ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Disklok any good? (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/703048-disklok-any-good.html)

GC8 30 September 2008 08:34 PM

An old sized medium wouldnt even stay on an Impreza steering wheel...

Diesel 30 September 2008 10:22 PM

My Scooby went from Birmingham Airport car park with Cat 1 and a small Disklok. Nice welcome home present that! Dont know how they got it off and NCP could care even less, but at least it makesit harder for the toerags.
D

RB5 Boyo 01 October 2008 01:03 AM

Looks like a new 'medium size' is in the lead then lol????:wonder:

jonny_693 01 October 2008 08:01 AM

I've got the small one and would say its too tight, but then mine has got a bus steering wheel on (MY97) lol! Go to halfrauds, try all the sizes then tell them you hate them all and buy one off Egay instead! ;)

naughtyhunnybunny 01 October 2008 08:21 AM

Totally agree with haroldhettaturbo, I bought one last year from Halfrauds for MY00 and it rubbed and scuffed terrible, really tight. I went back and tried 2 others in case it was just a one off but if it wasn't for the fact my son had one for his scoob MY98 that he had bought a couple previous I would have given up but his fitted mine no probs, spun really easy.. So I bought an older one off of "that auction site" with all keys and its been great.. So there must have been some change in the design, we did put both side by side at the time to see if it was anything visual but we couldn't see it so it must be the internals..

2markscooby 01 October 2008 08:41 AM

lock

my mates dad owns disklock . all my cars have them on i prob get u all a discount on them if u buy i think it was 3 or more hope thats some help i got some for lads in ladsoc

swampster 01 October 2008 03:46 PM

Doesn't it actually have a car/size guide on the disclok site?

Edit: Yep here: Disklok UK

Size is medium.

RB5 Boyo 01 October 2008 04:37 PM

Yep you are right, but when i put in impreza it comes up 'small' not 'medium'??:wonder: :wonder:

Gonna go over to Halfrauds after my tea and see what they have in stock and hopefully get one....i will keep yous all posted:lol1:

naughtyhunnybunny 01 October 2008 04:43 PM

I tried the medium as well, that was huge.. Way too big, I just bought a used one with all the keys and it fitted great, and I'm going back about 12 months now so they obviously haven't re sized as yet ?
I also spoke to disklok so they are aware that the size that they say will fit actually doesn't!

ukdave 01 October 2008 04:49 PM

Small fits and spins on my classic,granted it does mark the wheel if you`re rough with em but can live with that,its prob about 4yr old,best thing about diskloks are they last ages-the one on the scooby`s one of the chrome ones i bought from a show for £40 new just without the box,others the bog std yellow i use on the runabout.......which i originally bought in 1999 for my 106gti an it still works fine.

Only thing ya find with the chrome ones is they get fcuking hot on sunny days-ya could do with oven gloves to remove it :lol1:

RB5 Boyo 01 October 2008 11:55 PM

Right....went to Halfrauds who only had the small Diskloks in stock, checked the fitment guide with the fella in the store, all tallied up and he said "oh yeah yeah mate it will defo fit, guaranteed, we never have a medium one in at all mate" so I purchased and brought home all chuffed....tried the Disklok on my MY99 RB5 with Momo wheel and wait for it....it fooking doesnt fit:brickwall way too tight and no chance it can spin, so im gonna have to go and get a medium size one now ffs!!:mad:

Now can someone please tell me why oh why do them fooking people at Disklok state on the bucking box that the 'small' size will fit all subarus (imprezas, justys, legacys etc) and then it doesnt fit, that fooking rags me big time, seeing as I now have to hike 25 miles to my Halfrauds store again to leave the thing back....i assume they will refund me as it states on the box it will fit an impreza but clearly it DOESNT ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad: :mad:

:(

silver-destroyer 02 October 2008 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jesus H (Post 8167031)

looks interesting......are they still in business (auto taseruk).....seems its an old 5 digit phone number.....mate is after one but can't track one down...

ukdave 02 October 2008 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by RB5 Boyo (Post 8170646)
Right....went to Halfrauds who only had the small Diskloks in stock, checked the fitment guide with the fella in the store, all tallied up and he said "oh yeah yeah mate it will defo fit, guaranteed, we never have a medium one in at all mate" so I purchased and brought home all chuffed....tried the Disklok on my MY99 RB5 with Momo wheel and wait for it....it fooking doesnt fit:brickwall way too tight and no chance it can spin, so im gonna have to go and get a medium size one now ffs!!:mad:

Now can someone please tell me why oh why do them fooking people at Disklok state on the bucking box that the 'small' size will fit all subarus (imprezas, justys, legacys etc) and then it doesnt fit, that fooking rags me big time, seeing as I now have to hike 25 miles to my Halfrauds store again to leave the thing back....i assume they will refund me as it states on the box it will fit an impreza but clearly it DOESNT ARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:mad: :mad:

:(

I`d have gone in the scooby and asked if i could try on my car first,hardly any aggro to pop outside an try it.Theres 2 or 3 different slots it can fit in on the handle, if it dont fit on any they`ve definately changed em-mine is the small and does fit the momo wheel (MY00 uk turbo)

T1000 02 October 2008 08:02 PM

As I mentioned on post #4 all I can say is that from my own experience of buying the new "small" Disklok it was way too small for the Momo wheel on late classic Imprezas. You'd need a medium. It scuffed my steering wheel after only a week, it didn't spin like it was supposed to and it didn't close without forcing it together.

