ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Rolex advice (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/689808-rolex-advice.html)

subaruturbo_18 29 May 2008 04:22 PM

i cant listen as im at work an these computers are less high tech than calculators. but i shall listen later

its prob a really bad laughable version is it?

Devildog 29 May 2008 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by 84of300 (Post 7904779)
Cheers NACRO, will broaden my choice :thumb:

Can't hurt to look at both

Have a look at an Explorer (rather than an ExplorerII) first. Timeless design.

If you have small wrists the bracelet on the larger sports models may not be able to be adjusted small enough.

Mrs DD has a plain, simple, all steel lady oyster which she chose, and she loves. Again, small wrists mean that the sports models tend to sit too loose. tried a few on, but preferred the smaller one. At the end of the day, it wasn't about fashion or what other people think (suprised at Nacro going down that road, tbh) but about what she liked.

But, having said that, please, IMO, stay clear of any of the gold or two tone models with or without diamonds on the dial or anywhere else for that matter.

Nat 29 May 2008 07:15 PM

My wag looks good wearing my steel 1979 Datejust on jubilee bracelet, i think it's a pretty watch and looks a lot better than the reduced size ladies models.

Lee247 29 May 2008 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Devildog (Post 7905204)
Have a look at an Explorer (rather than an ExplorerII) first. Timeless design.

If you have small wrists the bracelet on the larger sports models may not be able to be adjusted small enough.

Mrs DD has a plain, simple, all steel lady oyster which she chose, and she loves. Again, small wrists mean that the sports models tend to sit too loose. tried a few on, but preferred the smaller one. At the end of the day, it wasn't about fashion or what other people think (suprised at Nacro going down that road, tbh) but about what she liked.

But, having said that, please, IMO, stay clear of any of the gold or two tone models with or without diamonds on the dial or anywhere else for that matter.

So, no to a bit of bling then :lol1:

I prefer nothing too fancy, I just thought that one in the pic looked quite nice tbh.

This is more my type of watch :)

http://www.watchestobuy.com/images/L...atesSteels.JPG

Nat 29 May 2008 08:09 PM

^^ pretty much the same as the datejust i mentioned above :) A lady with taste ;)

salsa-king 29 May 2008 08:09 PM

I am liking the new DEEPSEA seadweller

Official Rolex Website > Timeless Luxury Watches

anyone now how much it is??

Iwan 29 May 2008 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by salsa-king (Post 7905396)

Stunning isn't it.

I figure, if I have to ask how much it is ...... ;)

salsa-king 29 May 2008 08:32 PM

very nice, think I'll have to see Garath at goldsmiths in nottm, see if I can px a cosmograph :/

Nat 29 May 2008 08:41 PM

It's a touch under £5000. Lovely looking watch :)

sti-04!! 29 May 2008 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Nat21 (Post 7905478)
It's a touch under £5000. Lovely looking watch :)

I agree, has it been released yet ?

Just been trawling some sites & cant see any reference to that particular one.

Nat 30 May 2008 12:18 AM

September release i think...

NACRO 30 May 2008 06:08 AM

I prefer the original, this watch is too heavily branded IMO and has lost a lot of the classic understated design that makes the SD so good. (ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX) heh!

That said the lume, bezel and general chunkiness of the watch are quite attractive although I don't think the 'fat hands' or larger indices add anything.

I may well buy one if offered though, it's sure to gain a grand in value straight off the bat.

GC8 30 May 2008 11:39 AM

You have to be kidding? I used to love the Seadweller, but now its a bad as a blinged-up leopard skin orange Daytona!

NACRO 30 May 2008 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by GC8 (Post 7906584)
You have to be kidding? I used to love the Seadweller, but now its a bad as a blinged-up leopard skin orange Daytona!

That's an exaggeration worthy of my good self. But I agree it's a backwards step in terms of design. Might appeal more to the type of people who want to show off with their watch though.

Freak 30 May 2008 12:43 PM

Ooh another watch thread..

Must admit, I have been tempted by a black faced stainless daytona... but not prepared to pay stupid aftermarket prices for it..am on a list (with no deposit either ) but cant see that materialising any time soon really. Even if I got the call, I would possibly sell it on shortly afterwards anyway.

Other watches I would probably want to add to the collection first though, such as a '50s/60s breitling navitimer 806 & co-pilot and some others...
Looking at it logically, 1 stainless daytona = 4 or 5 vintage pieces all more individual and rarer than a daytona!

NACRO 30 May 2008 12:47 PM

My thoughts exactly Freak- plus when you look at the price declines from their peak premium it's hardly worth it.

That said it's an iconic watch although it has to be said it's physically damn small for a chrono these days.

I'm waiting for another to come up at my AD.

sti-04!! 30 May 2008 12:54 PM

I am a big fan of this watch

Could i go to a dealer, place a deposit & wait till september for it ? Or is it more complicated than that ?

NACRO 30 May 2008 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by sti-04!! (Post 7906728)
I am a big fan of this watch

Could i go to a dealer, place a deposit & wait till september for it ? Or is it more complicated than that ?

The dealer will likely add you to whatever list they may or may not have. If you're a known face you'll likely get first refusal.

A better long term bet would be an original SD IMO. Give it ten years and it will be worth much more than the updated model.

Johari Window 30 May 2008 01:43 PM

I can't believe the link between subaru imprezas and large items of ostentatious male jewellery has been overlooked this long. NACRO, you should petition the webmaster for a watch forum. :)

NACRO 30 May 2008 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by Johari Window (Post 7906854)
I can't believe the link between subaru imprezas and large items of ostentatious male jewellery has been overlooked this long. NACRO, you should petition the webmaster for a watch forum. :)

Not all items of large, ostentatious male jewellery bear the Rolex tag or are worn by Subaru owners.

Personally I think a steel sports Rolex looks pretty cheap on the wrist and nobody other than WiS or snobs give a toss about what some bloke is sporting on his wrist.

Iwan 30 May 2008 02:32 PM

Heh, I don't own a Subaru. ;)

Thanks for the tips NACRO, you've been genuinely very helpful and it's annoying to see you banned again. :(

My Omega is off getting serviced now, and when it's back it'll be going up for sale to help fund a new watch - either a Sub or a SD.

Speaking for myself, I'm not choosing a Rolex for the bling factor, far from it. My choice is based on the fact that I want a rugged, durable, waterproof watch, which isn't going to depreciate in value (hopefully). I'm also planning to wear mine (when I get it) on a NATO strap, the 1960's James Bond look. :cool:

http://members.optushome.com.au/heliosz/goldfinger2.jpg

flashgordon666 30 May 2008 03:48 PM

A: yes it should have paper work and if you try and sell it without on ebay they canncel it.
b: no
c: no

If anyone wants a nice fake rolex with box ive got one that bought off ebay for £200.

Ive had it for couple years but its like new ive never worn it. Sell it for £50.
email me if your interested, it works off movement. And the hands move smoothly. You cant tell the difference.

nigel.moran@hotmail.com

Dr.No 30 May 2008 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Iwan (Post 7906997)
Heh, I don't own a Subaru. ;)

My Omega is off getting serviced now, and when it's back it'll be going up for sale to help fund a new watch - either a Sub or a SD.

Deacon's in Wood St. had an LV Sub in the window last week.... :)

Get your plastic out!

salsa-king 31 May 2008 09:24 PM

this look nice too

Official Rolex Website > Extraordinary Watches

stevebt 31 May 2008 09:44 PM

That ladies watch looks ok to me !! BUt £2.5k starting price :rolleyes: If anyone buys at that price there mad :D I personally think rolex watches are a waste of cash :D

salsa-king 01 June 2008 12:11 AM

yep, when a good old Timex does just the same.