ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   General Technical (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/)
-   -   STRANGE!!! Problems with 1995 WRX..... (https://www.scoobynet.com/general-technical-10/676108-strange-problems-with-1995-wrx.html)

STI_Baly 30 March 2008 10:27 PM

I know this may sound silly, but if u have spark and fuel. Have you checked the compression????

After all compression is the 3rd basic factor for combustion.

After compression i would then move onto the electronics i.e ECU.

Good Luck

scoobyhunt07 31 March 2008 12:32 AM

Ok will also get mechanic to try.

Thanks

scoobyhunt07 31 March 2008 11:48 AM

I think it could possibly be the Compression, just looked over and tried starting again and it just so trys to start, but its just that last little kick it doesnt do. It kinda vibrates etc.. too its just that last bloody bit!!!!!

arrrrrhhhh!!!

Glowplug 31 March 2008 01:45 PM

If you have tried everything suggested in this thread and it still dont start i would suggest 'bite the bullet' get your wallet out and wheel it in the garage and let a pro sort it!
I dont say this to be funny or cocky but if you havnt sussed it by now with all the suggestions on here then i doubt you will, if it was my motor i would be gutted to see it just stood so i would 'bite the bullet'
:mad:

mikey2 31 March 2008 02:44 PM

i think hes right mate, if everything is tried then get it to a garage, something is very not right!! hope its sorted soon

scoobyhunt07 31 March 2008 04:39 PM

I 100% agree, the mechanic who is working on it has been away so he hasnt been able to come and have another look, I am just trying to gather enough infomration that may help at all to finding the problem.

I appreciate all the comments and I know its nearly time for the bite the bullet. But I am just waiting till my emchnaic has on final look. (The reason why I have done this, is beacause he is a good emchanic and works for subaru, so knows his stuff.

Thanks

mikey2 31 March 2008 04:59 PM

ah ok cool, short of stripping the engine down, theres not a lot to do, do the compression checks, fuel pressure checks, test all the electrics and see from there. good luck with it mate

mikey2 04 April 2008 01:49 AM

how you getting on?? any results yet?

scoobyhunt07 08 April 2008 10:32 PM

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for the interest.

Mechnaic came and had a look again, still no joy!!!

We replaced Coolant temp sensor.

Took out all spark plugs, (were totally soaked) - but this was due to trying tto start the engine.

So took of fuel connection and turnt over to try and clear the engine.

Looked at other components and all seemed OK.

WE ARE BOTH LOST IN TERMS OF IDEA'S.

1 note I want to make is that when he did the service and fule pump upgrade etc he said he noticed a bad ish smell form the fuel.

I may think this may be the problem and engine could of ran too lean or overfueled?

Its a 95wrx import with decat and exahaust.

He is gonna try and get to mine some time next week to pick up and take to his.

Then goign to drain ALL fuel out and see what happens form there.

Will also do a compression test ( I think this may be the problem - but I havent a clue)

It just wants to turn over but there is just no umphurr no SOMETHING!!!!

AHHHHH :(

Could be expensive:(

scoobyhunt07 20 April 2008 02:11 PM

Update on mine. we flushed all the old fuel out and took plugs out and cleaned them, Then out some fresh fuel in.

Now it starts, but stalls after 4-5 secs. (Same everytime no fail)!!!

Any idea's?

ECU?

Thanks
JQ