I gave up and bought a Stoplock Pro which fits great

RB5 Boyo 02 October 2008 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by ukdave (Post 8172176)
Theres 2 or 3 different slots it can fit in on the handle, if it dont fit on any they`ve definately changed em-mine is the small and does fit the momo wheel (MY00 uk turbo)

No tried it on the last slot and yeah i can get it to close and click shut, but how easily should it spin? Mines can still move around but not really freely, and i dont wanna mar the wheel like some people have mentioned. sent a complaint to disklok and they replied saying a small should be ok on all imprezas and i was to measure the diameter of my wheel and get back to them....meanwhile i have ordered a medium size one with Halfrauds but is £20 MORE EXPENSIVE:mad: :mad: ffs!!!!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RB5 Boyo 13 October 2008 01:15 AM

The saga continues:( ....i ordered a medium size with Halfrauds on the phone after explaining the problem and they said that would be ok, just had to drop in the receipt for the small one and they could order the 'medium' as they dont stock it:rolleyes: why am i not surprised!!??:o .... I travelled in and they hmmmm'd and haaaa'd about ordering the medium and then said:

"im sorry but since its £20 more for the 'medium' you will have to pay that £20 NOW before we can order it"

....since i was at work and hadn't a dime with me to pay, I said:

"could yous not just hold my £80 i have ALREADY paid until the new 'medium' disklok comes in and then i will add £20 to it, save a lot of hassle and everything will be sorted?"

....to which they replied:

"erm no we couldnt possibly do that, its not company policy and would be too risky, we have to have the full amount before we can even order"

....ffs its only £20 and they already had my £80!!:mad: So i promptly said:

"you know what, keep yer disklok and gimme my £80 quid back and go and :hjtwofing

....all that fcuking about and hassle over £20 and in the end i was that pi$$ed off i just left....thanks Halfrauds NOT:mad:

So i have ordered a 'medium' :norty: one from ebay for £85 delivered:eek: :eek: and am awaiting it in the post this week...:Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou :Suspiciou

Anyway, just had to tell someone that little story lol:lol1:

Will keep the thread updated when i get the disklok and try it on the steering wheel lol:brickwall

rich67 13 October 2008 11:18 PM

Just to add my 2p worth, I have a small disclock ( bought from Argos last year, about £70-£80, silver one ) fits my 99 wagon, a momo wheel with air bag, on last fitting and spins ok, does leave a mark on wheel sometimes if left on for about a week but soon goes

scooby_wrx1984 16 October 2008 03:23 PM

I know the lad who owns Disklok in Charnock Richard. His dad designed it and has now handed the company over to him.

Should I see if we could sort out a group buy on them for some discount?

B4D HK 17 October 2008 04:32 PM

I highley reccomend these diskloks, best £60 I ever spent.
it saved my evo from being nicked last year !!!!!
They got it started even though it had a good cat1 alarm etc, but they could not get the disklok off and so left the car.
feckin numptys.

get one bought NOW!

mushy2020 17 October 2008 10:21 PM

Am getting one but need to know what size i'll need for an 06/07 sube!!!

RB5 Boyo 17 October 2008 10:49 PM

Prob a medium, but ud be better to try one and see....im awaiting my medium in post, then i will post up if it fits this time....which it better:brickwall

RB5 Boyo 20 October 2008 05:57 PM

Well....got the 'medium' disklok in the post today....AND IT FITS:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy ....In fact its quite large, spins around the steering wheel with ease and almost feels as it will come off the wheel, but it doesnt....im well pleased!!

So the 'medium' is the size you need if you have a momo steering wheel....well thats what i needed anyway!!:thumb:

billyray911 20 October 2008 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by scooby_wrx1984 (Post 8202080)
I know the lad who owns Disklok in Charnock Richard. His dad designed it and has now handed the company over to him.

Should I see if we could sort out a group buy on them for some discount?

Might be worth looking at.I'm sure you'd have lots of takers:thumb:

Dave Y 29 November 2008 08:34 PM

is this group buy going to happen? If yes put me down for one.Could we start a list to show disklok the quantity we are talking about then hopefully get a better deal.

Car Security Expert 30 November 2008 09:17 PM

Just wondering something reading this post........

Most vehicles that are stolen these days are taken after the keys are obtained... usually by breaking into the owners house. Do you guys keep your disklock keys on the ring beside your car keys?

Tenby 01 December 2008 12:42 PM

That would be a bad idea

mikey30 01 December 2008 03:45 PM

there was already an attempt at a groupbuy but the interest was poor....
get a clifford....more expensive but no way there gettin away with the blackjax....
:thumb: :thumb:

Mrfastbaz 01 December 2008 05:55 PM

i ve got a my05 wrx and have a medium disklok which fits a treat.....:clap:

Wilky_Boy 01 December 2008 08:35 PM

Mine's a medium on my 04 WRX - fits no problem. It's just a pain in the arse as it moves around when you leave it in the passenger footwell. Well I suppose that's the price of mechanical security !!!

BROOKS1E 02 December 2008 12:52 AM

i have got one and that fits both my MY00 and my late 05 blob to stop it scuffing the wheel i put a pillow case over it first .........plus if u put it on right the pillow case drapes out of the disc lock and makes it look like the air bag has gone off .....which i hope may make a thief think oh dear its not worth nicking :norty: