ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Are parking attendants lobotomised at birth?! (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/695461-are-parking-attendants-lobotomised-at-birth.html)

speedymonkey 22 June 2008 12:37 AM

I cant stand em ;)

NotoriousREV 22 June 2008 06:56 AM

Clearly by displaying your badge at a 90 degree angle you would have forced the parking attendant to move his neck, something which council h&s will not allow. Additionally, using his eyes to try and decipher the text at a funny angle could have led to a slight headache which would have resulted in time off for the council employee and a burden to the council tax payers of Darlington.

You, sir, are worse than Hitler.

Luminous 22 June 2008 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV (Post 7956535)
Clearly by displaying your badge at a 90 degree angle you would have forced the parking attendant to move his neck, something which council h&s will not allow. Additionally, using his eyes to try and decipher the text at a funny angle could have led to a slight headache which would have resulted in time off for the council employee and a burden to the council tax payers of Darlington.

You, sir, are worse than Hitler.

:lol1:

:mad: :D

Daryl 22 June 2008 10:17 AM

Just write to the council explaining that you were correctly displaying the badge etc and ask that they cancel the ticket. Tell them that if they fail to do so you will appeal to the Parking Adjudicator, who will expect to see evidence that the badge was not correctly displayed (ie a photo taken by the attendant).

They will almost certainly cancel the ticket and if not the Adjudicator will on appeal.

Incidentally, it is almost certain that the Penalty Charge Notice is incorrectly worded, so is invalid anyway!

Try Pepipoo if you want more advice. :)

Leslie 22 June 2008 11:30 AM

Councils are like any of the authorities, they are after the cash and they don't seem to care how they get it. Dont know why photos are being mentioned-do you mean the photo of your mum on her blue badge? That should be face down so that the issue date can be checked.

The other point is that traffic wardens in some places have a targeted number of ticket to issue so thay are likely to issue them illegally as in this case because they need to achieve the latest target. It is a shameful way to behave and we can only expect more of the same sort of thing- as with rubbish bins too of course! They will be able to fine us up to £5K now if we don't let a council snoop in our house soon!

Les :(

Luminous 03 July 2008 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 7956714)
Just write to the council explaining that you were correctly displaying the badge etc and ask that they cancel the ticket. Tell them that if they fail to do so you will appeal to the Parking Adjudicator, who will expect to see evidence that the badge was not correctly displayed (ie a photo taken by the attendant).

They will almost certainly cancel the ticket and if not the Adjudicator will on appeal.

Incidentally, it is almost certain that the Penalty Charge Notice is incorrectly worded, so is invalid anyway!

Try Pepipoo if you want more advice. :)

Good advice. One carefully written letter and the fine was dropped :D

Fuzz 03 July 2008 08:33 PM

Good lad. :D

+1 for common sense

DCI Gene Hunt 03 July 2008 08:36 PM

Aye... the balance is restored :D

Luminous 03 July 2008 08:43 PM

Yes, it does feel good to be vilified. A bit of a pain to have to go through the whole appeals process (and we only needed to go to step 1). No wonder so many councils get away with ticketing you for any old reason.

coolangatta 04 July 2008 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzz (Post 7956134)
I can see it's a 24hr clock and hence the 23 and 24 in little symbols means the time you indicted was 11.30 PM

Probably why the jobsworth cnut gave you a ticked. Did you not mean 11.30 am and therefore the number above would be 11 and 12 respectively ??

There is no such thing as 24:00hrs :confused: 23:00hrs then 00:00hrs :)

Pleased they dropped the fine though!

Fuzz 04 July 2008 01:04 PM

23:00 11:00 p.m.
24:00 12 midnight-(end of day)

Image:Railtime.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

coolangatta 05 July 2008 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fuzz (Post 7983317)
23:00 11:00 p.m.
24:00 12 midnight-(end of day)

Image:Railtime.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

Ha Ha!
I suppose it then just carries on 24:30, 25:00.........
Where will it end ;)

pimmo2000 05 July 2008 01:22 AM

My dad is 64 and got back to his car in the local council car park as the time ran out .. he could see the wanker standing there watching his watch as he waited.. being 64 he couldnt run over and although he shouted, the tw@t just gave him a glance and wrote out the ticket !!

****ing wankers !!

StickyMicky 05 July 2008 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by stevebt (Post 7956390)
I never knew that as I keep buying disposable camera's :)

keep?

how many do you use :lol1:

i have a sealed up disposable in the glovebox, had it for about 6 years now, unused :lol1:

are you supposed to change them after time?

ScoobyDriverWannabe 06 July 2008 12:36 AM

Me & me dad went into town last week too get our hair cut. He drove down, there was one disabled bay left but a X5 was parked in the bay next too it taking up half the room so a car wouldnt fit into it. So me dad ended up having too park down the other end of the car park.

Anyway we went & got our hair cut, mine was done first so i said id go get the car and pick him up from the hair dressers save him walking.

Me dad only came out of hospital a couple of weeks ago after having some vertibre removed from his neck and some work on his nerves.

Anyway when i got back too the car there was a traffic warden stood waiting. It was a case of if i drove away in the car hed report me for using a disabled badge that didnt belong too me. I explained the situation but he wasnt interested.

So i had too leave the car walk back down and get me dad too walk upto it.

pimmo2000 06 July 2008 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe (Post 7986571)
Me & me dad went into town last week too get our hair cut. He drove down, there was one disabled bay left but a X5 was parked in the bay next too it taking up half the room so a car wouldnt fit into it. So me dad ended up having too park down the other end of the car park.

Anyway we went & got our hair cut, mine was done first so i said id go get the car and pick him up from the hair dressers save him walking.

Me dad only came out of hospital a couple of weeks ago after having some vertibre removed from his neck and some work on his nerves.

Anyway when i got back too the car there was a traffic warden stood waiting. It was a case of if i drove away in the car hed report me for using a disabled badge that didnt belong too me. I explained the situation but he wasnt interested.

So i had too leave the car walk back down and get me dad too walk upto it.

I would have told him to get ****ed !! I don't care what his opinion is and I'd certainly fight it in court !!

andy97 06 July 2008 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7955381)
I cannot believe it. Just been out with my mum (who is disabled). We finally find a disabled parking space in a council run car park that does not charge for disabled drivers.

So we park up, display the badge and display the wheel thing with an accurately set time allowing us 3 hours. One hour into our stay a jobsworth plants a £60 fine on the windscreen claiming that they could not read the disabled badges. They were right in the centre of the dash, the correct way up, and totally unobscured.

Of course the parking office that was open could only take payments, not complaints. So now we have to go through some lengthy appeals process just because some retard fancied increasing their tally for the day.

We've taken a couple of pictures of the car and badges, but its still going to be our word against theirs. They will no doubt claim that we went into the car and turned the things around or something.

Bunch of effing useless morons. Totally amazes me how they can read the small print of a tax disc, but not the really huge bold print of a disabled badge.

No, its just they're on piece work, so every one counts towards the bonus :confused: