ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   NGK PFR7 spark plugs (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/690178-ngk-pfr7-spark-plugs.html)

PeeVee 30 May 2008 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by Richy B (Post 7907498)
I need a set of plugs better than the 7's...

Anyone able to help or know the code, I think they are called Racing 8's??? :confused:

I'm not sure what you mean by "better" but if you wan't a racing 8 then Prodrive have an option of the NGK R7434-8 for the WRC cars.

I assume you are building a "Special", Big Power Unit.

This is quite a cold plug & if you ever run the engine without warming it up properly it will foul the plug and then fail to start the next time. You cannot clean these so you have to throw them away once fouled.

Phil

Richy B 30 May 2008 06:08 PM

I want to run circa 450-480 BHP on my current setup and was going to go for the 7's. I saw on Andy F's site he recommended Racing 8's for this kind of power... I have just gone through a set of 6's.... :Whatever_

Spyder550 03 August 2008 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by Barretts Motorsport (Post 7904740)
Just to add,

If you are fitting the cooler plugs to a classic import, then you ought to be using the PFR7G-11 & (then re-gapping to 0.6-0.7mm) not the "7B".

The G series plug is fitted as std from the factory on JDM cars & there have been cases of cars misfiring on the "7B" series & people having to go back to a 6B.

Phil

Is there a reason that the JDM cars need a different plug the UK spec?

lunar tick 03 August 2008 11:09 AM

Just fitted a set of PFR7Bs yesterday on my Newage STI running a little over 400bhp and 1.6 bar of boost in the midrange. These were to replace the existing PFR7Bs that had worked really well but were due for replacement as they'd covered nearly 15,000 miles. The gap as standard on these is .80 and that's what I am using/have used successfully on both sets of plugs - I'm no expert, but I'm sure gapping down to .65 is unnecessary

ice643 03 August 2008 03:58 PM

I just put in PFR7bs in my Version 3 type r,i just put them in.What can happen as i diidnt check the gap.
The ones that came out of the car different,i belive they were 6gs.

cmpequeno 04 August 2008 08:00 PM

I ordered PFR6B and got PFR7B.
have a my02 wrx, stock... is it ok to fit these plugs?

sorry for the question, but it's easier to fit the plugs lifting the car and go underneath it or should jut remove the air box and water reservoir and go above? thanks

ice643 05 August 2008 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by cmpequeno (Post 8048902)
I ordered PFR6B and got PFR7B.
have a my02 wrx, stock... is it ok to fit these plugs?

sorry for the question, but it's easier to fit the plugs lifting the car and go underneath it or should jut remove the air box and water reservoir and go above? thanks

I did it by removing airbox and water bottle.Not that hard.

cmpequeno 05 August 2008 05:50 PM

fitted the PFR7B and re-gap to 0.65.
the ones removed were PFR6G.