ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Proof class A's are not bad for you - LSD inventor takes his last trip, dies aged 102 (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/684898-proof-class-as-are-not-bad-for-you-lsd-inventor-takes-his-last-trip-dies-aged-102-a.html)

Jamo 30 April 2008 09:58 PM

not sure if its folklaw (ie: bullsh!t)

but I heard about a copper that was part of a team that busted an lsd dealer, he dipped his finger in a bucket of lsd, and it put him in a coma.

j

J4CKO 30 April 2008 10:07 PM

I have flashbacks with beer, like what the F*ck did I do, only had Acid once and never had any flashbacks from that, wouldnt mind another !

Group Buy :D

Jamie 30 April 2008 10:32 PM

lol i don't think webby will be too pleased but count me in:lol1:

StickyMicky 30 April 2008 10:40 PM

:)

LSD comes in several different forms. The most common is paper blotter. Other forms include gell caps, liquid, and gelatin. Each form will contain different quantities and purities of lysergic acid diethylamide. The chart below shows dosages for pure LSD measured in micrograms (ug). Micrograms are 1/1,000,000 of a gram.

Oral LSD Dosages
Threshold 20 ug
Light 25 - 75 ug
Common 50 - 150 ug
Strong 150 - 400 ug
Heavy 400 + ug
LD50 (Lethal Dose*) 12,000 ug

Onset : 30 - 120 minutes (usually about 1 hr)
Duration : 6 - 14 hours
Normal After Effects : up to 24 hours

* LD50 = dose which will kill 50% of the tested animals.
and

LD50 SOURCES
Clinical Management of Poisoning and Drug Overdose
by Haddad Winchester
page 459:
"No well-documented human deaths resulting directly from the toxic effects of LSD itself have occurred, though LSD has been implicated in accidental deaths, suicides, and homicides. LD50 (That's lethal dose in 50% of those who injest this much) determinations vary widely with species, begin 46 mg/kg in mice, 16.5 mg/kg in rats, 0.3 mg/kg in rabbits and 0.1 mg/kg in elephants. In monkeys, the LD100 is 5 mg/kg. Death in these animals is the result of respiratory failure, preceded in the rabbit by marked hyperthermia. Human data are manifestly lacking, and predictions of the average lethal dose for humans have ranged from 0.2 mg/kg to more than 1 mg/kg, administered orally.

every1sgottablue1 30 April 2008 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by *Jamie* (Post 7843950)
I have never had a flash back from taking lsd 15 years ago and i took alot:freak3:

Ditto......Ditto! ???? did I say that twice, or am I seeing things?

leonpoole 30 April 2008 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by Ghetto Dude3 (Post 7843965)
well they must be safe then, if you were fine :lol1:

wonder why i had some flashbacks ?

Your obviously a kids belly when it comes to taking drugs

Leslie 01 May 2008 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by _RIP_ (Post 7844120)
Agreed, Meridian is confusing mixed with cut. Although LSD is sometimes cut with lysergamides like dob, ald, LSD-25, doi, and others shi*e sold as tabs. Plus crap like bromo sold as blotters etc.

Anyhow, this makes no difference to the OD debate. So, care to comment on OD'ing with LCD?

I am interested to know,with your apparent deep knowledge of the subject, do you take LSD, and if so-why?

Les

M444GY 01 May 2008 12:30 PM

he must of had a fun life :D

_Meridian_ 01 May 2008 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Leslie (Post 7845588)
I am interested to know,with your apparent deep knowledge of the subject, do you take LSD, and if so-why?

Les

If that's addressed to me, no. I just analyse the stuff for a living, and have done for fifteen years.

M

_RIP_ 01 May 2008 07:26 PM

And I work with people who are drug dependent.

Pharmacotheon by Ott
by Jonathon Ott
p.139
"I must emphasize that there is no danger of death or injury from overdose of LSD, which must have about the highest therapeutic index of any drug known (the ratio of fatal dose to effective dose is unknown since no human being has ever died from an overdose of LSD, but must be very high, as individuals have mistakenly ingested hundreds of doses at a sitting; this is a way of saying that the drug is not at all toxic)."

Jamie 01 May 2008 09:16 PM

I have never met/known anyone dependent of LSD.....coke/beer/smac yes but never LSD!

ScoobLou 01 May 2008 10:50 PM

So what happens when you take LSD? Do you just hallucinate? If so this sounds scary rather than fun :wonder:

Jamie 02 May 2008 12:15 AM

Yes you do this flying is a load of crap! depends on your state of mind i never found wings and took to the sky!

Leslie 02 May 2008 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by _Meridian_ (Post 7846304)
If that's addressed to me, no. I just analyse the stuff for a living, and have done for fifteen years.

M

If you look at my post you will see it is not addressed to you.

Thank you for your answer RIP.

Les