ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   Please show some consideration... (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/651894-please-show-some-consideration.html)

OllyK 05 December 2007 01:37 PM

Can we add the Queen to the list? Got stuffed at St Pancras the other week all because she was opening the new International Part.

Luminous 05 December 2007 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7461782)
Yes it is!

Have you never thought about giving them some brake upgrade advice :Suspiciou

Oh, hold on, it was you who flew around Wales on cracked discs...what was I thinking ;) :p

cookstar 05 December 2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7461829)
Have you never thought about giving them some brake upgrade advice :Suspiciou

Oh, hold on, it was you who flew around Wales on cracked discs...what was I thinking ;) :p

Whislt eating a jumbo sausage roll :D

Luminous 05 December 2007 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by scoobychick (Post 7461820)
A friend of ours is an undertaker and says that he wishes that people who wish to commit suicide by train would lay across the tracks rather than jump or stand in front of the train. Apparently it's much easier to collect the body parts when they're laid across the tracks as opposed to spread along the track in small pieces for a few miles.

I remember seeing a program about the railways. There had been a "one under", and the Transport Police were sent out to collect the body parts. A reporter was with them, and helpfully suggested that they let the dogs sniff out the parts they were missing (I think it was an arm and a leg). Copper turned round and said...."Well we can, but we want the body part back. The dog would just eat it" :eek: Poor reporter just did not know what to say to that :lol1:

Luminous 05 December 2007 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by cookstar (Post 7461832)
Whislt eating a jumbo sausage roll :D

It was a good weekend...there will have to be another. Hopefully the venue will be a little closer to us both :D

(P.S. there is still no way I am going to get in your car :razz: :lol1: )

fast bloke 05 December 2007 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by OllyK (Post 7461821)
Can we add the Queen to the list? Got stuffed at St Pancras the other week all because she was opening the new International Part.

You want to throw the queen under a train? :eek:

cookstar 05 December 2007 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7461845)
It was a good weekend...there will have to be another. Hopefully the venue will be a little closer to us both :D

(P.S. there is still no way I am going to get in your car :razz: :lol1: )

Indeed, it only has 200 more BHP than last time:D

Kieran_Burns 05 December 2007 01:51 PM

Some time back just outside of Burton a guy decided to end it all by jumping in front of a lorry.

Unfortunately he 'messed up' and got folded underneath the lorrys front axle. He had his feet by his head and his face in the tarmac.

He was dragged several hundred feet while the lorry screeched to a halt and when they got to him he was still alive. Apparently there was a red streak the whole way up the road where he had been dragged and they had to jack the lorry up to get him out.

He didn't survive long.

New_scooby_04 05 December 2007 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7461839)
Well we can, but we want the body part back. The dog would just eat it" :eek: Poor reporter just did not know what to say to that :lol1:

How about:

"Bon appetite"

"Do you want fries with that, mate?"

or a good ole fashioned

"Bleurghhhhhhh"

;) :D

ns04

PS Sorry, morbid humour is common in Psychologists!

Devildog 05 December 2007 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by davegtt (Post 7461163)
:lol1:

I can see an infraction coming on for that one :D

Only if the deceased drove an Impreza :lol1:

Sonic' 05 December 2007 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by fast bloke (Post 7461869)
You want to throw the queen under a train? :eek:

go on, why not ;)

DCI Gene Hunt 05 December 2007 05:12 PM

I was stood at a crossing a few years back, a lorry had just pulled up at the lights and just before the lights turned green some youngish lad (25 - 30) walked up to it and placed his head under the rear wheel, like a wedge... it was so quick that no one had time to react... the lorry pulled away and the next thing was a "pop/crack" as it squashed his head flat... leaving a puddle of skull, brains, skin and blood... feet and fingers twitching away for what seemed like ages....

The poor lorry driver stopped just up the road and was in shock... I understand that after that he gave up driving :(

J4CKO 05 December 2007 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7462463)
I was stood at a crossing a few years back, a lorry had just pulled up at the lights and just before the lights turned green some youngish lad (25 - 30) walked up to it and placed his head under the rear wheel, like a wedge... it was so quick that no one had time to react... the lorry pulled away and the next thing was a "pop/crack" as it squashed his head flat... leaving a puddle of skull, brains, skin and blood... feet and fingers twitching away for what seemed like ages....

The poor lorry driver stopped just up the road and was in shock... I understand that after that he gave up driving :(

Effective method.

dpb 05 December 2007 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Luminous (Post 7461839)
I remember seeing a program about the railways. There had been a "one under", and the Transport Police were sent out to collect the body parts. A reporter was with them, and helpfully suggested that they let the dogs sniff out the parts they were missing (I think it was an arm and a leg). Copper turned round and said...."Well we can, but we want the body part back. The dog would just eat it" :eek: Poor reporter just did not know what to say to that :lol1:

Think i saw that one and it was the head they coulnt find - sort of vital really

mart360 05 December 2007 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by scoobychick (Post 7461820)
A friend of ours is an undertaker and says that he wishes that people who wish to commit suicide by train would lay across the tracks rather than jump or stand in front of the train. Apparently it's much easier to collect the body parts when they're laid across the tracks as opposed to spread along the track in small pieces for a few miles.

Agreed, it isnt much fun wandering up and down a train track at 2 in the morning looking for bits!!

mart

mart360 05 December 2007 09:28 PM

Oh and dont do shotguns either, they make a mess everywhere,

seen most ways people have chosen to end it all, some go to considerable lengths to make sure it happens

mart

stringostar 05 December 2007 09:33 PM

you have opened a can of worms on this thread aint ya!!! but good lad.. i'd love to work for the samaritans, and give out useful advice... " buy one razor blade get another free" from B n Q etc etc"

Tam the bam 05 December 2007 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by SiPie (Post 7461760)
Yup....

Edinburgh's exactly the same with the Bridges (Main thoroughfare for me heading home from work) frequently being closed due to a potential jumper....

Quick push would get my vote :thumb:

My old school pal jumped off the NB, he survived and is now in a wheelchair after loosing both his legs due to it. :cuckoo:

jods 05 December 2007 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns (Post 7461884)
Some time back just outside of Burton a guy decided to end it all by jumping in front of a lorry.

Unfortunately he 'messed up' and got folded underneath the lorrys front axle. He had his feet by his head and his face in the tarmac.

He was dragged several hundred feet while the lorry screeched to a halt and when they got to him he was still alive. Apparently there was a red streak the whole way up the road where he had been dragged and they had to jack the lorry up to get him out.

He didn't survive long.

:lol1:

Sorry but that tickled my [rather twisted] funnybone

jods 05 December 2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt (Post 7462463)

You sure he wasn't some jobsworth traffic cop checking the tread depth ?