ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   Got the w@nker sign of a saab driver this morning. (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/683188-got-the-w-nker-sign-of-a-saab-driver-this-morning.html)

GazTheHat 23 April 2008 02:45 PM

This is easily solved.

Just give the wancker sign to everyone you overtake. That should sort it. :D

CyprusScooby 23 April 2008 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by EDV11 (Post 7827792)
Thanks!!! I own a 9-5 Aero :lol1:

Like I said not all Saab owners are! ;)

CHUNKY.MONKEY. 24 April 2008 12:52 AM

i tend to blow the irate bloke a kiss(im not a fag) and then point and laugh at his car whatever it is and this bugs them more or give them the big :sleep: sighn

NACRO 24 April 2008 08:01 AM

I love these threads. :D

Maybe there's another post somewhere on a Saab forum about some wakner in an Impreza who overtook agressively using excessive amounts of acceleration.

'Don't worry though I evened things up by giving him the wakner hand signal, I bet that showed him'

Personally I derive a great deal of satisfaction from blasting away in 2nd or 3rd from the tailgaiting wakners that populate our roads.

'Didn't you want to overtake 'pal'? By the way you were almost in my engine bay I thought you wanted to come past......oh but you're a tiny dot in my rear view mirror- tossa!'

They invariably then come steaming past a minute or so later at over 100mph looking all angry in their sad little diesel ****boxes. I love it.

martwrxsl 24 April 2008 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by NACRO (Post 7830341)
I love these threads. :D

Maybe there's another post somewhere on a Saab forum about some wakner in an Impreza who overtook agressively using excessive amounts of acceleration.

'Don't worry though I evened things up by giving him the wakner hand signal, I bet that showed him'

Personally I derive a great deal of satisfaction from blasting away in 2nd or 3rd from the tailgaiting wakners that populate our roads.

'Didn't you want to overtake 'pal'? By the way you were almost in my engine bay I thought you wanted to come past......oh but you're a tiny dot in my rear view mirror- tossa!'

They invariably then come steaming past a minute or so later at over 100mph looking all angry in their sad little diesel ****boxes. I love it.

:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:

Probein 24 April 2008 11:44 AM

My goal on the way to work each day is to see how many people I can get to call me a wanker.. My current record is 3. Wasn't driving dangerously or anything, they just... didn't like me. It was pretty awesome.

GazTheHat 24 April 2008 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by CHUNKY.MONKEY. (Post 7830267)
i tend to blow the irate bloke a kiss(im not a fag) and then point and laugh at his car whatever it is and this bugs them more or give them the big :sleep: sighn

I think you need some more mods if you get time to do all that whilst overtaking. ;) :D

New_scooby_04 24 April 2008 01:15 PM

If you can see the gestures they are making

a) You're not looking where you're going :)

and/or

b) You didn't perform the move quickly enough/maybe your car needs some more modifications ;)

Any abuse directed at me whe overtaking is a wasted effort as a) I don't overtake unless it's safe, so what's your problem? b) My car is too quick and too loud for any of it to reach me! ;)

urdad 24 April 2008 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Probein (Post 7830695)
My goal on the way to work each day is to see how many people I can get to call me a wanker.. My current record is 3. Wasn't driving dangerously or anything, they just... didn't like me. It was pretty awesome.

Pi55 that m8 I get 3 b4 I leave my house....:norty:

chocolate_o_brian 24 April 2008 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by urdad (Post 7831018)
Pi55 that m8 I get 3 b4 I leave my house....:norty:

eh?:wonder: :cuckoo:

56blacksti 24 April 2008 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Dragoon (Post 7828800)
A3 = Golf in a posh suit.
SAAB = Vectra in a velour track suit!.

Enough said.

subaru= skip

DB07P1 24 April 2008 02:23 PM

i also got the sign this mornin for overtakin a daft old lad doing 45 in a 60!these oaps shud be kept of the road!

urdad 24 April 2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 7831043)
eh?:wonder: :cuckoo:

It was a try @ humour....:freak3:

chocolate_o_brian 24 April 2008 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by 56blacksti (Post 7831056)
subaru= skip

dont you drive a subaru, or are you a fully paid up troll?:thumb:

chocolate_o_brian 24 April 2008 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by urdad (Post 7831079)
It was a try @ humour....:freak3:

my bad not down with the text speak etc:(

urdad 24 April 2008 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian (Post 7831089)
my bad not down with the text speak etc:(

No my apologies,txt spk is lazy and for students,some forums are ok with it...

chocolate_o_brian 24 April 2008 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by urdad (Post 7831112)
No my apologies,txt spk is lazy and for students,some forums are ok with it...

like Max Power | Home | The world's best modified car magazine:lol1:

Molbyman 24 April 2008 03:52 PM

You should try riding a motorbike on the roads nowadays to and from work. I'm sure everyone has slowed down even more to save petrol.
I constantly get headlights flashed at me from on-coming cars about 20 yards away when I am overtaking perfectly safely. Its not only the cars your overtaking that seem to get pi**ed off - even the cars coming towards you go ape.

urdad 24 April 2008 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Molbyman (Post 7831215)
You should try riding a motorbike on the roads nowadays to and from work. I'm sure everyone has slowed down even more to save petrol.
I constantly get headlights flashed at me from on-coming cars about 20 yards away when I am overtaking perfectly safely. Its not only the cars your overtaking that seem to get pi**ed off - even the cars coming towards you go ape.

If you kept the front wheel on the ground you could flash 'em back...:D
I know what you mean,my wife hated me going out on my bike told me after I sold it....she's the reason I got a scooby:luvlove: