ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Tribute bands (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/671094-tribute-bands.html)

Bubba po 29 February 2008 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by jjones (Post 7697400)
tribute bands a fecking great, they all sound as good as the real thing if you drink enough beforehand.

So you can rate them as a three-pinter, a galloner, a gallon with Jack chasers, etc?
:D

Jeff Wiltshire 01 March 2008 08:07 AM

I've seen a few but the best has been "Rumours of Fleetwood Mac" who are actually better than the real thing now.

Chip 01 March 2008 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 7695709)
They are brilliant! :luxhello:

Seen them 3 times now at the Albert Hall. :D

Me too, going again in April.

Chip

oldsplice 01 March 2008 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Chip (Post 7698081)
Me too, going again in March.

Chip

:thumb:

Bladdy 'ell! Is it that time already? :lol1:

Chip 01 March 2008 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by oldsplice (Post 7698259)
:thumb:

Bladdy 'ell! Is it that time already? :lol1:

Yep,

They're doing 2 nights, think its sold out already though

Chip

lozgti1 27 October 2011 03:23 PM

Old thread but time to resurrect!!

Been to see Counterfeit Stones twice

Great fun,great bunch,really really good night out.

'Nick Dagger' excellent IMHO.Didn't even like The Stones before:lol1:

CREWJ 27 October 2011 03:30 PM

Nice old thread find!

I'd say a tribute act needs to be spot on. If not then you will get picked apart from the die hard fans.

I find a covers bands much more entertaining than a tribute act.

I'm a musician too and I'd hate to go with me as I find faults in everything. I get that from my dad.

Brun 27 October 2011 04:21 PM

Garry Mullen - One Night of Queen - Fantastic. Seen them 3 times. You tube him :thumb:

Aussie Pink Floyd - Excellent

Think Floyd - pretty darn good

legb4rsk 27 October 2011 06:35 PM

Seen 'Musical Box'. A Genesis cover band who do the albums from the Peter Gabriel era.
They managed to get lots of original stage & lighting stuff from Genesis.They strive to do exact copies of the stage shows.
Very good & endorsed by the original band.

http://www.themusicalbox.net/

SiPie 27 October 2011 08:03 PM

Me again :rolleyes:

5 of us at work (all been in various bands) got together for a band night fundraiser at work, was at the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh last October.... We picked a theme (ac/dc), dressed accordingly,practised solidly for 3 months, then went down a storm
. We played 70/30 split of dc and other great covers....then did another corporate gig to 500 folk then called it a day whilst the going was good and before we good any older :lol:

Maybe a reunion tour next year though ;)

Point being.... Out of all the bands I've been in, never had such a great time/laugh as belting out DC songs....

GlesgaKiss 27 October 2011 08:27 PM

AC/DC would have been good to see! I've got a thing for 80s cheese like Motley Crue as well. Nothing wrong with playing it now, as long as the music is good and the band don't take themselves too seriously.

I play guitar myself but haven't gigged since I was in college in 04/05. Been thinking about doing some again recently, would be good for a laugh.

BOB.T 27 October 2011 08:54 PM

I once push started a Transit van with Tina Turner...a bloke in drag, heels, wig, blacked up, the works! Possibly the most surreal moment of my life! :D

Also put some diesel in Meatloaf's camper van on the M6...another tribute :D

Lydia72 27 October 2011 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 10302854)
Me again :rolleyes:

5 of us at work (all been in various bands) got together for a band night fundraiser at work, was at the Voodoo Rooms in Edinburgh last October.... We picked a theme (ac/dc), dressed accordingly,practised solidly for 3 months, then went down a storm
. We played 70/30 split of dc and other great covers....then did another corporate gig to 500 folk then called it a day whilst the going was good and before we good any older :lol:

Maybe a reunion tour next year though ;)

Point being.... Out of all the bands I've been in, never had such a great time/laugh as belting out DC songs....

I'm not into tribute bands at all but I would go see an AC/DC one :luvlove:
Airbourne are constantly being called a tribute band/ compared to AC and it's not doing them any harm (but they're not a patch on the real thing).

Lydia72 27 October 2011 09:02 PM

IIRC the current lead singer of Journey was 'discovered' singing their songs on YouTube, get loading them vids up you never know who's watching.

lozgti1 27 October 2011 09:19 PM

[quote=Lydia72;10303000]I'm not into tribute bands at allquote]

I wasn't but was pretty amazed!! Great singers,musicians,entertainers some of them.

And £12.50 at the Robin in Bilston instead of £150:D

Lydia72 27 October 2011 09:30 PM

There's a fence opposite the exit to our nearby Tesco, it always has a banner on it advertising the latest tribute band performing locally. Problem is it has the real band name in HUGE letters and then in teeny tiny writing underneath it says 'tribute'. I wonder how many people see them and really think they will be going to see the genuine act for £10 :D

Lydia72 27 October 2011 09:32 PM

[QUOTE=lozgti1;10303035]

Originally Posted by Lydia72 (Post 10303000)
I'm not into tribute bands at allquote]

I wasn't but was pretty amazed!! Great singers,musicians,entertainers some of them.

And £12.50 at the Robin in Bilston instead of £150:D

Who the hell are you going to see at £150? I'd want to see Elvis for that.

wayne9t9 27 October 2011 11:23 PM

forget the stranglers, be an AC/DC tribute band and get this kid to front :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79vX...eature=related