ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   ScoobyNet General (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/)
-   -   wrx sti ppp (https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-general-1/669009-wrx-sti-ppp.html)

wolfie28 23 February 2008 01:01 PM

Bugeye STI's are rarer than blobeye STI's. Alot of Bugeye STI's are Prodrive style not Prodrive performance packed as already mentioned. It should have a certificate stating if its got PPP fitted.

Some of the earlier bugeye STI's fitted with PPP don't make the manufactures stated 300bhp, more like 280bhp however most of the blobeye do make the magic 300bhp. PPP fitted cars need super unleaded petrol and are serviced every 10,000 miles or yearly however many folks do a 5,000 - 6 monthly oil change. Classic Scoob's (P1) are serviced every 7,500 miles.

Again as mentioned don't get too hung up on PPP, for a little less money you can mod a standard STI to approx 330bhp with ease.

If your not sure which to go for drive them both to see which one you prefer. Both are great cars and everyone has their own opinion as to which is best. All I can say is see what advice folks give you and then go and make your own mind up.

Its a buyers market at the moment and I'm sure there are many very good priced Scoobs out there. Happy looking.

Wolfie.

Kenny P 23 February 2008 01:02 PM

There all imprezas lol. Why the flame suit? :D

dunx 23 February 2008 01:07 PM

P1 owners are a bit "special" and claim theirs are the finest Scoobs ever made, it's not polite to question their devotion.

And if they spot a bug-eye owner taking the mickey..... RUN !

LOL

Duncan

P.S. I had a classic before my new-age, try both (good examples) and see which you prefer.

Stirs it up ! Many P1's have had engine re-builds, some bug-eyes are now running 400+ bhp with only bolt-on mods, soon I join them.

Kenny P 23 February 2008 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by wolfie28 (Post 7679115)
Bugeye STI's are rarer than blobeye STI's. Alot of Bugeye STI's are Prodrive style not Prodrive performance packed as already mentioned. It should have a certificate stating if its got PPP fitted.

Some of the earlier bugeye STI's fitted with PPP don't make the manufactures stated 300bhp, more like 280bhp however most of the blobeye do make the magic 300bhp. PPP fitted cars need super unleaded petrol and are serviced every 10,000 miles or yearly however many folks do a 5,000 - 6 monthly oil change. Classic Scoob's (P1) are serviced every 7,500 miles.

Again as mentioned don't get too hung up on PPP, for a little less money you can mod a standard STI to approx 330bhp with ease.

If your not sure which to go for drive them both to see which one you prefer. Both are great cars and everyone has their own opinion as to which is best. All I can say is see what advice folks give you and then go and make your own mind up.

Its a buyers market at the moment and I'm sure there are many very good priced Scoobs out there. Happy looking.

Wolfie.

sound advice mate thanks. i like the P1 but its finding a low mileage un modded one thats the problem. Im sure there are plenty of examples left ill keep looking.

W R X 23 February 2008 02:40 PM

I think the Prodrive Style STI looks the business tbh. Rare too. (think there was only a couple of hundred made in blue)

dunx 23 February 2008 08:30 PM

10K for a tidy bug-eye, plus 4k will see you heading for 400 bhp....

Wha ! Ha ! Ha !

DunxC

Kenny P 23 February 2008 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by dunx (Post 7680128)
10K for a tidy bug-eye, plus 4k will see you heading for 400 bhp....

Wha ! Ha ! Ha !

DunxC

would it be reliable? sounds very tempting :norty:

Kenny P 24 February 2008 08:10 PM

seriously would it still be reliable tuned to that kind of bhp?

MJL98 25 February 2008 03:06 AM

I bought a bug sti prodrive in December and am LOVING IT so far, previously owned a uk classic, some people not keen on the bug look but its more individual if you ask me, Kev at scoobyclinic said they can do "LOADS to those" 450bhp is reliable if the right company do the work! drive a few to compare but dont get hung up on ppp, buy the best you can then buy shares in Shell! :lol1:

Kenny P 26 February 2008 09:19 PM

450 bhp? sounds good. what would it cost to bring a wrx sti bug or blob to that sort of performance? surely your knockin on a evo fq 400 door with that power.