

That makes you Engrish then ahead of Blitish ;)

I'm British and live in the UK, if people ask specifically Wiltshire. I was born in England but moved to Wales when I was 3, then back to England at 27.

Leslie 29 August 2008 01:25 PM

I seem to remember that in the last census that you were not allowed to put England and that if you did you were risking prosecution! How dare they try to suppress our proper country for their own shameful purposes!

Les :(

Bravo2zero_sps 29 August 2008 01:43 PM

They can prosecute away, England is the country in which I live and if they wanted to go to court to try and prove otherwise i'd like to see them try :lol1:

Abdabz 29 August 2008 06:43 PM

"England" for me all the way :)

SwissTony 29 August 2008 06:52 PM

I was born and live in England, though I have lived in several places around the world, England is where I live and always will be. If pressed by someone who hasnt got a clue where that is, I may defer to saying the 'big bit of the UK, you know, the important bit ' :D

And English everytime.
:p

Removed. 29 August 2008 07:39 PM

Lifted from the ONS official website.

The Countries of the UK

The top-level division of administrative geography in the UK is the 4 countries - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As well as the national government at Westminster, there are also devolved administrations in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.

Geography - UK countries

So how some government numpty can say that to put "England" on a form is not acceptable is yet another example of institutionalised muppetry (Appologies to Kermit and Co)

As for the INS guys in the good Ole US of A, what do you expect when 80% of Americans don't own a passport, so see Canada as exotic, and Mexico like it was another planet.

F1 CJE UK 30 August 2008 02:05 AM

United Kingdom, British

Leslie 30 August 2008 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ChunkyDunky (Post 8098197)
Lifted from the ONS official website.

The Countries of the UK

The top-level division of administrative geography in the UK is the 4 countries - England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. As well as the national government at Westminster, there are also devolved administrations in Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast.

Geography - UK countries

So how some government numpty can say that to put "England" on a form is not acceptable is yet another example of institutionalised muppetry (Appologies to Kermit and Co)

As for the INS guys in the good Ole US of A, what do you expect when 80% of Americans don't own a passport, so see Canada as exotic, and Mexico like it was another planet.

The lefty pinko PC plonkers can't stand the though of "England", they hate all its traditions and its past glories.

They just want to kill it stone dead!

Les :(